ALL >> Education >> View Article
Online Education (bachelor Of Information Science Degree)
Total Articles: 215
The Integrated Information, Science, and Technology program is a bachelor’s degree completion program with tracks in Biotechnology and Information Systems and Technology.
These two innovative tracks of Biotechnology and Information Systems and Technology allow students to remain competitive in today’s workforce while gaining valuable knowledge and information in these two cutting-edge, rapidly evolving industries.
Designed for science entrepreneurs and those driven to work in the business-side of science, these two tracks are geared toward individuals who are currently working in these fields, or those who are attempting to gain entry either as a career-changer or as a young professional seeking an entry-level position. These tracks provide an alternate career path for the science professional from the traditional role of research to that of business management.
Developed by GW’s College of Professional Studies, this bachelor’s degree completion program is for the individual who currently holds an Associates Degree or has earned at least 60 credit hours towards their undergraduate degree.
The remaining 60 credit hours of study required for bachelor’s degree completion at GW, consist of 32 credit hours of foundational courses which are taken during the first three semesters (Fall, Spring and Summer) or equivalent of junior year, and 28 credit hours in either one of two tracks: Biotechnology or Information Systems and Technology, taken in the second year of studies (or the equivalent of senior year.)
Courses are scheduled with the needs of working professionals in mind and are offered during the evenings and weekends at our northern Virginia location in Arlington.
The Biotechnology and Information Systems and Technology tracks are also specially developed to provide a conduit to existing GW Master’s degree programs in Molecular Biotechnology and Information Systems and Technology Management.
Secure a rewarding career in the fields of Information and Network Security, Information Systems Management, Development and Analysis, Biotechnology and Bioinformatics.
The computer and information science major provides an in-depth study of computer and information science through a hands-on approach that enables students to explore computer-based solutions to challenging problems. The curriculum focuses on problem-solving skills and techniques that can be applied to many disciplines and covers software and Web engineering, relational databases, programming languages, operating systems, computer networks, and distributed systems. Students may pursue careers in various computing areas, including applications in programming, databases, software engineering, and networking.
Intended Program Outcomes
The student who graduates with a major in computer and information science should be able to
• Design, implement, secure, and maintain databases that meet user requirements for both transaction processing and data warehouses.
• Design, develop, implement, secure, and maintain software applications that meet user requirements, using current best practices and tools for all application interfaces and domains.
• Design, implement, and maintain a reliable and secure network and services infrastructure.
• Plan, manage, and provide appropriate documentation and communication through all phases of the software development life cycle to ensure successful implementation of an information technology (IT) project that is on time and within budget.
• Identify, learn, and adapt to local and global IT trends, technologies, legalities, and policies, as well as appropriately communicate their impact to key stakeholders.
• Work independently or as an effective member of an application development team to determine and implement systems that meet customer requirements.
The changing nature of society has brought a growing demand for knowledge and information at work, in education and in leisure. Librarians, archivists, knowledge managers and many other information professionals are meeting that demand by providing effective access to information resources and services.
Qualified information professionals play a vital role in facilitating the creation, management and preservation of information and in the development of information literacy. Our graduates provide the necessary link between the information resources, whether physical or digital, and the users of that information.
Students commence the course with a three-day compulsory course orientation.
Did you know you can earn college degree online? Well, we have gathered all the information you need to know about online colleges and degrees. Online Colleges and schools offer various study courses including education, business, healthcare, criminal justice, engineering, liberal arts, graphic design, human services, paralegal, animal husbandry, nursing, and many others, same as traditional campus degree programs do.
Online colleges have improved a lot lately. Many of modern approved online colleges are creating impressive studying systems for different types of learners. Simultaneously, many traditional colleges and universities are building online expansion programs. Almost every online course can be concluded without entering a classroom; though, contingent to particular study arenas, some of the online courses may need extra on-site laboratory sessions which prepare students with hands-on experience in the specific field.
Online colleges and universities develop expertise for earning undergraduate and graduate certificates for specializations in study areas. Some degrees can be earned in as little as ten months, while others will require a greater length of time.
You May Qualify For Financial Aid.
Education Articles1. Things To Check Before Choosing Institute For Diploma Courses In Delhi Ncr
2. 70-764 Exam Dumps
Author: Peter Baumann
3. Why It Is Important To Have A Good Digital Marketing Strategy
4. Know More About Java Programming Language Features
Author: Illiana Carter
5. Here's What Industry Insiders Say About Chartered Accountants
Author: Austin Loader
6. Wbpsc Admit Card 2017–18| Download Asst Professor/manager Exams Online Entrance Card
Author: Recruitment Result
7. 70-713 Certification Guides
Author: 70-713 Exam Dumps
8. 70-348 Preparation Guides
Author: 70-348 Study Guides
9. Benefits Of Choosing Technical Courses After 12th Class
10. 70-334 E-books
Author: Peter Baumann
11. Gain A Good Understanding Of Primavera P6 Software And Learn To Use It Efficiently For Your Project
Author: Multisoft Virtual Academy
12. Automation Frameworks Use With Selenium Webdriver
Author: Siyaram Yadav
13. 1y0-202 Test
Author: Peter Baumann
14. Ccie Routing And Switching Lab Workbook
Author: Abigail Revan
15. Online Onboarding In A Company – What To Understand About The Process
Author: Jan Procházka