ALL >> Health >> View Article
Do Natural Remedies For Rosacea Really Work?
Total Articles: 452
If you're suffering from rosacea, you may be considering natural remedies to treat the condition rather than turning to expensive prescriptions that carry risks. There are really dozens of home remedies for rosacea, although no one treatment will work for everyone. There's a good chance you will find something that will help reduce symptoms, though, and it's a good idea to keep a journal and track your results with each product to find out which offers the best benefits. Natural remedies also work best when combined with lifestyle changes, so track your outbreaks and learn to identify your unique triggers, whether it's stress, heat or chocolate.
Herbal Rosacea Natural Treatment Options
You'll find a wide variety of products available that treat rosacea using natural herbs. Herbs have been used for centuries to treat a wide range of ailments, including rosacea, and they can be very effective because they contain natural ingredients that calm inflammation and redness. Some of these herbs can be made into a compress for your face, others you can drink in tea and many are included in a lotion.
Some of the most common herbs and natural ingredients used as a rosacea natural treatment option include:
• Chamomile, which may be applied topically as an oil or used in tea form to make a compress.
• Horse chestnut, which has helped many people manage rosacea when used in a cream applied twice a day.
• Cat's claw, which reduces food sensitivities by encouraging a healthy intestinal environment. Cat's claw may be taken three times a day, but it cannot be used if you are pregnant, nursing or taking blood thinners.
• Green tea, which may be used as a compress with anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties that soothe skin.
• Tea tree oil, which has antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties that may help treat your rosacea.
• Rose hip oil, which is used to treat a wide variety of skin issues like sunburns, eczema and rosacea and may be applied topically.
• Red clover, which is considered a very safe rosacea home treatment that reduces irritation and minimizes redness when taken twice a day.
• Grapeseed extract, which improves the formation of collagen and also acts as an antioxidant and anti-inflammatory.
• Gotu Kola, which promotes healing of the skin.
• Licorice extract, which is an anti-inflammatory with ingredients that reduce the redness of rosacea.
• Feverfew, which may be applied topically to prevent blood from pooling in your capillaries.
Other Remedies for Rosacea
While herbs taken orally or applied topically are an excellent way to treat rosacea at home, there are many other natural remedies that are worth a try. One of the best ways to reduce the painful, itchy skin that comes with rosacea is oatmeal, which fights redness and itching. A cup of water can be mixed with two tablespoons of oatmeal to make a rub that can be applied topically.
Aloe vera also has the power to do wonders, and it's one of the most popular home remedies for rosacea. Aloe vera addresses many skin problems and it can be used topically or orally twice a day to treat rosacea.
You may even find some relief by applying a cucumber mask to your face. Simply blend up fresh cucumber into a thick paste and smooth on your face, leaving it on for about thirty minutes. Afterward, rinse your face with cool water.
Because rosacea skin is very sensitive and may flare with at-home treatments, be careful when you turn to home remedies for rosacea. Introduce only one product at a time, and watch your reaction. Discontinue any rosacea home treatment if you experience flare ups, pain or irritation.
For more information on Dermatology Advisor and Natural Remedies For Rosacea. Visit Today - http://www.dermatologyadvisor.com/displayProducts.asp?DisplayType=COND&Criteria=Rosacea
Health Articles1. Itchy Manhood? Use Shea Butter And Vitamin E
Author: John Dugan
2. Porcelain Veneers: What Are They And Why You Might Need Them
3. Dental Professionals – Do You Need To Have A Trusting Relationship
4. Why You Will Need Emergency Dental Care
5. Things To Remember When Choosing The Best Dental Professional For Your Loved Ones
6. The Things To Reflect On Before Selecting A Dental Professional That Can Meet All Your Requirements
7. Don't Fear The Dentist - Beating Your Dental Stress
8. Indications Of A Bad Dentist
9. Best Tips To Choosing A Family Dental Expert
10. Regular Dental Cleaning - Why It Is Necessary
11. Top Five Reasons To Truly Have Periodic Dental Cleaning Done
12. Get Emergency Medical Support By Panchmukhi Air Ambulance Service In Mumbai
Author: Dr Mukesh Kumar
13. Why You May Consider Dental Dentures
14. Great Guidance For Denture Users
15. Teeth Extraction And Why It Is Important