ALL >> Education >> View Article
Gamification Styles On Content Creation Sites
Total Articles: 38
Have you come across the term, gamification, before? Maybe you have and found you do not quite understand what it means. Put simply, it is a term used to have a person or group of person's complete tasks to gain a reward. More often, the more tasks one completes then more or larger rewards are gained.
One defining way of this is through computer games, when a player reaches a certain level with say, experience points, each defined level brings a reward. These rewards may be a new or an improved ability, a new skill, or newly added abilities, or improving a proficiency of an item (like a weapon) Gamification of a website or for shopping in a store, can also follow this process both online and offline for consumers as well. This reward system benefits customers for their participation in certain provided offers, reward schemes or specified purchases.
This concept, although to you the reader is possibly a new term, it's not quite new as a process. This process has also been and still is used on content creation sites like, Hubpages, Squidoo, eHow, Associated Content (now Yahoo Network), eZine, Inforbarrel & Wizzley to name a few. When one writes content, most sites will now allow you to post articles after your first 5 are published after review. Some sites present badges or accolades when you hit certain milestones, like if you reach 100 articles published, have 100 readers, or have 100,000 views on all your work (for that site). The benefits of gamification can be tangible or they can be a 'pat on the back' like accolades.
Some tangible benefits may include, doing some beta performance as requested from the owners of the company. For example I was part of a beta for doing video on HubPages (as were a few hundred others at the time) but was asked to not let the general public know until the beta was finished and video went live after an official announcement.
Some would ask why I would jump through hoops as requested by a website I use to create content. Well it is a case of having fun, and seeing if you can use a gamification of a site to have it match or exceed your own personal goals for using these sites. These sites also provide challenges and may provide ways for you to be challenged that you may not have been aware of or would like to participate in.
Gamification is about fun, it is also about achieving certain tasks to gain rewards, but that's also a little like life anyway.
Education Articles1. Industrial Safety Online Course
Author: Somiya khatun
2. Intensive Chinese Language Program Shanghai – Become The Master Of The Language
Author: Michel Kern
3. How Primavera Training Program Is Beneficial For Your Career Growth?
4. How Is The Future Of Ios Developer In Today's Technology?
5. Ibm Mdm Online Training
Author: ukumari VirtualNuggets
6. The Online Oracle Interview Questions Help In Your Interview Preparation
7. 10 Most Common Mistakes Every Beginner Java Programmer Makes
8. How Is Ms Ramaiah Institute Of Technology In Terms Of Placements, Ranking, Fees And Admissions?
9. Top Ways To Know How Digital Marketing Grow Your Business Online
Author: Vishal Varma
10. Best Techniques And Tactics For Sales And Marketing Coach
Author: Sanjay Burman
11. Sales And Marketing Strategy By Synture Group For Small Businesses
Author: Mrs. Manushree Soni
12. Best Education Channels In India – Enriching The Students Future
Author: Nitesh Sharma
13. Problems With Programs And The Law Of Attraction
Author: Shannon Panzo
14. Enrol Into An Ielts Coaching Class To Derive Meritorious Results In English
Author: Jackson Snowball
15. Get Familiarize With The Key Benefits Of Cbap Training Program