ALL >> Education >> View Article
Article Writing Tips - 5 Step Outline Example
Total Articles: 39
One of the easiest (and fastest) ways to write a quality article is to start with an outline or a template. I love using step-by-step articles and today I want to share with a 5 Step Template with you. Use it to build the outline of your article and then just sit down and write each of the five steps.
Let's break it down. The basic idea here is to write an informative article that explains how to do something in 5 steps. We'll also add a little introduction and a closing paragraph.
Introduction - Aim for about 50 words here. I like to tell my readers what I'll teach them to do in the article.
Step 1 through 5 - Explain each of the steps. You only need about 60 words for each step. That's just one short little paragraph with 3 or 4 sentences in it.
Closing - last but not least wrap it up with a 50 word closing that transitions nicely into your author resource box at the end.
If you add all this up, you'll find that you have a nice 400+ word article using this particular article writing template. Let's look at the rest of this article as an example. Consider everything up to this point a rather long introduction.
Step One - Decide On A Topic
Your first step will be to determine what your article will be about. It should be something related to the content you will be linking to in your author resource box. For example, if my goal is to get links and traffic to a blog about parenting toddlers, my article may be about potty training.
Step Two - Come Up With 5 Steps
Your next task will be to come up with the five steps that will make up the body of your article. Just break whatever information you are sharing down into five easy to follow steps. For the potty training example, those steps my include determining that the child is ready to potty train, getting a potty seat, asking the child to sit on the potty seat, rewarding him for peeing in the potty and eventually getting him to use the potty every time.
Step Three - Create A Resource Box
Once you have your topic and outline, it's time to come up with a good author resource box. Here your job is to convince readers of your article to click on one of your links to visit your own site. Keep the content related to your article and just ask them to visit your site. Take a look at the resource box a the end of this article as an example.
Step Four - Craft A Compelling Title
Next, come up with an interesting title for your article. Look at other article or even magazine cover headlines to get ideas for interesting and compelling titles.
Step Five - Write The Body Of Your Article
Last but not least it's time to fill in the blanks. Write a short introduction, a few sentences per step and a closing that transitions nicely into your resource box.
By using this template, you can quickly write a helpful article on just about any topic. Give it a try and see if it doesn't make writing articles and even blog posts much easier for you.
Education Articles1. Industrial Safety Online Course
Author: Somiya khatun
2. Intensive Chinese Language Program Shanghai – Become The Master Of The Language
Author: Michel Kern
3. How Primavera Training Program Is Beneficial For Your Career Growth?
4. How Is The Future Of Ios Developer In Today's Technology?
5. Ibm Mdm Online Training
Author: ukumari VirtualNuggets
6. The Online Oracle Interview Questions Help In Your Interview Preparation
7. 10 Most Common Mistakes Every Beginner Java Programmer Makes
8. How Is Ms Ramaiah Institute Of Technology In Terms Of Placements, Ranking, Fees And Admissions?
9. Top Ways To Know How Digital Marketing Grow Your Business Online
Author: Vishal Varma
10. Best Techniques And Tactics For Sales And Marketing Coach
Author: Sanjay Burman
11. Sales And Marketing Strategy By Synture Group For Small Businesses
Author: Mrs. Manushree Soni
12. Best Education Channels In India – Enriching The Students Future
Author: Nitesh Sharma
13. Problems With Programs And The Law Of Attraction
Author: Shannon Panzo
14. Enrol Into An Ielts Coaching Class To Derive Meritorious Results In English
Author: Jackson Snowball
15. Get Familiarize With The Key Benefits Of Cbap Training Program