ALL >> Education >> View Article
Hiring A Freelance Writer - Three Qualities To Look For
Total Articles: 38
I started freelancing when I decided that full-time work in the corporate world wasn't for me. That was over twenty years ago. Don't get me wrong - I loved the work, but as a creative person, I needed a schedule with more flexibility. That's when I decided to step outside the box and become a freelance writer. At the time, I assumed that the only skills I needed were an ability to write anything and everything my clients required - from articles and brochures to training manuals and corporate training videos.
Competition was fierce, and I quickly discovered that I had to set myself apart from other freelance writers - especially those who had been in the business for a long time. This meant I had to look into my skill set and see what unique traits I had that would make me stand out. In other words, I had to offer more than my ability to write clear, concise copy, an impressive list of clients, and an elegant portfolio. If I was going to have a steady flow of freelance work, I needed my Excalibur.
It was then that I sought the advice of a business coach who asked me to state the three traits that made me unique. It took some conversation to uncover these qualities, but passion, desire, and integrity have kept me working over the years when others have been less fortunate.
If you are in the market for a freelance writer to help you grow your business through strengthening your online presence, then look for someone who has the following skills.
1. A passion for work and for life.
People who are passionate about what they do will bring their enthusiasm to the table, be fun to work with, and energize your staff. People who have passion tend to be sincere in their efforts and bring out the best in others. These are people who you will want to work with again and again.
2. A desire to do their best.
Writers with a strong desire to do their best will work relentlessly to exceed your expectations. They'll go the extra mile just to prove their value and worth. They are only happy when you, the client, are happy. They are interested in creating a win-win relationship and look forward to receiving additional assignments from you.
3. Personal integrity.
People with integrity are honest. They'll tell you the truth about whether they can adhere to your schedule and meet your deadline. They will be forthright about expressing concerns about the project should there be any, show up when they are supposed to, and be truthful about their skills and what they bring to the project.
The next time you're in the market for a freelance writer, consider hiring someone who brings passion, desire, and integrity into the mix.
Education Articles1. Aims Institutes: Catering To The Educational Needs In Bangalore
Author: Shoeb Mannur
2. Why For Selenium Testing And What Mean For Selenium ?
4. Career Prospects Of A Proficient Mba Candidate
5. Sunday School Small Group Lessons And Activities
Author: parveen kumar
6. It Is Mandatory For You To Get Your License For Doing Your Real Estate
Author: Daniel Acosta
7. The Best Tool To Help You Clear The Clat Exam
Author: Reva Solanki
8. Helping Management Scholars With Their Phd Dissertations
Author: Gary Brill
9. Ways To Get A Healthy Voice By Changing Lifestyle
Author: David K's Music School
10. What Do Students Need To Learn About Dissertation Writing Services Before Hiring Them
Author: David Cyryl
11. Things To Look For While Selecting A School In Bhubaneswar For Your Child
Author: John Watson
12. Benefits Of Tax Accountant That May Change Your Perspective
Author: Austin Loader
13. Why Should To Learn Web Development
Author: Web development training in marathahalli.Gyanguide
14. Make Your Career In Largest Retail Industry World
Author: nisha mishra
15. Power Of Heart: How You Can Actually Decode It And Does It Serve For Better Purpose In Life?
Author: Gian Kumar