ALL >> Education >> View Article
Hiring A Freelance Writer - Three Qualities To Look For
Total Articles: 38
I started freelancing when I decided that full-time work in the corporate world wasn't for me. That was over twenty years ago. Don't get me wrong - I loved the work, but as a creative person, I needed a schedule with more flexibility. That's when I decided to step outside the box and become a freelance writer. At the time, I assumed that the only skills I needed were an ability to write anything and everything my clients required - from articles and brochures to training manuals and corporate training videos.
Competition was fierce, and I quickly discovered that I had to set myself apart from other freelance writers - especially those who had been in the business for a long time. This meant I had to look into my skill set and see what unique traits I had that would make me stand out. In other words, I had to offer more than my ability to write clear, concise copy, an impressive list of clients, and an elegant portfolio. If I was going to have a steady flow of freelance work, I needed my Excalibur.
It was then that I sought the advice of a business coach who asked me to state the three traits that made me unique. It took some conversation to uncover these qualities, but passion, desire, and integrity have kept me working over the years when others have been less fortunate.
If you are in the market for a freelance writer to help you grow your business through strengthening your online presence, then look for someone who has the following skills.
1. A passion for work and for life.
People who are passionate about what they do will bring their enthusiasm to the table, be fun to work with, and energize your staff. People who have passion tend to be sincere in their efforts and bring out the best in others. These are people who you will want to work with again and again.
2. A desire to do their best.
Writers with a strong desire to do their best will work relentlessly to exceed your expectations. They'll go the extra mile just to prove their value and worth. They are only happy when you, the client, are happy. They are interested in creating a win-win relationship and look forward to receiving additional assignments from you.
3. Personal integrity.
People with integrity are honest. They'll tell you the truth about whether they can adhere to your schedule and meet your deadline. They will be forthright about expressing concerns about the project should there be any, show up when they are supposed to, and be truthful about their skills and what they bring to the project.
The next time you're in the market for a freelance writer, consider hiring someone who brings passion, desire, and integrity into the mix.
Education Articles1. Selection Procedure Of Nda Exam
Author: Johny Gibbes
2. Study Abroad Consultants - Moving To Canada Made Easier For Students
Author: Ishita Trivedi
3. A Great Career From Six Sigma Green Belt
4. Develop Your Skills With The Help Of Instructor-free Self Learning Courses
Author: Multisoft Virtual Academy
5. An Overview Of Ibm Tivoli Storage Manager Along With Its Key Benefits
6. Coaching Class - 6 Ways To Excel At Coaching Class
Author: Arpita Classes
7. Why Overseas Education Consultants Became Necessary In Today’s Global Education Market?
Author: aanandita kumari
8. Top 6 It Security Certification Programs For Boost Your Career
9. 700-260 Study Guides
Author: rocky hughes
10. Search For Best B.tech University In India Ends At Dehradun
Author: Graphic Era
11. Final Choice Of Best Engineering College In Uttarakhand
Author: Paul Wright
12. Using Interface We Get The Multiple Interface In Java
13. Cbse To Introduce Book Lockers!
14. Industrial Training In Webtrackker Technology
15. Why The Best Engineering College In Dehradun Is The Perfect Solution For You
Author: Graphic Era