ALL >> Education >> View Article
Understanding Article Marketing - When Writing Hurts
Total Articles: 40
By some mischance I recently found myself watching TV for the first time in maybe 5 years.
And I swear I felt my brain cells actually dying in protest. I did, I felt myself getting stupider as I watched.
It wasn't that it wasn't intellectually stimulating -- I'm as much as fan of silliness as the next man -- but it was just so bloody inane, and completely failed to capture even the farthest flung and darkest recesses of my imagination.
It didn't engage me, in other words. It was just mindless crap being pumped into my brain through my eyes, lowering my IQ as it went.
And lack of engagement is the No.1 reason marketing -- any marketing, including your emails, blog-posts and article marketing -- bombs.
So it's no surprise the biggest challenge business owners are telling me they face with their writing is sitting down and being confident they have something engaging to say.
And because you struggle with this, it's "easier" to put the whole thing off until you have that gem of an idea to write about.
Two problems with that:
You'll be waiting a LONG time between pieces. Listen: your muses have better things to do than spoon-feed you daily ideas, word by painful word; and, in any event, you'll convince yourself nothing is quite right, because that's a great excuse to avoid putting finger to keyboard.
You'll never get any better at it. The only way to get good at writing is by being bad at writing and getting better.
Here's a little secret: some days I don't feel like writing. The thought of getting an email emailed, or a blog post posted or an article approved is a real weight on my shoulders.
Today is one of them. I'm tired, it's Sunday and I'd rather be beating my kids up.
But I know it takes me under 20 minutes, and the ROI is enormous.
So here I am.
Forcing myself to get started... and once I'm writing, these ol' fingers o' mine take matters into their own hands (so to speak), and here it is.
And you're reading it.
All it takes it getting the energy to start. And if have nothing to write about?
Then that's what you start writing about. Your fingers will soon find their own direction, and you can always go back and delete the first few paragraphs if you want to.
And if you have any sense you'll nodding along and thinking, "he has a point here, you know", because once you get into the swing of things, it's quick and easy to get all the interesting and engaging email, blog-post, and article marketing ideas you'll ever need and then how to sit down and crank the buggers out like clockwork.
Look... writing great content really does not have to be a struggle.
Education Articles1. Qtp Training
Author: SVR TECHNOLOGIES
2. Educating Your Children In The Right Process With An Effective Preschool Education
Author: Lyn Connolly
3. Oracle Fusion Financials Overview – All Need To Know!
4. Top 5 Advantages Of Distance Mba Learning
5. How To Choose The Best Computer Programming Training Course For You
6. Software Training Institutes In Bangalore
Author: first enquiry
7. Welcome To Bangladesh Medical College
Author: Jeson Roy
8. What Is Java And Why To Learn Java?
9. Why Should You Hire Us To Complete Your Online Assignments
Author: Mark Giaccone
10. Benefits Of Aws Certification
Author: Amit Novelvista
11. Digital Marketing Course Training Center In Hyderabad With Google Cert
Author: NIDM Hyderabad
12. Swift: A New Programming Language Developed By Apple
13. How To Stay Committed In An Online Course
Author: Tom Greenfield
14. Top 4 Reasons To Choose Data Science Training
15. Enhance The Possibility Of Reaching Wide Group Of Audience
Author: Mrs. Manushree Soni