ALL >> Education >> View Article
How To Write A Compelling Resource Box To Maximize Your Article Clicks
Total Articles: 34
Now let's turn our attention to the little part at the end of your article: The resource box.
Creating the Resource Box, Step 1
If you're creating content for third-party sites (like article directories), then you'll want to include a resource box. This goes by many names, such as "author's bio" or "byline" or even "author's box." Usually this is a few lines - perhaps two to five - where you get a chance to tell readers more about what you offer on your own website.
TIP: You may also use a resource box even if you're posting articles in your own newsletter or on your own blog. That's because it allows visitors and readers to copy your article - resource box and all - on their own blogs and websites. Indeed, you may even specifically encourage people to do exactly that.
Now, some of the names given to the resource box (like "author's bio" or even "byline") may lead you to believe that this space is reserved to talk about you. Indeed, that's exactly how many authors use it. You'll see resource boxes that look like this:
Joe Blow has 25 years experience in the health field. In his spare time he likes to travel, read and spend time with his family. Click here to learn more.
For starters, that sort of byline is boring. But here's the bigger issue: Your prospect doesn't care. And the call to action gives the reader no reason to click through to the author's site. None.
You see, your prospect doesn't care about you. That sounds harsh, but it's true. The fact that you have dog, that you like collecting sea shells or that you live in London means nothing to the prospect. Indeed, the only reason you should mention these sorts of things in your byline is if they somehow relate to the prospect.
Once again, your prospect is reading your byline (just as he read your article title and article body) with the "what's in it for me?" question floating in the back of his head. If your byline is oriented towards the readers, they're going to click on the back button and be on their way.
So what should you put in your byline?
Simple: Use it as a space to talk about your prospects, their problems and how you can help them solve their problems. In other words, use this space as a mini advertisement space.
Now before you start creating an ad, the first thing you need to do is understand your target market a little better. You do this by profiling your market.
First you need to talk to your market, perhaps even become a part of it. For example, if you're selling to people who restore classic cars, then start going to car shows and hanging out on restoration forums. This is the quickest and easiest way to get inside their heads.
Secondly, picture your perfect prospect. Then list everything you know about this prospect (based on your conversations with the market as well as your market research), such as:
• Where they live
• Hobbies/what they do in their free time
• What they spend their money on
• Hopes and desires
• What products/solutions they're currently buying.
• What they like about these solutions.
• What they don't like about these solutions.
... And anything else you can think of that will help you understand the market.
Now that you understand your market, you're in a better position to crawl inside their heads and create a byline that really speaks to them. And that's what you'll learn how to do next time!
Education Articles1. One Of The Best And Renowned Cbse School In Pcmc, Pune - Academic Heights Public School
Author: Academic Heights Public School
2. Best Selenium Training Institute In Marathahalli Bangalore
Author: Gyan Guide
3. Accelerate Your Stagnant Career With An Executive Mba
Author: Great Learning
4. Open Access Online Journal Helps Researchers To Provide Research Papers
Author: Dr. Pawan Verma
5. New Mobile App.- 1.9 Launched By Justdakhila For Those Parents Searching School For Their Children
6. Best Spoken English, Pte, Ielts, Toefl Classes In Kurukshetra Harayana
Author: British Institute
7. Improve Career Path With Sap Certification | Sap Simple Finance Training
Author: venkat reddy
8. What Is Digital Marketing? What Are The Modules In Digital Marketing Courses?
9. Take Admissions In One Of The Best Engineering College
Author: ponting brown
10. Ccna Training: A Way For Bright Future
11. Doing The Sunday School Activities Perfectly And Own The Peace
Author: Parveen Kumar
12. Sap C_terp10_67 – Business Process Integration Certification
Author: Jose White
13. Usage Of Selenium In Automated Testing
Author: Siyaram Ray
14. Sap Certified Technology Associate – C_hanatech_11 Edition 2016
Author: Jose White
15. Pmp Is A Rage Among Employers As Well. Enrol For Pmp Training In Hyderabad Right Away