ALL >> Education >> View Article
How To Write A Compelling Resource Box To Maximize Your Article Clicks
Total Articles: 34
Now let's turn our attention to the little part at the end of your article: The resource box.
Creating the Resource Box, Step 1
If you're creating content for third-party sites (like article directories), then you'll want to include a resource box. This goes by many names, such as "author's bio" or "byline" or even "author's box." Usually this is a few lines - perhaps two to five - where you get a chance to tell readers more about what you offer on your own website.
TIP: You may also use a resource box even if you're posting articles in your own newsletter or on your own blog. That's because it allows visitors and readers to copy your article - resource box and all - on their own blogs and websites. Indeed, you may even specifically encourage people to do exactly that.
Now, some of the names given to the resource box (like "author's bio" or even "byline") may lead you to believe that this space is reserved to talk about you. Indeed, that's exactly how many authors use it. You'll see resource boxes that look like this:
Joe Blow has 25 years experience in the health field. In his spare time he likes to travel, read and spend time with his family. Click here to learn more.
For starters, that sort of byline is boring. But here's the bigger issue: Your prospect doesn't care. And the call to action gives the reader no reason to click through to the author's site. None.
You see, your prospect doesn't care about you. That sounds harsh, but it's true. The fact that you have dog, that you like collecting sea shells or that you live in London means nothing to the prospect. Indeed, the only reason you should mention these sorts of things in your byline is if they somehow relate to the prospect.
Once again, your prospect is reading your byline (just as he read your article title and article body) with the "what's in it for me?" question floating in the back of his head. If your byline is oriented towards the readers, they're going to click on the back button and be on their way.
So what should you put in your byline?
Simple: Use it as a space to talk about your prospects, their problems and how you can help them solve their problems. In other words, use this space as a mini advertisement space.
Now before you start creating an ad, the first thing you need to do is understand your target market a little better. You do this by profiling your market.
First you need to talk to your market, perhaps even become a part of it. For example, if you're selling to people who restore classic cars, then start going to car shows and hanging out on restoration forums. This is the quickest and easiest way to get inside their heads.
Secondly, picture your perfect prospect. Then list everything you know about this prospect (based on your conversations with the market as well as your market research), such as:
• Where they live
• Hobbies/what they do in their free time
• What they spend their money on
• Hopes and desires
• What products/solutions they're currently buying.
• What they like about these solutions.
• What they don't like about these solutions.
... And anything else you can think of that will help you understand the market.
Now that you understand your market, you're in a better position to crawl inside their heads and create a byline that really speaks to them. And that's what you'll learn how to do next time!
Education Articles1. Aims Institutes: Catering To The Educational Needs In Bangalore
Author: Shoeb Mannur
2. Why For Selenium Testing And What Mean For Selenium ?
4. Career Prospects Of A Proficient Mba Candidate
5. Sunday School Small Group Lessons And Activities
Author: parveen kumar
6. It Is Mandatory For You To Get Your License For Doing Your Real Estate
Author: Daniel Acosta
7. The Best Tool To Help You Clear The Clat Exam
Author: Reva Solanki
8. Helping Management Scholars With Their Phd Dissertations
Author: Gary Brill
9. Ways To Get A Healthy Voice By Changing Lifestyle
Author: David K's Music School
10. What Do Students Need To Learn About Dissertation Writing Services Before Hiring Them
Author: David Cyryl
11. Things To Look For While Selecting A School In Bhubaneswar For Your Child
Author: John Watson
12. Benefits Of Tax Accountant That May Change Your Perspective
Author: Austin Loader
13. Why Should To Learn Web Development
Author: Web development training in marathahalli.Gyanguide
14. Make Your Career In Largest Retail Industry World
Author: nisha mishra
15. Power Of Heart: How You Can Actually Decode It And Does It Serve For Better Purpose In Life?
Author: Gian Kumar