ALL >> Health >> View Article
How To Take Care Of A Diabetic Person
Total Articles: 235
Diabetes is one the most common conditions and requires special care. The American Diabetes Association states that “25.8 million children and adults in the United States—8.3% of the population—have diabetes- Diagnosed: 18.8 million people, Undiagnosed: 7.0 million people, Prediabetes: 79 million people. New Cases: 1.9 million new cases of diabetes are diagnosed in people aged 20 years and older in 2010”. Doctors recommend that if proper care is taken then it can be controlled and it’s after effects could be minimized.
Care to be taken for diabetic condition
Follow the meal plan diligently. Your doctor will prepare a meal plan for them. It will be a combination of breads, cereals, rice, and grains; fruits and vegetables; meat and meat substitutes (Lean meat preferably); dairy products; and fats. Talk to your doctor and they can form a chart based on the food that your family likes and the diet plan could be prepared around that. Just make sure that they don’t dodge on sweets and opt for healthy foods that are good for heart & blood vessels.
Exercise regularly. Not only it will keep them fit, fresh but it will keep their weight in control. That is extremely important because diabetes and overweight or obesity doesn’t go hand in hand. Doctors ask their diabetes patient to keep a check on their weight because it will only worsen the condition.
Make them take their daily medication and insulin shots. If possible ask q few more people in the family to check with them. Emotional support and family interest in the condition of the patient can help them in dealing with diabetes. Ask the doctor to train the diabetes patient and two more people in the family for injecting insulin shots. Sometimes it becomes difficult for the patient to inject it in themselves.
Regularly check the glucose levels as recommended. Compact devices that are for checking the glucose levels are readily available in the market are pretty handy. Sitting at home one can keep a check. Maintain a chart which will record every day glucose levels, Blood Pressure (whenever checked). A chart in a handy book is beneficial for the patient.
Regular health check up is very important. Get it done for your current condition and a precautionary measure to check for others which can occur as an after effect of diabetes. Make them wear diabetic shoes as a prevention to protect both the feet from any deformity that is common to occur due todiabetes. If you're shy to wear diabetic shoes thinking that they're too bulky or ugly, there are trendy and elegant diabetic shoes that don't give away its definition as diabetic. In fact, no one will know you're wearing diabetic shoes.
The above ways are the guidelines for a diabetic patient which must be followed in a disciplined manner to control their condition.
Health Articles1. Male Organ Pain: Are Barrier Protections To Blame?
Author: John Dugan
2. Know About The Key Responsibilities Of A Healthcare Support Worker
Author: Paige Rees
3. Smilex - The Place For Getting The Best Solution For Dental Issues
Author: Mohan Kumar
4. The Easiest Guide Ever To Get Fit & Healthy
5. Span Sure Medical Instruments Pvt. Ltd., Korea Automatic Thermal Massage Bed - Suppliers
Author: spansure medical
6. Midwives Acquire Nursing And Midwifery Programs To Fulfill Big Responsibilities
7. Specialties And Steps Involved In Elective Abroad Medical And Pre Medical Programs
8. Clinically Proven Solutions For Hairloss!!! Unfortunately Less Known!!!
9. How To Treat Gum Disease?
Author: Chris Hugh
10. Ways To Find The Best Chiropody Clinic
Author: The Harley Medical Foot and Nail Laser Clinic Lond
11. How A Good Parent Helps A Childcare Western Sydney
Author: Colleen Grenville
12. Top 30 Signs And Symptoms Of Adrenal Fatigue
Author: Peter Dobie
13. Male Organ Pain After Oral Sensual Activity: Urethritis?
Author: John Dugan
14. The Growing Relevance Of Mobile Massage Services In Albuquerque
Author: Bernadette Gongora
15. Now Natural Cure For Diabetes Is In Your Fingertips
Author: Salveo Life Sciences Limited