ALL >> Health >> View Article
Ways To Quit Smoking
Total Articles: 143
There are a number of ways to quit smoking that you can use. However, not all options are entirely beneficial to you. There are both natural ways which employ the use of herbs. This method is more beneficial to you because it does not have any side effects. The other method is by use of prescription drugs. This method has side effects to your body due to the existence of chemicals in the drugs. These methods work differently depending on the person. It is therefore important that you choose a program or method that works best for you. Some of these methods include:
Ways to quit smoking
• Nicotine replacement therapy: this is one of the most recognizable quitting methods. This treatment includes the use of nicotine gums, nasal sprays and patches. However, this method has one shortcoming, it is also addictive. You should therefore be very careful that you do not become addicted to the nicotine substitutes.
• Herbal products: these are natural options to the nicotine replacement therapy that can help you to deal with the nicotine addiction. Some herbs behave in a similar manner to nicotine, whereby, they trick your nicotine receptors into thinking that you are getting a nicotine substance but it is not addictive. Other herbal substances help in relieving you from the symptoms of withdrawal that you are experiencing as a result of withdrawal from nicotine.
• Aversion therapy: this is a method whereby a victim self administers a mild electric shock from a normal 9volt battery as he/she smokes a cigarette.
• You should have your own quit smoking plan. Start by setting a quit date and work towards achieving this. Involve your friends and family by making them aware of you quest to quit smoking as they will offer you with moral support as well as encouragement.
• Know your motivation: whenever the urge to smoke comes, your brain will rationalize the situation and make you think that there is no harm in smoking. You should find out why you’re smoking before the urge comes. Always have good reasons for quitting. List them out and put them in a place where they will remain to be a constant reminder of the reason why you want to quit smoking.
• Join a forum: consider joining an online forum of quitting smokers. This may do a great deal in helping you to quit smoking. By joining a forum, you don’t feel as miserable as you would were you doing it alone. Get to know other people who are going through the same thing as you and see how others have dealt with the problem as well. They will also celebrate with you whenever you make some progress, this can be very motivating.
• Reward yourself: always reward yourself for any progress that you make. Make them good rewards that you will always look forward to.
• Delay: whenever you feel the urge to smoke, always try as much as possible to delay the smoke. Also do something that will distract your mind from the urge such as doing small exercises. Eating a snack or drinking water will also help in eliminating the urge to smoke.
Health Articles1. Natural Breast Enlargement: 6 Tips And Techniques For More Beautiful Breasts | Breast Enlargement T
Author: Dr Hashmi
2. Keeping Manhood Skin Healthy After Tattoos
Author: John Dugan
3. Exercises Can Help You Increase Your Breast Size Naturally | Breast Enlargement Treatment
Author: Dr Hashmi
4. Help Children Grow Happily Under The Guidance Of Preschool Liverpool
Author: Colleen Grenville
5. Safe And Fast Relief Of Menopause
Author: Joseph Mary
6. Feel Young With These 5 Anti-ageing Treatment
Author: Peter Dobie
7. Clear Aligners Are Perfect To Straighten Crooked Teeth
Author: Neil Bullement
8. What Is The Best Martial Art In Kelowna For Kids?
Author: Mark Jamon
9. Why It Is Suggested To Go For Depression Counseling Programs?
Author: Angelika Matthias
10. Top Assisted Living Facilities In Albuquerque
Author: vikram kumar
11. Kidney Diseases
12. What To Look For In Best Bodybuilding Gym In Dallas
13. What To Look For In A Neighborhood Gym
14. Top Quality Service From Neighborhood Gym
15. Important Considerations About Strength Training In Dallas