ALL >> Health >> View Article
Ways To Quit Smoking
Total Articles: 137
There are a number of ways to quit smoking that you can use. However, not all options are entirely beneficial to you. There are both natural ways which employ the use of herbs. This method is more beneficial to you because it does not have any side effects. The other method is by use of prescription drugs. This method has side effects to your body due to the existence of chemicals in the drugs. These methods work differently depending on the person. It is therefore important that you choose a program or method that works best for you. Some of these methods include:
Ways to quit smoking
• Nicotine replacement therapy: this is one of the most recognizable quitting methods. This treatment includes the use of nicotine gums, nasal sprays and patches. However, this method has one shortcoming, it is also addictive. You should therefore be very careful that you do not become addicted to the nicotine substitutes.
• Herbal products: these are natural options to the nicotine replacement therapy that can help you to deal with the nicotine addiction. Some herbs behave in a similar manner to nicotine, whereby, they trick your nicotine receptors into thinking that you are getting a nicotine substance but it is not addictive. Other herbal substances help in relieving you from the symptoms of withdrawal that you are experiencing as a result of withdrawal from nicotine.
• Aversion therapy: this is a method whereby a victim self administers a mild electric shock from a normal 9volt battery as he/she smokes a cigarette.
• You should have your own quit smoking plan. Start by setting a quit date and work towards achieving this. Involve your friends and family by making them aware of you quest to quit smoking as they will offer you with moral support as well as encouragement.
• Know your motivation: whenever the urge to smoke comes, your brain will rationalize the situation and make you think that there is no harm in smoking. You should find out why you’re smoking before the urge comes. Always have good reasons for quitting. List them out and put them in a place where they will remain to be a constant reminder of the reason why you want to quit smoking.
• Join a forum: consider joining an online forum of quitting smokers. This may do a great deal in helping you to quit smoking. By joining a forum, you don’t feel as miserable as you would were you doing it alone. Get to know other people who are going through the same thing as you and see how others have dealt with the problem as well. They will also celebrate with you whenever you make some progress, this can be very motivating.
• Reward yourself: always reward yourself for any progress that you make. Make them good rewards that you will always look forward to.
• Delay: whenever you feel the urge to smoke, always try as much as possible to delay the smoke. Also do something that will distract your mind from the urge such as doing small exercises. Eating a snack or drinking water will also help in eliminating the urge to smoke.
Health Articles1. All You Need To Know About Shirodhara
Author: Shriya Ayu Clinic
2. Medicare Reporting Challenges To Affect Independent Practices
3. Male Organ Health And Wellness: When It’s Time To Talk To A Urologist
Author: John Dugan
4. World Best Air Ambulance Service In Bagdogra With Md Doctors
Author: Dr Mukesh Kumar
5. Global Ventricular Assist Devices Market Trend
6. Key Reasons To See A Reputed Podiatrist To Cure Feet Problems
Author: Marion Yau
7. Be Fit And Healthy Through Regular Consumption Of Noni Products Of Salveo
8. Hacks To Stop Snoring
Author: Alex Bowmann
9. How Dr. Kewal Krishan Saved My Grandfather’s Life
Author: ponting brown
10. The Best Hospital For Cancer Treatment ; Balaji Action Cancer Hospital
Author: ponting brown
11. Turn Towards The Remedial Surgeries To Perk Up Your Beauty
Author: owen Thomson
12. 3 Easy Ways To Brand Your Next Medical Event
13. Why Should We Use Teeth Whitening Kits?
14. Tumescence Problems And The Too-hard Member: Understanding Priapism
Author: John Dugan
15. Things In Mind When Picking The Right Dentist
Author: Donnell Nash