ALL >> Family >> View Article
Does A Name Meaning Make A Man?
Total Articles: 7
“What’s in a name? That which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet”, said William Shakespeare. That is what many of us would think. But there are many people who give a lot of thought and follow a certain rules and customs before a name is decided upon for their new born child. They spend weeks and months going through lists of baby names for boys and girls before deciding on a name. The meaning of the name they choose is also given a lot of importance, the pronunciation of the same and the spelling are all given due consideration before a decision is made. Some people may argue that a name in no way will reflect on the person’s character or success, but there are others who think otherwise. Whatever it is, one thing to remember is that the name a child is given will be the one that he or she has to live with all his or her life.
On What Basis Are Children Named In India
Names in India depend on caste, religion, and even on the region the family comes from. Most people will have a first name, a surname and a family name. Children in some cultures are named after their grandparents or based on the star of their birth. The many books and sites that have lists of baby girl names that are Indian are plenty and modern parents go through those lists before they decide on the name. The present generation in India tries hard to balance both tradition as well as modern ideas in most aspects of their lives. So even when it comes to naming their children they try to follow that.
Every Name Has A Meaning
All Indian names like the English ones or the ones in other languages will mean something. The meanings of names for girls and boys can be easily found. Sometimes through sheer coincidence, you will find that the meaning of the name of a person will be apt for that person. A person named Rose may look as beautiful as a rose and that could just be a coincidence. There are names in every language, Chinese, Finnish, German, Greek, Dutch—every country will have their traditional names and names in their language. Since people have been moving around to live in different countries they too adopt names that they like, so an Indian could be called by a Greek name and so on.
Some Other Factors That Determine the Choice of A Name
The list of baby names is so long that sometimes we may find it difficult to choose one from the never ending list. The list of baby girl names and that of boys are many in each and every alphabet of the English language and each name can be spell differently based on numerology. If a person believes in numerology, then even their name will be spell so that it will add quality and value to their life.
Family Articles1. How To Spend A Day With Your Family At The Beach?
2. Using Benefits Of Humidifier For Babies
Author: Syed tutul
3. Avail Respite Care Sunshine Coast To Take A Break From Your Elderly Care
4. Simple Bits Of Advice On Assisted Living
Author: Nora Fatehi
5. The Aged Care Sunshine Coast Services Offer Quality Lifestyle For The Elderly
6. The 24 Hour Care Sunshine Coast Offer Best Home Care Programs For The Elderly
7. Hire Reliable And Capable Live In Caregiver Through A Professional Agency
8. Professional Agency For Nannies Or Caregivers: How They Can Help You
9. Advantages And Disadvantages Of Appointing A Live-in Caregiver
10. Baby Gears: Recommendations For Rookies
Author: Bob Smith
11. The Respite Care Sunshine Coast Allows Family Careers To Take A Break From Elderly Care
12. Tips To Care Your Newborn Babys
Author: ashutosh Ashu
13. Relationship Compatibility – Harmony Is So Very Important
Author: Rose Caiola
14. Shopping For Your Kitty? Avoid These Mistakes
Author: Emma B
15. Top 10 - Family Friendly Holidays In Slovenia
Author: Jacob Barry