ALL >> Health >> View Article
Who How And When To Do Blood Donation?
Total Articles: 1
Who can donate blood?
It is an honour to be able to donate blood as you play a part in saving someone’s life or improving their health condition. Donating blood is a great way to help a fellow human being. But there may be reasons wherein you will be denied of an opportunity to donate blood.
If you are aged between 18 and 60, you can donate blood, irrespective of your gender.
• Your body should not weigh less than 45 kg.
• Your haemoglobin level should be normal - that is, 12.5 gm/cent.
• Blood pressure must be under check. If you are not aware of your blood pressure, don’t worry. At the camps they quickly check whether the blood pressure is at the aceptable level.
• If you even have the slightest doubt that you are infected by Hepatitis, HIV, AIDS or any other venereal disease, you should not donate blood.
• If you have suffered from diarrhea, jaundice, malaria, dengue, donate blood after a gap of six months, only when you completely recover.
• If you have swollen glands, persistent coughs, transfused blood or have had a any major surgery or dental extraction, you need to take doctor’s advice before donating blood.
• If you have tattoos imprinted recently, or have used drugs like cocaine and ganja (drugs that are prohibited by Indian Law) doctors recommend you to take a gap of six months. This is because, if the needles / syringes used are not clean enough, you have the chances of contracting HIV which would be detected only after a few months.
• If you have been vaccinated for Cholera, Typhoid, Diptheria, Tetanus or plague or taken a Gamma Globulin shot within last 15 days, you should not donate blood.
• An interval of a year is recommended in case you have undergone a major or minor surgery, or you or your close relatives have suffered from typhoid, jaundice, chickangunya fever, rabies vaccine or hepatitis.
• If it has been five years since your recovery from cancer and have completed your treatment, then you can donate blood provided you show you are medically fit.
No person shall donate blood and no brood bank shall draw blood from a person, suffering from any of the diseases.
According to Central Drugs Standard Control Organization (India), a donor means a person who voluntarily donates blood after he has been declared fit after a medical examination, for donating blood, on fulfilling the criteria given hereinafter, without accepting in return any consideration in cash or kind from any source, but does not include a professional or a paid donor.
• BP apparatus
• Blood bags (single, double, triple, quadruple)/BLOOD BAG STRIPPER
• Donor questionnaire
• Weighing device for donors
• BLOOD COLLECTION MONITOR
• Artery forceps, scissors
• BLOOD BAG STRIPPER
• BLOOD DONATION CAMP COT/BLOOD DONOR COUCH
• Lancets, swab stick/tooth picks
• Glass slides
• Portable Hb meter/copper sulphate337
• Test tube (big) and 12x100mm (small)
• BLOOD BAG TUBE SEALER
• Anti-A, Anti-B and Anti-AB, Antisera and Anti-D
• Test tube sealer film
• Medicated adhesive tape
• Plastic waste basket
• Donor cards and refreshment for donors
• Emergency medical kit
• Insulated blood bag containers with provisions for storing between 2 degree centigrade to degree centigrade.
• Dielectric sealer or portable tube sealer
• Needle destroyer (wherever necessary)
For preserving blood for ling life we need following instrument
• BLOOD BANK REFRIGERATOR
• DEEP FREEZER (PLASMA STORAGE CABINET)
• PLATELET INCUBATOR WITH AGITATOR
• PLATELET AGITATOR
• PLASMA THAWING BATH
We are manufacturer of medical equipment Blood Bank Refrigerator Deep Freezer Plasma Storage Cabinet Blood Collection Monitor Blood Bag Tube Sealer mumbai india.It is an honour to be able to Donate blood as you play a part in saving someone’s life or improving their health condition..Blood Equipments supplier is giving best service
Health Articles1. Must Ask Questions When Meeting A Dentist
Author: Donnell Nash
2. Natural Skincare And Beauty Supplements For Healthy And Glowing Skin
Author: NAVEEN KHANDELWAL
3. What To Look For A Dentist?
Author: Donnell Nash
4. Can Bpas Damage A Healthy Member?
Author: John Dugan
5. Sticking To Healthy Habits With The Help Of Yoga
Author: Gary Martin
6. Raise Your Efforts With Weight Gainer Supplements
Author: Anabolic Nutrition
7. Signs To Look Out For If You Have A Prolapsed Uterus
Author: Kalptaru Herbal Therapy Centre
8. A Glass Of Milk A Day Keeps Doctor Away
Author: Namit Malgaonkar
9. The Hearing Aids Siemens Are Available In Best Quality And Price To Restore Your Hearing Ability
10. Superfood Supplements- For All Your Nutrition Needs
Author: Shashi Kant Shukla
11. Dental Hygiene Information You Won't Locate In Other Places
Author: Bob Smith
12. Getting Knee Pain Treatment At Parijatak
Author: Dr. Nitesh Khonde
13. Is Invisalign The Right Treatment For Adults?
Author: James Franklin
14. 1st Global Community Of Indian Clinicians - Docstop
Author: Vijay Lokhande
15. Hypothyroidism Rampant In India - Freedom Age
Author: Dr Kalpana Gupta Sekhawat