ALL >> Hardware-Software >> View Article
The Future Is Digital – And Not Just For Retro Football Magazines
Total Articles: 44
An article posted at the beginning of the month reported on an interesting, if rather novel, way of introducing a magazine’s readership to online perusing.
The Leeds publisher, media73 Ltd, produced a half-print, half-digital magazine. Once readers reached the back page of Sixty6 they were given instructions to go to the magazine website to read the rest of the edition, with the publishing aim of having future issues of the retro football publication totally digital.
According to the Bdaily Business News article, Sixty6 editor in chief, Mal Robinson, said, “We decided the best way to entice the reader online is to offer them a slice of traditional media to send the message about the future, which is digital."
We talk a lot about the benefits of moving from a paper-based system. By removing paper and manual processing from business operations organisations can reduce costs, improve efficiency and enhance business control, while automated systems can also help achieve legal compliance.
This month AIIM (Association for Information and Image Management) included the following statements in the introduction to their research report Winning the Paper Wars: “Fighting the paper invasion is a constant battle for any organization... Almost all business improvement initiatives can be augmented by a paper-free project.”
A key finding of AIIM’s research is that, on average, organisations anticipate that moving to paper-free processing will lead to an improvement in processing staff productivity of 29.7 percent – and this figure increases to a 35.4 percent greater productivity prediction among organisations with experience of running paper-free systems.
The finance processing mentors PayStream Advisors have released a preview of their Invoice and Workflow Automation Benchmark Report 2013 detailing the results of a survey looking at the views of AP (Accounts Payable) professionals. Their second main point highlights:
• The majority of invoices received in paper format remain the number one challenge in the invoice management process – 50 percent. Manual data entry and inefficient processes ranked second with 37 percent.
In addition to the advantages and benefits of moving from a paper-based to an automated system asoutlined above, organisations regularly report a return on investment of 6 to 12 months when implementing an invoice management system.
The same Winning the Paper Wars report from AIIM also puts the Accounts Payable (AP) department among the top three business areas organisations want to move to paper-free – although that is often only the start of the change to automation. With a modular document management solution, organisations can automate processing within specific departments or across a whole business, investing in modules as and when they’re needed.
A major recommendation of the AIIM report is that, “To fight the paper wars, managers need to take the up-front decision that paper-free is the way to go, and mould that into key business initiatives and process re-design.”
So here’s to the digital future!
And I’d love to know how media73’s half-and-half idea worked out and whether their Sixty6 readers came to the back page and dutifully reached for their PCs, laptops or smartphone to read the rest of the issue – although I guess the approach is not that much different to that of serialising a story, just requiring turning to another medium rather than the next edition – and if that was good enough for Dickens...
Hardware/Software Articles1. How To Recover Deleted Data From Removable Media Using Usb Media Data Recovery Software
2. Buy Microsoft Office – Go For Software
Author: ponting brown
3. How To Recover Deleted Data From Usb Drives Using Pen Drive Data Recovery Software
4. Quick Mobile Phone Glass Repair Sheffield – Motorola Repairer
5. Data Recovery From Memory Card: How To Recover Deleted Data From Different Types Of Memory Cards
6. How Can Usb Drives Be Used?
Author: express custom usb
7. Quick Mobile Phone Glass Repair Manchester – Motorola Repairer
8. Micro To Macro Vision With Multiple Cctvs
Author: Vivency Global
9. Best Blackberry Service Centre Uk – Blackberry Repairer
10. Digital Picture Recovery: How To Recover Lost Photos From Different Types Of Data Storage Media
11. Laptop Screen Repair Liverpool With 1-year Warranty – Lenovo Repairer
12. Quick Mobile Phone Glass Repair Uk – Motorolarepairer.co.uk
13. Company Releases Digital Camera Data Recovery Software To Retrieve Lost Photos And Videos
14. Quick Mobile Phone Screen Repairs Leeds – Blackberry Repairer
15. 5 Key Benefits Of Test Automation For Enterprises
Author: Michael Wade