ALL >> Legal >> View Article
Are You In An Abusive Relationship
Total Articles: 43
To say the least, not every household is filled with smiles and laughter. Unfortunate as it may sound, there are families who experience domestic violence. And yet, despite the corresponding punishments the law has provided for those who continuously and shamelessly abuse and the protection it gives to everyone of all ages and races, many people remain gagged – not necessarily because of ignorance, but because of one simple word called denial. It is, indeed, difficult to give a relationship a label especially if it is something unconstructive. But if you feel like something’s not right anymore, ask yourself some questions and evaluate your current state very carefully. Will you let it be? Or will you immediately seek help from a family lawyer?
First of all, you must see or feel some signs that you are indeed trapped in an abusive relationship. Are you fearful about your partner? Does your partner’s presence make you feel uneasy? Do you feel a lot better when he or she is not around? If you answered all the questions with a reverberating yes, then there surely is something wrong with the relationship amongst yourselves. Question the existence of fear. Why it is there? And how strong is it? Marriage supposedly provides a feeling of security. It is your responsibility to look for it – if not for the relationship, at least for yourself. A family lawyer can enlighten you with this.
Physical abuse is just one of the many manifestations of being in an abusive relationship. However, in most cases, abuse starts with the mind through mental torture. It is not easily spotted because of unapparent manifestations. Instead, it gradually creeps into your system, you’ll hardly notice. An abuser’s greatest objective is to be of dominance in the relationship and that he or she can successfully do by telling you negative things about yourself in the hope of pulling your spirit down and stealing your self-worth away from you. You’ll start to hate yourself. You’ll lose your value as a person. Now, before that completely happens, make sure you are already discussing about possible actions with your family lawyer.
One of the reasons why many domestically abused people remain in a repulsive state is the constant feeding of the abuser to one’s strengthening feeling of being helpless. The more you show them your weakness, the more they feel powerful about themselves. It only pushes them to continue the emotional, psychological or physical abuse they have been doing to you. If you want this to stop, find the strength to stand up for your rights. The first step you can do is to find yourself a good family lawyer who can help you fight against domestic violence. No one ever deserves to be treated as lowly creature. Just so you know, there are a lot of people out there who can help you in your situation. You just have to find the courage to take action once again and to reach out to the right people.
Tina Jones is a resident of Maryland. Know more about family lawyer Maryland here.
Legal Articles1. How To Find Best Dui Lawyer In New Jersey
Author: Michael Curtis Greenberg
2. Legal Agreement Template
3. Bail Bonds Services Might Help Create A Stressful Time Easier
4. Answering The Question About The Working Of Immigration Lawyer
Author: Kri Law
5. All You Need To Know About The Truck Accidents Attorney
Author: Bkr Law
6. Why To Sought The Assistance Of Truck Accident Lawyer?
Author: Sgro Law
7. Is Hiring A Personal Injury Attorney/lawyer Really Necessary?
Author: MICHAEL T. FRIEDMAN
8. Be Served For The Better In Hiring Car Accident Attorney/lawyer
Author: JON ALAN LAFFERTY
9. Tips On How To Settle Your Slip And Fall Claim
10. Three Things To Look For In A Spinal Cord Injury Attorney
Author: Marcus McGowan
11. How Oklahoma Business Lawyers Can Help You With Gun Trust Law
12. Arizona's Dog Bite Laws And How To Protect Yourself
13. Wrongful Death Attorney - How To File A Wrongful Death Claim
14. 7 Reasons Why Feizy Law Firm Has Got The Best Injury Attorney For Compensation In Dallas
Author: Nick Feizy
15. Labour- Hire Arrangements. Who Is The True Employer Of Labour-hire Workers – From The Perspective Of
Author: Nicholas Marouchak