ALL >> General >> View Article
Job Interview Tips - 5 Things To Do Before The Job Interview
Total Articles: 5
Job interviews can make you anxious! Following these 5 essential job interview tips the day before the interview will increase both your confidence and your chances of success. Directions, Map, Contacts Prepare the day before to make sure you get to your interview on time. Find out exactly where you have to go and who you must ask for once you are there. Get good directions, look on the map and make sure you know the best route. Work out how long it will take you, allow for traffic and parking time. Have the full name and position of the person you will be seeing and a contact number in case you need to call. Put all this information into an interview folder to take with you.
Prepare your Portfolio
Before getting tips for good interview is to get all your documentation together the day before. Make a couple of copies of your resume and a list of your references including name, position and contact numbers. Include copies of any written references you want to give the interviewer. You may want to include work samples that are relevant to the position. Put all these into a neat, simple portfolio to give to the interviewer. Have a notebook and pen ready to jot down details during the interview.
Review your Resume
Go through your resume the day before to re-familiarize yourself with the information the interviewer has about you. Be aware of any red flags such as gaps in employment that you will need to address during the interview. Highlight these and prepare answers to any questions that may arise.
Practice your Answers and Questions
A couple of days before the interview you will have prepared answers to common job interview questions such as "What are your strengths?", "Why are you the right candidate for this job?", "Tell me about yourself?". Go through these answers and practice saying them out loud. You also should have prepared about five appropriate questions to ask the interviewer about the job, the company and the management, such as, "Please describe the company's management style and the sort of employee who fits in well with it?" Go through these questions, feel confident about asking them, and include them in your interview folder.
Dress for Success
Find out the expected dress code for the job interview. You can call the company and speak to Human Resources or even Reception. It is usually advisable to dress more formally for the interview than the actual position requires- this shows respect for the interview process and that you are making an extra effort. Select the appropriate clothes the day before and make sure they are clean and pressed and do not require any attention. Shoes should be polished. Decide on any accessories you want to wear. Lay your interview clothes out ready for the next day. Try them on to make sure you feel comfortable in them. This saves rushing around just before the interview and getting into a spin!
General Articles1. Financial System Report India 2017
Author: Ask Bank IFSC Code
2. Wedding Photography Packages To Fit Well In Your Budget
Author: Manish Vishwakarma
3. What Is The Crucial Reason Of Magnesium Oxide Industrial Development?
Author: hu Allen
4. Looking For A Bunch Of Thrilling Manali Travel Packege Activities Then, Go For Any Type Of Dare You
Author: himachal traveldeal
5. Some Of The Most Awkward Moments You May Experience When Dating On Online Dating Mobile App
Author: Richa verma
6. Best Voip Solution With Speedy Internet
Author: sachin kumar
7. Major Components Of Air Conditioning System And Their Function
Author: Satendra Kumar
8. Find The Best Voip Soft Switch Providers To Get Returns In Business
Author: sachin kumar
9. Get Professional Aso Services And App Store Seo Guides At Tapaso
Author: Richelle Guo
10. Sofeeya Escorts - Top Escort Experience
Author: Sofeeya Escorts - Top Escort Experience
11. Dass Ihre Erste Familie Geld Für Frivolitäten Wie Kleidung Ausgibt
12. The Benefits Of Organic Food
Author: Brian Miller
13. Usefulness Of Social Media For Business Branding And Marketing
Author: JDM Web Technologies is Fastest Growing Company
14. Enrolled For Pmp Certification In Mumbai? It’s Time To Educate You For A Pmp Electronic Exam
15. Making Best Use Of E-waste
Author: Bala P