ALL >> Education >> View Article
Online Education (master Of Arts In Science Teaching)
Total Articles: 215
For those who teach, lecture or organise science provision in educational settings. this dynamic programme is constantly redesigned in line with changing ideas and practice. taught from one of the leading research institutions in science education, it offers students excellent opportunities in a supportive environment.
• Opportunities to explore and discuss current science education research.
• Consider education within differing contexts.
• Develop relevant research knowledge and skills.
This programme offers you the opportunity to …
• develop international perspectives on science learning and teaching
• consider the political and cultural processes behind science education policies and initiatives
• evaluate evidence-based research in science education
• apply current research in science education in your post-MA work.
We enhance your professional development through providing ...
• a professionally relevant and engaging curriculum
• teaching by recognised experts in their field
• supportive and collaborative learning opportunities
• access to world class library and online resources
• expert training in research methods.
• MA Science Education will give you an in-depth understanding of the policies, practices and research at the forefront of science education in both domestic and international contexts.
• Our programme will expand your critical awareness of what 'learning science' means. You will investigate a range of state-of-the-art views on learning science -- including cognitive, social and situated perspectives -- and consider how you can implement such ideas in a real classroom.
• You will analyse how children’s scientific thinking and understanding develops, allowing you to optimise the way you teach and plan science lessons and assess learning outcomes.
• You will consider what makes an effective science teacher, and assess ways to support and research teacher development.
• Our programme also offers you the opportunity to evaluate curriculum and assessment policies, review major international evaluations of science education, and discuss relevant research methodologies for monitoring and evaluating science teaching and learning.
• You will examine the basic rationale for science in formal education and the role of scientific literacy in citizenship, while reviewing the cultural debates that surround science learning and the role of science education.
• This programme is particularly suitable for international students, and attracts students from countries such as Bangladesh, Brunei, Cyprus, the Gambia, Greece, Oman, Turkey, Saudi Arabia and Singapore.
• MA Science Education is a one year full-time, or two year part-time, programme for professionals working at all levels in the field of science education, including teachers, teacher-educators, advisors, curriculum specialists and inspectors in everyday practice in schools.
The Master of Arts in Teaching (MAT) or Master of Science in Teaching (MST) degree is generally a pre-service degree that usually requires a minimum of 30 semester hours beyond the Bachelor's degree. While the program often requires education classes in order to meet state licensure requirements, it emphasizes advanced coursework in a specific academic discipline to enhance one's knowledge in that subject area. Furthermore, it focuses on educating the candidate in practical teaching skills for use as a teacher, as opposed to focusing on performing research in the educational field.
Candidates usually spend a semester as a full time student teacher in order to earn the degree. There are two general models that (MAT) degrees follow: a 5th year model in which students spend one year extra beyond their bachelor’s degree to earn a masters degree and an initial teaching license; and a Flex program which usually offers part-time weekend and evening courses to accommodate professionals who are changing careers.
The Master’s of Arts in Teaching degree is often advantageous to middle school and secondary school teachers because it allows them to focus on subject area knowledge in their undergraduate program and then acquire pedagogical skills in their graduate studies. It differs from the Masters in Education (MEd) degree which is usually geared toward practicing teachers, or toward those who desire to serve as counselors (school or otherwise) or as educational administrators.
Education and learning is the most essential investment decision in every person's life, a solid educational qualification would lead your career to greatest accomplishment in your career field. That is why education field rapidly growing and creating a large variety of job opportunities for all those individuals who are interested to start their career in teaching world. Teaching degree online programs has developed into a substitute option to gain a certification in teaching for individuals who have fixed their career goal as teachers.
If you are considering to start your teaching career in primary, middle or high school a bachelors in teaching degree is enough to meet your career goal. But if you have got an advanced degree in education such as a master’s degree, you would be certified for additional training roles with a more lucrative salary. Even so, many educating professionals started with primary education and then endeavored to superior degree later in their professional journey.
A degree program in online teaching provides a versatile and hassle-free study atmosphere for you to acquire your education degree from any position in the entire world that provides an internet network. Web-based teaching degree courses permit their pupils to show up at the online classes at their own timetable. Therefore, you can conveniently prepare your studying schedule to suit your ideal time which doesn't clash with your working hours or when you are with family members.
The benefits of overall flexibility and ease of getting your teaching courses on the internet from any position offers a great choice for working people who want to switch their career to teaching field through online education degree program. In addition to this, it also offers a choice for present professors to advance their qualification, improve and tweak their degree and take their profession to next level.
If you have managed to graduate from school with bachelor’s degree rather than teaching major and desire to changeover your career to teaching community, then you should think about enrolling into an teaching certification program online. The teaching program readies you with the simple requirements for you to make a career switch and get career started as a teacher.
You May Qualify For Financial Aid.
Education Articles1. Non-native Speakers Can Also Find English Teaching Jobs In Thailand
Author: Stuart Spindlow
2. Key Tactics The Pros Use For Chartered Accountants In Rockdale
Author: Austin Loader
3. Know Why Private Tuition Is Pretty Helpful For Children
Author: Hayden Bowden
4. Professional Tips To Play Guitar Better
Author: ALMADEN SCHOOL
5. Introduction Of Bootstrap3 Tutorials:
Author: Learn web designing course in Bangalore.Infocampus
6. Short Term Courses At Deshbandhu College
Author: Shreyansh Shrivastava
7. Exploring The Features And Benefits Of Autocad
Author: Rahul Tripathi
8. Sap Successfactors - All You Need To Know
Author: tyrion william
9. Apply Apsc Recruitment 2017–18 For Post Of 393 Ae/ Lecturer/ Inspector
Author: Recruitment Result
10. Open The Door Of Opportunities By Clearing The Rhcsa Certification Exam
Author: multisoft virtual Academy
11. Digital Marketing Institutes In Hyderabad
Author: Mounika thumula
12. Learn Quran Online
Author: Paul Wright
13. Learn Holy Quran Online
Author: Paul Wright
14. Get Going With A Graphic Designing Course
Author: WLCI Graphic Design College
15. Significance Of Reliable Online Trading System
Author: Henry James