ALL >> Education >> View Article
Online Education (bachelor Of Science Nursing Programs)
Total Articles: 215
The health care system is always changing, as are the needs of its diverse clients. With cutting-edge curriculum and facilities, the Bachelor of Science and Nursing program provides the knowledge and skills you need to become a caring and effective practitioner. Prepare yourself for a rewarding career in health care.
· Nurses are more in demand than ever before. Excellent career opportunities!
· Learn in state-of-the-art facilities in the Health Sciences Centre
· Gain valuable real-world experience in clinical placements
The baccalaureate program offers courses that prepare the student to become a professional nurse. Three distinct categories of students are eligible for admission: The "basic/trimester student" who enters the University without having completed a first level nursing program, the "registered nurse student," who having completed a course of study at the first level, desires further study to expand her or his nursing capabilities to the BSN professional level and the Entry Level MSN student, who having completed a baccalaureate degree in another field, chooses to obtain both a BSN and MSN degree in a period of 36 months.
Though each category of student enters at different levels, the terminal objectives of the nursing program are the same for all groups. The "basic student" and the Entry Level BSN/MSN student upon completion of specific courses are eligible to take the examination for licensure to practice as a registered nurse. All graduates are recommended for certification as a public health nurse in the State of California. The program is accredited by the California State Board of Registered Nursing, and the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education .
The purpose of the bachelor of science program in nursing is to prepare graduates to function as professional nurses in a variety of settings. Graduates are expected to have acquired foundations for continuing professional development.
The curriculum is formulated to help the student develop understanding of self and others, stimulate intellectual curiosity and to develop an ability to work with colleagues to identify and resolve the health problems of individuals and families in a changing society. The professional nurse, while able to assess and intervene where health deviations exist, is committed to the role of maintaining health and preventing illness in self and others.
BSN Graduate Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of the Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing (BSN), the graduate will have the following competencies:
1. Integrate knowledge, skills and values from the liberal arts, sciences, humanities and nursing theories to provide holistic, competent and safe care; and to serve as advocates for individuals, families, communities within a multicultural society; and to promote social justice by demonstrating an ability to:
2. Accurately assess, diagnose, plan, intervene and evaluate evidence-based, ethical nursing practice, in caring for individuals, families, communities and populations from diverse backgrounds, across the life-span and in continuum of health care environments; integrate and apply knowledge related to wellness, health promotion, acute and chronic illnesses, disease management, end-of-life care management; incorporate current and future psychomotor and technical skills into other nursing responsibilities and apply them in diverse context of health care delivery; and conduct self in a professional manner.
3. Use effective organizational and systems leadership skills, quality improvement skills, patient and safety measures and communication skills with all members of the health care team to improve patient care outcomes.
4. Implement scholarship for evidence based practice by identifying practice issues, appraisal and integration of evidence and evaluation of outcomes.
5. Use information management and patient care technology to support nursing and delivery of patient centered care.
6. Articulate the broader context of health care delivery, including how patient care services are organized, financed and how reimbursement is structured; how regulatory agencies determine the scope of nursing practice; how health policies are developed and changed; how that process can be influenced through efforts of nurses, other health professionals and advocacy groups; and the advocacy role of the nurse for the vulnerable populations with the goal of promoting social justice.
7. Develop collaborative relationships with other members of the healthcare team by working dependently, independently and interdependently to deliver evidence-based patient-centered care to individuals, families, and communities.
8. Provide health promotion, disease and injury prevention across the life span, including helping individuals, families, groups , communities, and populations to prepare for and minimize adverse health-related consequences of emergencies, and mass casualty disasters.
There are about three key choices to pick out from when looking for an training in nursing. This will be a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN), Associate Degree in Nursing (ADN), and a Master's Degree in Nursing: Associate Degree in Nursing (ADN) -
The ADN program- This program prepares graduate students to sit for the National Council of Licensing Examination for Registered Nurses (NCLEX). Those who successfully pass the NCLEX are entitled to submit an application for license to practice as an authorized nurse in any of the 50 U.S. states. A lot of universities also provide this course as a quicker degree in order that you can proceed on to the next stage of qualification earlier.
Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing (BSN) - To be eligible for a Bachelor's degree in Nursing, students need to have a valid Authorized Nurse permit. Bachelor degrees targets to educate RNs in the growing field of health-related career and broadening their education. With a graduate degree in Nursing, you will be geared up to apply for private practices, employment roles in hospitals, patient care facilities and community health care centers.
Master of Science Degree in Nursing(MSN) - If you want to proceed to the more challenging and demanding opportunities in the medical care field, a Masters degree in Nursing will help. Most Master's degrees are designed to polish skills and educate nurses in specific career fields and sophisticated concepts. Administration, Management and leadership jobs are attainable after finishing with a Masters degree. As technology evolves and universities face volume shortages in regard to the demand for nursing programs, many schools and educational institutions provide their nursing degree programs online and on-campus as well.
There are a number of benefits of nursing programs online: You can learn according to your own timetable whenever you like and anywhere. The price of online nursing degree programs is generally less costly than traditional on-campus courses. A lot of online degrees are also offered with accelerated choices that enable you to move on much ahead of schedule.
It doesn't matter where you are situated, with an internet system you have access to great knowledge features and staff anywhere in the nation. Online degree courses offer conversations, discussion boards, video lessons and even one-on-one guide that are similar to the experience of a typical degree course. If you are selecting an on the internet medical system, you have to make sure that the higher education you choose is accepted.
All online nursing school degree courses, whether Associates, Bachelor's or PhD degrees, have to be recognized by the state in which they function otherwise your degree course will have no worth in the long run, so be careful and examine the course and the college diligently. As soon as you have finished your education, you can look ahead to a variety of profession possibilities. If you have a Bachelors degree, then opportunities of development and progression are higher as well. You can afterwards shift into research, guidance and consulting, training, or even expertise.
You May Qualify For Financial Aid.
Education Articles1. Aims Institutes: Catering To The Educational Needs In Bangalore
Author: Shoeb Mannur
2. Why For Selenium Testing And What Mean For Selenium ?
4. Career Prospects Of A Proficient Mba Candidate
5. Sunday School Small Group Lessons And Activities
Author: parveen kumar
6. It Is Mandatory For You To Get Your License For Doing Your Real Estate
Author: Daniel Acosta
7. The Best Tool To Help You Clear The Clat Exam
Author: Reva Solanki
8. Helping Management Scholars With Their Phd Dissertations
Author: Gary Brill
9. Ways To Get A Healthy Voice By Changing Lifestyle
Author: David K's Music School
10. What Do Students Need To Learn About Dissertation Writing Services Before Hiring Them
Author: David Cyryl
11. Things To Look For While Selecting A School In Bhubaneswar For Your Child
Author: John Watson
12. Benefits Of Tax Accountant That May Change Your Perspective
Author: Austin Loader
13. Why Should To Learn Web Development
Author: Web development training in marathahalli.Gyanguide
14. Make Your Career In Largest Retail Industry World
Author: nisha mishra
15. Power Of Heart: How You Can Actually Decode It And Does It Serve For Better Purpose In Life?
Author: Gian Kumar