ALL >> Education >> View Article
4 Steps To Breaking Down Article Writing Mental Block
Total Articles: 37
Article writing was a real mental block for me. Heck, writing a letter to a relative seemed more like a dreaded chore more than something to enjoy.
How could I sit down long enough and let my mind search for the proper words and style to engage my readers long enough to finish reading my article, let alone want to follow my link onto more knowledge filled writings on my website.
Week after week would pass as my website would sit idle waiting for the hoards of visitors that were enjoying other sites on the web oblivious to mine.
Why not my site? My website had good content, it looked stylist and was user friendly. But still no visitor traffic.
I know many website owners use paid traffic but I couldn't afford another penny until I had some money coming in.
Everything was ready to go... Everything but Me!
I don't want to write an article!
My mind would not let me = "Mental Block"
Here is what I did to break that mental block preventing me from writing articles for article submissions to promote my website.
1. I read my own website thoroughly.
I needed to refresh my memory on what I was offering to my visitors.
I had good content with engaging articles and information that would be helpful to my readers as well as links to other sites around the web pertaining to this niche.
2. I did my research.
I went to several article submission sites such as EzineArticles and searched on the subject of Article Writing and read many of the articles.
Each article seemed different from the others while still helping the reader with the same goal of learning to write articles for promoting their own niche website.
I was now beginning to see how I could choose particular points of interest from my own website and elaborate a bit and form a short article on that particular point. Kind of like writing a letter to myself on what I thought about this topic; maybe even add some pointers for me to keep in mind when I thought about the subject.
"Slowly breaking down my mental block"
3. I got out the paper and pen...
As I wrote, the words just seemed to flow from my mind, down my arm, out my pen and onto the paper.
"the mental block was crumbling"
In fact, I was surprised when I counted the number of words I had already written. Well over 400 and I was still writing my rough copy.
I now knew I could write my own unique articles for article submission sites to promote my website.
However, I did feel these articles I was now writing needed a bit more tweaking to be the quality my readers deserved so I took one more step to complete this process.
4. I developed an outline of steps I would take and rules I would follow so that I would be consistent in the quality my article would offer to its readers.
I had searched though many informative articles on the subject of article writing and made my own outline or mini course if you will to follow. I would read it each day before I would start writing on a subject and it seemed to keep me focused.
After a few weeks and writing several articles, my mental block was completely gone. I no longer had to check my outline before each attempt at writing as I was confident in my abilities to write a quality article all by myself and enjoy doing so as well.
"Mental Block Gone"
It really does help to do a little research before you start any new endeavor. And my mental block on writing articles for my website was no exception.
Education Articles1. 412-79v9 Exam
Author: Jimmy Jacobson
2. Understand The Importance Of Cbap® Training Program
3. Distance-learning, On-campus And Regular With Placement Courses
4. How To Bring About Classroom Software Control Within Purview Of Language Labs
Author: Carol Fleming
5. Trust Calculations
6. Step By Step Instructions To Succeed With Selenium: Open Source Test Automation Tool
Author: Siyaram Ray
7. New Data Structures In Java
Author: siyaram ray
8. Apply For An Online Help For Nursing And Engineering Project
Author: Mely Jess
9. Tibco Bw | Bw Development Training
Author: Vasu Buddi
10. Tibco Businessworks Development | Businessworks Development Training
Author: Vasu Buddi
11. How Distance Mba Can Help You Become A Better Manager?
Author: Jitendra D
12. Motivational Speech By Shiv Khera
Author: Shiv Khera
13. Raja A
Author: MBA ADMISSIONS IN INDIA
14. Improve Your Knowledge And Skill With This Mobile Repairing Course In Patna, Bihar
Author: Hi Tech Institute patna
15. Basic Ways To Obtain Excellent Backlinks That Genuinely Enhance Your Traffic
Author: Rohit Sharma