ALL >> Business >> View Article
Scott Carson Of Medone Is Transforming An Industry
Total Articles: 1
Scott Carson, president of U.S .Medical, Inc., was accepted into the Micro Enterprise Hall of Fame in March 2000. This honor, developed by Fred DeLuca, the co-founder of SUBWAY? Restaurants, honors entrepreneurs who started their successful businesses with less than $10,000 and have a full-time staff of more than 10 people or assets of more than $1 million. The Micro Enterprise Hall of Fame was created to raise awareness of the microcredit movement and to honor business leaders who have reached an extraordinary level of success from humble beginnings.
Scott Carson as well as his business partner Doug Roesener began U.S. Medical, Inc. in 1996. The medical equipment resale company fast outgrew its humble beginnings in a home basement. Inside its first six months and with only five employees, You Medical, Inc. went from having no appreciable capitalization to topping $1 million in sales.
U.S. Medical sells everything from MRI machines to cotton balls, but its primary focus is marketing and leasing medical equipment. Sales are split evenly between new and utilized equipment.
?Our strategy is to first own the used marketplace then grow our brand new equipment business,? Carson mentioned.
Not just does U.S. Medical offer a choice between new and used equipment however customers have the choice to purchase equipment online or perhaps through traditional channels.
U.S. Medical is a pioneer in marketing capital medical equipment online and Carson attributes a lot of the company?s success to Doug Roesener, his vice president of technology.
U.S. Medical has been profitable every year since its inception.
It is 70 percent employee-owned with every one of its 70 employees having a share of the company. It is currently in its second round of private location financing and plans to go public in 2002.
Carson states growing any business requires good people, endurance, and thick skin.
?Transforming any kind of industry takes stamina,? Carson mentioned.
?Getting the healthcare industry to change can be especially frustrating. It moves very slowly. You?ve heard about the turtle? Well this really is a two-legged turtle.?
Carson said knowing he is creating a difference empowers him to his staff.
?Whenever I started I, such as most entrepreneurs, was searching for financial independence,? Carson said.
?However this is an industry that affects just how health care is delivered. We affect cost, quality as well as access to health care. I have the chance to leave a legacy that few people do,? Carson mentioned.
U.S. Medical, Inc. was named to Entrepreneur Magazine?s Hot 100 list of fastest growing small businesses in 1998 and 1999.
Andrew Deen is a startup and entrepreneurial blogger based out of San Diego, CA
Find out more information about scott carson med1 online at http://www.zimbio.com/Scott+Carson/articles/MlBjXF9eOh9/Growing+Choices+Major+Elements+Med1+Online
Business Articles1. Which Steps Are To Be Followed To Ensure Efficient Wastewater Recycling System
Author: Steve Cherng
2. Valhalla Mining Offers: What We Offer And Who We Are
3. Should I Invest In Bitcoin In 2017? Here’s What You Need To Know
4. Our Cryptocurrency Exchange And Bitcoin Mining Services Are The Best
5. How Does Cryptocurrency Ming And Bitcoin Mining Work?
6. Valhalla Mining - Service Overview, Technology, For Sellers, For Buyers The Benefits Of Cryptocurren
7. Can You Make Profit With Bitcoin And Cryptocurrency Mining? Is Bitcoin Mining And Cryptocurrency Min
8. A Beginners Guide To Cryptocurrency Mining: What Should You Know?
9. Popular Established Sites That Appreciate Bitcoins And Cryptocurrency Mining.
10. Disadvantages Of Cryptocurrency Mining
11. 4 Reasons Why Merchandising Plays An Important Role In Retail Sales
Author: Lily Alvin
12. Have You Ever Read About Digital Currency Mining?
13. Buying And Investing In Cryptocurrency
14. Elucidation Of Bitcoin Cloud Mining
15. Get Better Returns Than Stock Market And Real Estate Through Bitcoin Mining