ALL >> Education >> View Article
Online Education (associate Of Arts With A Concentration In General Studies)
Total Articles: 215
Begin your journey of education by earning an Associate of Arts with a Concentration in General Studies*. This can be a great way to build a solid foundation and transition into a bachelor’s degree program. In this degree program, you’ll survey mathematics, physical and life sciences, humanities, social science and technology. Additionally, you’ll apply effective communication skills and learn important critical thinking skills while learning from leaders in the fields they teach.
Students enrolled in one of AAU's online degree programs have selected a major in virtue of that program. A major may offer degree concentrations, which are areas of specialization within the field of study. If offered, the degree program may determine if a concentration is an optional or required component of the major.
Generally, students complete a portion of the core major requirements and then select focused courses to complete the concentration. A concentration must include a minimum of 15 semester credits of specialized coursework.
Listed below are the majors and concentrations available. Students may elect to pursue a minor area of study outside of the degree area. Students interested in a minor area of study should work with their Program Success Advocates.
What you'll learn
Associates of Arts degree with concentrations in business, accounting, information technology, criminal justice, health care administration, human services management, communication, psychology, and paraprofessional education. The Associate of Arts curriculum provides a foundation and overview within the academic disciplines of communication arts, social sciences, mathematics, life sciences, and the humanities. Instruction focuses on the development of student skills in writing, critical thinking, and information utilization, as well as foundational competencies in the selected discipline. The completion of an Associate of Arts degree represents an important milestone for many students as they pursue their educational goals.
The Associate of Arts degree in General Studies provides a solid foundation in liberal arts and sciences based on a survey of mathematics, physical and life sciences, humanities, social science and technology. Students will apply effective communication skills, as directed, for informal, formal, and quantitative tasks and will be conversant with the values and terminology of a variety of academic disciplines. They will be able to access information resources, evaluate them for credibility and relevance, and use the sources to present a wide range of alternatives.
Nine weeks in length, courses are offered in pairs, or "blocks," designed to complement each other. In these courses, emphasis alternates weekly between reading and online discussion one week and a work project the next.
The completion of an Associate of Arts degree represents an important milestone for many students as they pursue their educational goals.
Overview of the program
The major goals of the Associate of General Studies degree program are:
To give students the knowledge and skills to make occupational advancement possible.
To provide a general foundation for those interested in continuing in a four-year degree program.
To encourage students who do not have time for a four-year degree to enhance their education and enter the workforce.
1. The Associate of General Studies degree may also be earned through affiliation agreements with North Oaks Health System's School of Radiologic Technology in Hammond and with the Cardiovascular Technology Training at the Louisiana Heart Hospital in Lacombe.
Strengths of the program
The Associate of General Studies degree is designed for those students who want a flexible degree program. With faculty advisors, students design a program to suit their personal needs and educational aspirations. Students in this program will achieve competencies in general education courses such as English, math, and sciences. They will also study fine arts, history, and social science, and develop a depth of knowledgeby completing 15 credit hours in their choice of an academic concentration.
Departmental strengths include:
A specialized curriculum designed for each individual student
Ongoing faculty research and development
Scholarly faculty involvement through presentations and publications
Student access to licensed Career Counselors as advisors
Positive feedback from General Studies students
Successful completion of programs for many transfer and non-traditional/returning students
Student preparation to enter four-year degree programs at the completion of the AGS
· Careers in the program
· The Associate of General Studies degree has become more attractive with the growth of the number of paraprofessionals in business and industry. Students completing this degree will be qualified to pursue entry-level employment that requires a general education foundation. Our graduates are equipped with skills highly desired by many employers.
· Many career opportunities are available to graduates in General Studies. Some of these occupations may be dependent on the concentration area selected. For information on specific qualifications, speak with an advisor, someone in the specific industry, or consult the Occupational Outlook Handbook or other career guidance resources. Also take advantage of career planning services offered by the University and career planning courses such as CPL 104 and/or CPL 304.
You May Qualify For Financial Aid.
Education Articles1. Non-native Speakers Can Also Find English Teaching Jobs In Thailand
Author: Stuart Spindlow
2. Key Tactics The Pros Use For Chartered Accountants In Rockdale
Author: Austin Loader
3. Know Why Private Tuition Is Pretty Helpful For Children
Author: Hayden Bowden
4. Professional Tips To Play Guitar Better
Author: ALMADEN SCHOOL
5. Introduction Of Bootstrap3 Tutorials:
Author: Learn web designing course in Bangalore.Infocampus
6. Short Term Courses At Deshbandhu College
Author: Shreyansh Shrivastava
7. Exploring The Features And Benefits Of Autocad
Author: Rahul Tripathi
8. Sap Successfactors - All You Need To Know
Author: tyrion william
9. Apply Apsc Recruitment 2017–18 For Post Of 393 Ae/ Lecturer/ Inspector
Author: Recruitment Result
10. Open The Door Of Opportunities By Clearing The Rhcsa Certification Exam
Author: multisoft virtual Academy
11. Digital Marketing Institutes In Hyderabad
Author: Mounika thumula
12. Learn Quran Online
Author: Paul Wright
13. Learn Holy Quran Online
Author: Paul Wright
14. Get Going With A Graphic Designing Course
Author: WLCI Graphic Design College
15. Significance Of Reliable Online Trading System
Author: Henry James