ALL >> Education >> View Article
Online Education (master Of Science In Communication)
Total Articles: 215
The Master of Science Communication Outreach is an exciting one-year graduate program in communication for science, engineering and technology graduates. All students in the program are financially supported by a scholarship that is paid fortnightly throughout the program. To be eligible for this scholarship you must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
For about 14 weeks of the 40 week program, students tour regional Australia while working for the Shell Questacon Science Circus. Each year, we travel to different locations. As well as undertaking practical training on the road, there is also a little 'down time' to relax and unwind.
Being able to transform scientific information into accessible, understandable knowledge for the public is the key business of a science communicator. Science communicators combine skills in written and verbal communication with their scientific knowledge, so they can bridge the gap between the scientific community and the public.
Graduates of the program have gone on to work in diverse and exciting areas across the field of science communication, including:
television stations and radio networks in Australia e.g. for Triple J, Catalyst and Carbon Cops
magazines including New Scientist and Scienttrific
the Edinburgh International Science Festival
the GridTalk grid computing project in the European Union at CERN, Switzerland
the Children’s Cancer Institute
the Science Foundation for Physics
as an Australian Youth Ambassador for Development teaching science in the Maldives
as a Science Outreach Officer
as a science and maths trainer at the Vanuatu Institute of Technology.
The master's degree offers students a possibility to specialize in four subdisciplines of communication sciences as practiced at K.U.Leuven. These subdisciplines are media culture, information and communication technology, marketing communication and media effects. A balance is maintained between specialization on the one hand and a more broad deepening of insight into the domain of communication and media research on the other hand.
Students are expected to specialize in a broad field of specialization, the methods, techniques, theories, hypotheses and research status quo of which they must acquaint themselves with. At the master level, the student is expected to display a
large amount of self-motivation, both in colleges and in other forms of study.
Upon finishing the degree, the student will have:
- a specialist knowledge of the theory, research and history of the discipline of his/her chosen major;
- the ability to analyze publications about the discipline, to relate them to various perspectives and developments and to pass a well-founded judgement on their quality;
- the ability to perform autonomous research in the subdiscipline of his/her specialization;
- required intellectual skills, such as to apply and question argumentations in the field of study; to assume a point of view in the scientific discourse and critically consider its validity; to be able to report on his/her research and solutions to fellow scholars and non-scholars; to be able to discuss the latest developments in the field of study and their effects on society; to develop an attitude of lifelong learning.
The Master of Science in Communication Program (MSC) is a comprehensive management and leadership program that provides a broad-based foundation of principles that can successfully be applied to many professional fields.
MSC draws emerging talent and senior-level managers alike from for-profit, non-profit, and government sectors. Designed for the working professional, MSC is structured to be consistent with student needs, providing flexibility and the opportunity to immediately put classroom experience into real-world practice. Classes are offered during one full day of instruction each week on Saturday. Students enrolled in MSC meet their career goals, improve their competitive edge, obtain a master’s degree, and are able to work full-time throughout the program. Students will gain the communication skills and conceptual tools essential for success in a communication-intensive world.
Course description, features and facilities
Students learn principles of effective science communication, develop practical skills necessary for effective science communication, and design strategies that address the communication needs of groups such as government organisations, informal museums, science centres and research centres. Students select from options such as science communication for change in industry and community, science performance, a workplace project, science in the media, learning technologies, and displays and exhibits.
The Master of Science in Communications program is an interdisciplinary professional program. It addresses the growing need for theory-grounded communication professionals in business, government and the non-profit sectors, including: public relations practitioners, advertising writers, educators, graphic designers, consultants, training and development professionals, media policy experts, print and electronic journalists -- and indeed anyone who must know how to create, manage and assess communication initiatives in a global environment. The MSC program offers students a strong foundation in communication theory and methodology, and encourages application in such emphasis areas as organizational, technological, instructional, and cultural communication.
The program is designed for career-oriented individuals who want to advance in their chosen fields or to move from their undergraduate programs to the competitive job markets. The MSC program's rigorous coverage of communication theory and methodology also provides a strong foundation for those intending to pursue doctoral studies.
The Master of Science in Communication with a concentration in Public Relations covers public relations theory, legal and ethical issues, and develops the analytic and creative know-how you’ll need to excel in the field. Each course in the Public Relations concentration addresses the way that the Internet is changing the way corporations communicate.
All organizations need to create and deliver important information that communicate value, manage brands, and advance reputation. Lasell College’s Master of Science in Communication with a concentration in Public Relations can help you, a working professional, advance your career or begin a new one.
You May Qualify For Financial Aid.
Education Articles1. One Of The Best And Renowned Cbse School In Pcmc, Pune - Academic Heights Public School
Author: Academic Heights Public School
2. Best Selenium Training Institute In Marathahalli Bangalore
Author: Gyan Guide
3. Accelerate Your Stagnant Career With An Executive Mba
Author: Great Learning
4. Open Access Online Journal Helps Researchers To Provide Research Papers
Author: Dr. Pawan Verma
5. New Mobile App.- 1.9 Launched By Justdakhila For Those Parents Searching School For Their Children
6. Best Spoken English, Pte, Ielts, Toefl Classes In Kurukshetra Harayana
Author: British Institute
7. Improve Career Path With Sap Certification | Sap Simple Finance Training
Author: venkat reddy
8. What Is Digital Marketing? What Are The Modules In Digital Marketing Courses?
9. Take Admissions In One Of The Best Engineering College
Author: ponting brown
10. Ccna Training: A Way For Bright Future
11. Doing The Sunday School Activities Perfectly And Own The Peace
Author: Parveen Kumar
12. Sap C_terp10_67 – Business Process Integration Certification
Author: Jose White
13. Usage Of Selenium In Automated Testing
Author: Siyaram Ray
14. Sap Certified Technology Associate – C_hanatech_11 Edition 2016
Author: Jose White
15. Pmp Is A Rage Among Employers As Well. Enrol For Pmp Training In Hyderabad Right Away