ALL >> Technology,-Gadget-and-Science >> View Article
5 Security Tips For Cloud Computing
Total Articles: 310
Cloud computing is getting popular with every coming day and at the beginning of 2013 experts predicted that this year will witness a real explosion in cloud computing business. Everyone is busy discussing its benefits but unknowingly, they are sidelining the potential dangers of this technology. Security is the biggest risk and experts say that cloud computing is as strong as it is safe and the poor quality security system can expose it to numerous breaches and illegitimate access. However, cloud computing service providers have realized this potential weakness and hence, they leave no stone unturned to provide the level of security as anticipated by business owners. Through this write up, I will be discussing a few security tips that were going to deliver this year.
1. Password security – As always, passwords were expected to play a major role in securing cloud computing. They had always been a very decisive component in the security of cloud computing. However, often business owners are very irresponsible about passwords, which lead to disaster. Only those authorized to use primary server should know its password. Moreover, it should be changed more than often to ensure its confidentiality and sturdiness. Companies should teach its employees how to create strong passwords in case; they are using cloud from their desktops. Remember, cloud runs on trust and one broken password can break this trust.
2. Going beyond passwords – Another security factor that was supposed to be very popular was the two-way authentication. Implementing this is easy, as there are numerous assistive technologies available for this. However, this may cause frustration and a business owner should make sure that all the employees are able to run it properly and then, adopt this technique.
3. Encryption – It is with even the most advanced technology that there are few dodges and cloud computing is a no exception. There are chances that a server may get broken it is tough to judge that which server should be considered as safe. In this situation, encryption plays a very crucial role as it prevents those who access servers illegally from stealing private or sensitive information. Data encryption can limit the damage, which could be caused by illegal breach of the server.
4. Log everything – The ultimate aim of adopting cloud computing by any business is to help end-users by getting their work done and simplify the information accessing procedure. This gets tough at times due to several unavoidable complexities on the servers and since, this paradigm is relatively new, there are fewer experts on this subject matter. The best way to tackle this issue is to make a strong, consistent and detailed log that would ensure that problems are resolved as soon as they arise. This log helps trouble-shooters in making sure that the same problem does not arise again.
5. Never neglect the firewall – No doubt that newer tools and approaches keeps coming but as the saying goes "Old is Gold", nothing could compete with the good old firewall. Defined access is very important to run a cloud effectively in a business. By implementing a firewall, the IT administrator can define the limit and ensure that it is allowing only as much access as required. This step will help a lot on fending off malicious attackers and intruders.
Business owners from across the world have acknowledged that cloud computing is the future and it has potential of transforming the way of conducting a business. For this, it is important that it wins their trust. Cloud service providers can play a very important role in this pursuit by ensuring top-notch security of the services rendered by them.
The author holds a content writer post with an enterprise mobile app development companies with its team of experienced app developers in Dallas has created enterprise apps for renowned companies like Cienna, Cisco, and Verizo. It has iPhone developer in Dallas, and UI designers with extensive experience & an in-depth domain knowledge.
Technology, Gadget and Science Articles1. Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge – Repair And Replacement Services
Author: Angel Smith
2. Quick Mobile Phone Repair Norwich - Blackberry
Author: Sara williams
3. Phone Screen Repair Norwich - Motorola
4. Advantages Of Deploying Mobile Applications For Your Business
Author: RL Ganguly
5. Issues And Solutions For Xbox Repairs
Author: Angel Smith
6. Radical Applications Of 3d Printing
Author: Stuart Ting
7. Digital Archiving — say “no” To Endless Stacks Of Banker’s Boxes
Author: Ben Lambert
8. Information Technology Plays A Key Role In Providing Sustainable Micro Financing
9. Egt Gauge Are An Excellent Way To Monitor Engine Health And Air/fuel Mixture
Author: Joseph Polizzotto
10. Be Smart, Go Cashless
11. Ibm Ibus Job Support
Author: Vasu Buddi
12. Features That Make Budget Smartphones A Hit
Author: Bhairavi Chandra
13. A Few Tips To Save Your Cash On Xbox 360 Repair Cost
14. Iphone 6s Plus Screen Repair And Replacement Services
Author: Angel Smith
15. How To Buy The Latest Hd Tv In India
Author: tanjni pache