ALL >> Health >> View Article
The Minds Behind Medical Devices – Pediatric Lithotomy Positioning
Total Articles: 15
The term ‘lithotomy position’ is a term related to the field of medicine, and this position is given to patients when some medical examinations and operations are to be done at the lower abdominal or pelvic area. It is also the common pose for natural delivery of infant in western nations. Under this position, the feet of the patient will be kept at the same level of the hips or above its level and the area on which the surgical procedure or examination is to be conducted is generally placed on the examination table. Generally, this position is brought with the help of appropriate medical equipment meant for this purpose. Even though, these devices meant for adults are widely used and available in the market, when it comes to surgery or examination on the lower part of the body of infants and kids, the appropriate equipment can be rarely found in the market.
This induced the minds behind medical devices to introduce such an equipment just for the sake of infants and little kids. This equipment can be of great help when it comes to pediatric laparoscopy and other procedures, particularly where intra-operative re-positioning might be needed. When surgery is conducted in the abdominal or back area, it is essential that the hips and the legs of the patient should be stabilized to prevent uncontrolled movement, which in turn can cause sciatic nerve system. When the legs are not positioned properly, infants and kids might get leg and hip trauma.
The minds behind medical devices, who created this equipment are assuring that it will be suitable for babies and kids with body lengths of maximum 1.40 meters.
This equipment can be used for pediatric surgery, radiology and urology. The best thing here is that this equipment can be moved and the position of the leg can be adjusted during the operation and it has also got CE marking and FDA registration as well.
Here, hospitals specialized in child care and infant care can purchase this equipment from reliable manufacturers. Even though, it is manufactured only by a few firms, shortlisting of the best quality device is of great importance for ensuring that the little patients can be protected from leg trauma and sciatic nerve problem. Of course, the best patient care would be the objective of any hospital and this can be achieved with the help of the best quality medical devices from quality manufacturers.
This content has been taken from http://www.amazines.com/article_detail.cfm/5893128?articleid=5893128
If you are in search of Medical Device injection molding, then IMDS is right place. It is the world's top Medical device company which offers wide range of innovative medical components such as Medical device tubing, injection molding, Catheter components, extrusions, shafts, Reinforced medical tubing, Braided medical tubing, shafts, Hydrophilic medical coatings, Catheter insert molding and more. For more info, please Click Here.
Health Articles1. Itchy Manhood? Use Shea Butter And Vitamin E
Author: John Dugan
2. Porcelain Veneers: What Are They And Why You Might Need Them
3. Dental Professionals – Do You Need To Have A Trusting Relationship
4. Why You Will Need Emergency Dental Care
5. Things To Remember When Choosing The Best Dental Professional For Your Loved Ones
6. The Things To Reflect On Before Selecting A Dental Professional That Can Meet All Your Requirements
7. Don't Fear The Dentist - Beating Your Dental Stress
8. Indications Of A Bad Dentist
9. Best Tips To Choosing A Family Dental Expert
10. Regular Dental Cleaning - Why It Is Necessary
11. Top Five Reasons To Truly Have Periodic Dental Cleaning Done
12. Get Emergency Medical Support By Panchmukhi Air Ambulance Service In Mumbai
Author: Dr Mukesh Kumar
13. Why You May Consider Dental Dentures
14. Great Guidance For Denture Users
15. Teeth Extraction And Why It Is Important