ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Overview Of Saigon Backpacker Area
Total Articles: 1
The backpacker area of Saigon Ho Chi Minh city is located right at the heart of the city. It covers the streets of Pham Ngu Lao, De Tham and Bui Vien at district 1 (the central district).
The backpacker area of Saigon Ho Chi Minh city is located right at the heart of the city. It covers the streets of Pham Ngu Lao, De Tham and Bui Vien at district 1 (the central district). Not much different from other backpacker streets, it is lively, noisy all day and night. This area is frequented by Ho Saigon locals and tourists to buy cheap clothes, DVDs, souvenirs, day tours Hundreds of cheap hotels, local travel agent offices, shops, cafes, bars and small restaurants with free wi-fi remain open from morning to late night. This area may not well represent Saigon or Vietnam but it is really worth your couple of nights.
The backpacker area is the cluster of decent but cheap accommodation in Saigon. Plenty of Saigon budget hotels and hostels are located inside and around the area. Several hotels actually are in good conditions, with large rooms, private toilet and some even offer wooden floor; they should not be called as Saigon backpacker hotelsas they are now just because of the location. The room rate could vary from 10 to 25 US dollars which is worth the value. Other Saigon cheap hotels in the area include hostels or dorms which can cost you few bucks per day.
Eating & Drinking
Near the places of cheap accommodation in Saigon you can find many bars (but not really night clubs) where with about 2 dollars you could have a mug of beer with ice. A popular bar here uses plastic mini-chairs and tables, and mostly open-air seating.
There is also variety of restaurants with all kinds of foods - from western style American breakfast, Vietnamese dishes, pizza, halal It is also cheap and served in small house blocks along the streets.
The area around Saigon backpacker hotels is a good place to buy some souvenirs, DVDs, cheap clothes... even for local people, although it is hard to know which are the local products or imported from China (I can guarantee the day tours there are not imported ïŠ). There are also old book vendors on the street, but as the books are often not new some pages might be missing.
Travel Articles1. Fishpond Taxi Or Clifton Taxi – Delivering Maximum Convenience For The Clients!
Author: Michel Umer
2. Restaurant La Source – La Source Restaurant In Paris Is All Set To Cater You In The Most Unique Way!
Author: Ano Nymous
3. Shuttle Service From Honolulu Airport To Hotels & 4 Best Accommodations For Travelers
Author: Trung Tran
4. What Does The Inclusion Of A Kitchen In A Hotel Room Mean To The Hotel Industry?
Author: The Lotus
5. Uganda – A Country Of Sheer Wildlife
6. Gorilla Tracking Etiquettes In Uganda
7. Looking For Cheap Flights To London? Find Low Cost Flights Here!
8. Looking Forward To Relax? Will Transport You To A Tranquil World
Author: Mr. Dave
9. Car Service In Dfw & List Of The Top Rated Restaurants In The Dfw Area
Author: Shakil Ahmed
10. What Places One Need To Visit During His Sahara Desert Tour?
Author: Mohamed El Galouti
11. Prom Parties With A Charter Bus In San Francisco
Author: Hire Charter Bus
12. Hemingway’s Cuba
Author: Stephen David
13. Canada Immigradation Consultants In Hyderabad
Author: visas permits
14. Enjoy Mount Kilimanjaro Climbing And Safari To Africa And Tanzania Wildebeest
15. How To Find Best Serviced Apartment Accommodation In Nairobi
Author: Sanajay SHah