ALL >> Health >> View Article
Essential Facts About Medical Abortion Pills
Total Articles: 73
Mifepristone is a steroid that is used by most pharmaceuticals as an abortive method in ending the first trimester. It usually attacks progesterone receptors and is therefore administered as an emergency contraceptive in smaller doses.
The manufacturing firm which designed this synthetic drug, also called RU-486, is under the supervision of RousselUclaf. This so-called "abortion pill" was initially sold in France, followed by other countries. Even in the midst of controversial issues, the marketing and dispensing of the product still goes on. The abortion pill is marketed under trade names Korlym and Mifeprex.
Mifepristone is mostly sold outside of the United States by Exelgyn Laboratories in France with names as Mifegyne, and is medically approved for the use of the following:
• Medically, as a termination of intrauterine pregnancies up to 49 days of gestation or up to 63 days gestation in Europe particularly Sweden and Britain.
• Prior to mechanical dilatation for pregnancy termination of the cervix it is use as a cervical softening and dilatation.
• In 13 to 24 weeks gestation, it is mostly used in combination with gemeprost for termination of pregnancies.
• Used to induce labor in cases of fetal death while inside the uterus.
Other uses of the drug
As observed in Phase 2 clinical studies of this mifepristone, other clinical uses of the drug include oral contraception, treatment for endometriosis, glaucoma, uterine fibroids and meningiomas, plus breast, ovary, and prostate cancers.
The drug is also been found effective in treating Cushing's syndrome without side effects even after 10 years of administration. Additionally, it is also observed to be effective in significantly addressing symptoms of pyshotic major depression, a form of depression resistant to conventional therapy. Effects were immediate; however, the study was restricted by the small sample in very constricted duration of treatment.
The existence of this abortion pill has been hounded by so much controversy and negative feedbacks. In United States alone, many pro-life groups were actively protesting against its approval and more people were continuously crusading for its withdrawal. Cited views were either on the ethical issues with the concept of abortion or on safety concerns with regard to the drugs adverse reactions to humans including death, which was then marked as "RU-486 Suspension and Review Act".
Moreover, even religious and pro-life group outside the United States of America have also crusaded against the use of Mifepristone more specifically in Germany and Australia. Consequently, proper administration of this drug should be supported by a medical specialist.
The Orlando Women's Center serves the purpose of giving women the most advanced abortion procedures in a supportive and comfortable environment. They supply the Mifepristone Abortion Pill for those considering a non-invasive abortion. For more information, visit this resource: (http://www.womenscenter.com/medical_chemical_abortion.html).
Health Articles1. In Choosing A General Dentist
Author: Donnell Nash
2. Alternative Medication- A Better Way Of Medication
Author: Bhavesh Desai
3. Types Of Shoulder And Knee Pain
Author: Mahesh Singh`
4. Infertility And Pcos Problems That You Need To Sort Out
Author: Swati Desai
5. Hipaa Compliant Medical Patient Release Forms - Cakeintake
Author: Cake Intake
6. Small Male Organ Coupling: Working Around The Size Issue
Author: John Dugan
7. Medical Conditions In Which Cerebral Palsy Treatment Becomes Essential
Author: Nupur Jha
8. Excel Family Dental - Root Canal Retreatment
Author: Heidi Huang
9. Choose The Right Home Gym In Kelowna
Author: Dennis Ritchie is the author of this article
10. Best Mass Gaining Dietary Supplements
Author: Anabolic Nutrition
11. Advantages Of Stem Cell Therapy You Need To Know About
Author: Nupur Jha
12. Pcos – Awareness , Symptoms And Treatment.
Author: Rakshit Agrawal
13. Defy The Inevitable Process Of Skin Aging And Discoloration
Author: Rutuja Gupta
14. Breast Enlargement Surgery For An Attractive Body!
Author: Pankaj Singhal
15. Buy Siemens Hearing Aids In Kolkata At Best Price