ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Is Pest Control Really That Different From One Area To The Next?
Total Articles: 37
The Phoenix Metropolitan area is a very large area that covers a rather wide area of land. Within this vast land area, you can have numerous different micro environments, where pest issues can be like night and day from one another.
Phoenix is the 6th largest city in the U.S. and covers approximately 517 square miles, and is the most populous state capital in the United States. You can drive for nearly 100 miles to get from one end of what we call the Valley of the Sun to the other end. It is quite easy to have a major storm on one side of the valley, and not even know it’s happening on the other side. Phoenix is actually comprised of a multiple number of cities, and communities, I believe nearly 28 in all.
With this being said, there are a lot of factors to pest control when you cross the borders from one metro city to the next.
Scottsdale, AZ for example – Scottsdale runs North and South and parallel to Phoenix’s East border. At the North End of Scottsdale, they are actually a little higher in elevation, and can be 2 to 10 degrees cooler than in downtown Phoenix. With just a simple change in elevation, they have an entirely different micro environment and along with this, a whole different scope of pests and vertebrates, including wildlife such as Javelina (a type of wild pig), snakes, bobcat, bears, and especially scorpions.
Just North of Scottsdale, is Carefree, AZ and Cave Creek, AZ both of these communities are considered high desert communities, and centered pretty much in the middle of the desert, as they are surrounded by desert shrubbery, cactus and associated wildlife. Pest control to these homes is fun and challenging because it is so different than subdivisions in the heart of Phoenix.
Along the West border, also running north and south is Glendale, AZ Arizona’s 2nd largest city, and now the home of the Phoenix Cardinals and the Coyotes Hockey team (for now). Glendale also reaches North into some desert areas but, eventually Peoria, AZ takes over even surrounding lake pleasant to the very northern tips of what would be considered Metropolitan Phoenix.
Again, these areas are definitely within the desert region, and pest control to homes in this area have their own special needs. As you are on the outskirts of city living, we tend to deal with desert animals such as the Arizona Pack Rat. This rat is correctly named as it does just that, it collects and stores much debris as both harborage materials, and food stuffs, I have seen Pack rat nests the size of an SUV. Along with pack rat nests, come all the other varmints associated with this environment from fleas, scorpions and even the Kissing bug make their homes in the pack rat nests.
When you need to count on a Phoenix area exterminator who is familiar with pest issues from one side of the valley to the other, Invader Pest Management is ready and waiting for your call.
Article Source: Invader.net
Home and Garden Articles1. What Is The Need To Have Removal Tree And Stump?
Author: Elly Knights
2. 4 Things To Consider For Finding The Right Upholstery Cleaning In London
Author: Nick Koych
3. Create A Great 1st Impression With Granite In Your Office Space
4. Common Residential Plumbing Issues
Author: Bob Sander
5. Warning Signs That You Need To Repaint Your Home
Author: Shane Habib
6. Take Stunning Pictures Of Your Fairy Garden
Author: Florence Blum
7. Hiring Professionals To Install Window Film In Palm Beach Gardens
8. Tile Cleaning Melbourne Service: - Wipe Out Your Dirty Tiles
Author: Elly Smith
9. Turbo Cowl Prevents Rain Water, Entrance Of Wild Creatures And Down Draught In The Most Efficient Ma
Author: Jerry Baily
10. If Home Remedies Doesn’t Work To Stop Shower Leaking Call The Experts
Author: Jordan Curr
11. Things You Need To Be Careful Of Before Booking A Pest Control Service
Author: Jordan Romilly
12. The Landscape Constructing Has Been Beneficial To A Greater Extent
Author: Brodie Clogstoun
13. Exclusive Ideas To Decorate Your Roof In A Different Way
Author: Michael Gilmore
14. Things You Need To Be Aware Of The Gutters Of Your Roof
Author: Ashton Coaldrake
15. An Earlier Confirmation Of A Building's Framework Is Needful
Author: Adam Leworthy