ALL >> Shopping-Product-Reviews >> View Article
Cleaning And Care Of Your Pewter Beer Stein
Total Articles: 13
Pewter was always the most popular material used for manufacturing drinking and eating utensils. It is an alloy mostly consisting of tin, copper and antimony. It is also the fourth most precious metal. Pewter beer stein were considered a status symbol and was owned by the rich and famous. German pewter beer steins were also manufactured with the regular German beer stein.
Pewter-ware never rusts breaks or tarnishes. They are a perfect metal for a beer stein as it does not change the taste of beer like iron copper or silver. Oxidation of Pewter is very slow which increases its durability. Pewter can easily be molded in desired shapes as they melt at only 450 degrees. They can be decorated by engraving, hammering and casting. Handles can be separately made and later soldered.
• Food such as citrus juice can stain or pit pewter. Pewter must be washed immediately after use.
• Pewter is not meant for use in oven. Avoid use of pewter in the oven.
• Do not place pewter in dishwasher, pewter should always be hand washed.
Cleaning tips for Pewter:
Pewter does not tarnish like silver thus does not require frequent cleaning. Pewter comes in three different types of finishing and each finish has a specific cleaning method.
This type of finish is smooth and shiny. It does not require regular cleaning. Cleaning this type of pewter couple of times in a year is enough to maintain its shine and luster. Using a soft cloth and a polish is recommended for cleaning polished pewter. You can make a home-made polish using salt, vinegar and flour for cleaning this pewter. The polish must be rubbed in circular motion with limited pressure for cleaning these kinds of pewter.
Rottenstone is another type of polish that works well on pewter-ware.
This pewter has a more rough appearance when compared to polished pewter. They are not shiny but contain a grain type finish.
Mild soap and warm water can help in cleaning this pewter. You can also brush this pewter with fine steel wool. However brushing should not be done very often, you can do it every couple of years. Rub in the grain’s direction and apply little pressure.
This kind of pewter does not require special care while cleaning. They have a dark finish with an antique look. Washing with mild soap and warm water is what is required. Please note this pewter can oxidize early due to lead content in it.
Buy pewter from a reputed company to avoid cheating. Always look for “crown with rose” or “Michael holding a sword and balance” mark as they are the two high quality marks dating back to 18th century.
Rick Paary is a happy-go-lucky kind of guy who loves everything related to American football and a big fan of Detroit Lions. He is also fascinated by home décor and various roofing systems that are in use in various parts of North America. He has written on pewter beer stein and German pewter beer steins in this article.
Shopping/Product Reviews Articles1. Various Types Of Trendy And Stylish Suede And Wedding Kippahs Available Online
2. Grocery Online Shopping A Booming Market
Author: Dheeraj Singh
3. Ruby Jewellery In India
Author: Jewellery Cluster
4. Puppy Muzzle – Pet Muzzle Should Be Introduced At The Early Stage Of Life!
Author: Rainer Kindelmann
5. Muzzles For Large Dogs – Get Right Size Of Muzzles For Small Dogs Now!
Author: Rainer Kindelmann
6. Ladies Winter Wear Clothes Online
7. 5 Ways In Which Crystal Wine Carafes Prove To Be A Timeless Beauty!
Author: Tony Astely
8. Exclusive Sale Star For Leather Products
9. Buy Your Favourite Sunglasses For Men Or Women Online
10. Buy Embroidered Sarees Canada Online
11. Different Kinds Of Blinds That Suits For Different Rooms
Author: Stewart Graham
12. Corporate And Promotional T Shirts In Delhi
Author: Vinay Kumar
13. Temple Jewellery In India
Author: Jewellery cluster
14. Hamilton Jazzmaster Thinline Quartz H38541513 Men’s Watch: A Thing Of Understated Beauty
Author: Adam D
15. Casio Analog Digital Tough Solar Aq-s800wd-1evdf Mens Watch: A Bright, Badass Tool
Author: Jasson C