ALL >> Shopping-Product-Reviews >> View Article
Cleaning And Care Of Your Pewter Beer Stein
Total Articles: 13
Pewter was always the most popular material used for manufacturing drinking and eating utensils. It is an alloy mostly consisting of tin, copper and antimony. It is also the fourth most precious metal. Pewter beer stein were considered a status symbol and was owned by the rich and famous. German pewter beer steins were also manufactured with the regular German beer stein.
Pewter-ware never rusts breaks or tarnishes. They are a perfect metal for a beer stein as it does not change the taste of beer like iron copper or silver. Oxidation of Pewter is very slow which increases its durability. Pewter can easily be molded in desired shapes as they melt at only 450 degrees. They can be decorated by engraving, hammering and casting. Handles can be separately made and later soldered.
• Food such as citrus juice can stain or pit pewter. Pewter must be washed immediately after use.
• Pewter is not meant for use in oven. Avoid use of pewter in the oven.
• Do not place pewter in dishwasher, pewter should always be hand washed.
Cleaning tips for Pewter:
Pewter does not tarnish like silver thus does not require frequent cleaning. Pewter comes in three different types of finishing and each finish has a specific cleaning method.
This type of finish is smooth and shiny. It does not require regular cleaning. Cleaning this type of pewter couple of times in a year is enough to maintain its shine and luster. Using a soft cloth and a polish is recommended for cleaning polished pewter. You can make a home-made polish using salt, vinegar and flour for cleaning this pewter. The polish must be rubbed in circular motion with limited pressure for cleaning these kinds of pewter.
Rottenstone is another type of polish that works well on pewter-ware.
This pewter has a more rough appearance when compared to polished pewter. They are not shiny but contain a grain type finish.
Mild soap and warm water can help in cleaning this pewter. You can also brush this pewter with fine steel wool. However brushing should not be done very often, you can do it every couple of years. Rub in the grain’s direction and apply little pressure.
This kind of pewter does not require special care while cleaning. They have a dark finish with an antique look. Washing with mild soap and warm water is what is required. Please note this pewter can oxidize early due to lead content in it.
Buy pewter from a reputed company to avoid cheating. Always look for “crown with rose” or “Michael holding a sword and balance” mark as they are the two high quality marks dating back to 18th century.
Rick Paary is a happy-go-lucky kind of guy who loves everything related to American football and a big fan of Detroit Lions. He is also fascinated by home décor and various roofing systems that are in use in various parts of North America. He has written on pewter beer stein and German pewter beer steins in this article.
Shopping/Product Reviews Articles1. How Beneficial The Online Shopping Is!
2. How Convenient The Online Shopping Is!
3. The Best Anniversary Plans That Can Make You Invincible
Author: Anand Tiwari
4. Solitaire Diamond Engagement Rings For Your Bride To Be
Author: Jewellery Cluster
5. Firdous Lawn Collection 2018
6. Be Acquainted With The Advantages Of Using Bathroom Accessories
Author: Ainsworth Dickenson
7. Loungewear For Womens That Encapsulate Versatility And Comfort
Author: Alice Berry
8. Invicta Pro Diver 200m Quartz Blue Dial Inv9204/9204 Mens Watch: Bluesy Enough To Be Appreciated
Author: Jasson Ca
9. Kylie Lipkit-the Perfect Lip-kit, The Best Combination Of Style And Fashion
10. Nixon Corporal Quartz A346-510-00 Men’s Watch: Goodness In An Economical Package
11. Save Energy And Water With The Best Dishwasher For Kitchen
Author: John Oddile
12. The Luxurious Models Of Business Card Holders
Author: Sahah Chan
13. A Look At The Learning Environment In List Of International School In Bangalore
Author: Snehal Desai
14. Buy Julius Marlow Shoes & Feel Comfortable
Author: Green Footwear
15. Fossil Grant Chronograph Leather Fs5118 Mens Watch: An Inexpensive, Modern Classic
Author: Jason Ca