ALL >> Legal >> View Article
Do You Know The Difference Between Patent, Trademark And Copyright?
Total Articles: 10
The three important legal frameworks being patents, trademarks and copyrights arise from the same basic legal requirements. These are different types of intellectual property rights that protect the owner of a creation or an invention. Even though, they look to be similar, there are certain level of differences between them and a professional law firm such as Farjami LLP and the professionals working for these firms can provide the right kind of information in this respect. However, let us get into the details about the fundamental differences between these three property laws:
When it comes to patent, it provides rights for conceptual or physical intervention, while in the case of copyright, it is something related to the originality of documents or images created by an author. On the other hand, a trademark can be a symbolic design or a word that can distinguish the products of company and another.
Of these three laws, the patent is known to provide better protection to the creator as it has strict terms and conditions. This means that even when another individual has made a creation similar to the already patented product even without the knowledge that such a thing is already available, he will be liable for the original creator. So, patents can provide more protection to the owner as compared to the other two as there are exceptions for usage in the other two like fair use is permitted.
Generally, the patent has validity for a period of 20 years and then it moves from the exclusive ownership of the introducer. On the other hand, copyright is valid for nearly 60-70 years and there is no such year limit in the case of trademark. Copyright can simply protect the ideas, while patent can protect the underlying process itself from being copied by others.
As the level of protection provided by these rights differ from one another, the process of applying for them also differs. If you are confused as to which of these three categories your creation belongs to, you can just get in touch with a law firm, who is experienced in all these three areas. Farijami LLP is a law firm with expertise in these three areas and they can guide you in the entire process of applying and until the complete protection of your creation. Even, when your invention has been copied by others, they will guide you with respect to the actions to be taken.
If you are looking for highly specialized team of dedicated intellectual property attorneys you are at the right place. Farjami LLP is the leading edge high technology Farjami Law Firm whose mission is to provide high quality legal representation in the various areas of intellectual property laws. For more details, visit us
Legal Articles1. Bail Bond Facts
Author: Emily Stone
2. Why Immigration To Canada Is The Best Option?
Author: Radvision World
3. Six Steps To Attaining Compensation For Accident Injury In Toronto City
Author: Dasilva Legal
4. Know Need Of Living Trust Attorney California
Author: Leah Wilmot
5. The Houston Criminal Defense Attorneys Are The Best To Help You Against Any Criminal Charges
6. Risks And Rewards Of Buying Property In Dubai
Author: hHassan Elhais
7. Massachusetts Workers Compensation Lawyer – Knowledgeable Lawyers Get What You Need
Author: Tina smith
8. Nursing Home Abuse And Negligence – Who Is Responsible?
Author: Tyler Pillay
9. Basic Corporate Laws For Business In Dubai
Author: Hassan Elhais
10. Consult An Employment Lawyer For Issues Regarding Flexible Work hours
11. Employment Lawyers Perth
12. Dallas Personal Injuries Increased” – How About Mediation
Author: Ted Lyon
13. Guidebook For Parents In Fort Worth On Child Custody
Author: Kevin Clark
14. Seven Common Traffic Offences That May Bring You Ticket Or Fine In Toronto
Author: Neil Dasilva
15. Fort Worth’s Divorces Are Painful, But It Gets Adjusted Overtime