ALL >> Legal >> View Article
Do You Know The Difference Between Patent, Trademark And Copyright?
Total Articles: 10
The three important legal frameworks being patents, trademarks and copyrights arise from the same basic legal requirements. These are different types of intellectual property rights that protect the owner of a creation or an invention. Even though, they look to be similar, there are certain level of differences between them and a professional law firm such as Farjami LLP and the professionals working for these firms can provide the right kind of information in this respect. However, let us get into the details about the fundamental differences between these three property laws:
When it comes to patent, it provides rights for conceptual or physical intervention, while in the case of copyright, it is something related to the originality of documents or images created by an author. On the other hand, a trademark can be a symbolic design or a word that can distinguish the products of company and another.
Of these three laws, the patent is known to provide better protection to the creator as it has strict terms and conditions. This means that even when another individual has made a creation similar to the already patented product even without the knowledge that such a thing is already available, he will be liable for the original creator. So, patents can provide more protection to the owner as compared to the other two as there are exceptions for usage in the other two like fair use is permitted.
Generally, the patent has validity for a period of 20 years and then it moves from the exclusive ownership of the introducer. On the other hand, copyright is valid for nearly 60-70 years and there is no such year limit in the case of trademark. Copyright can simply protect the ideas, while patent can protect the underlying process itself from being copied by others.
As the level of protection provided by these rights differ from one another, the process of applying for them also differs. If you are confused as to which of these three categories your creation belongs to, you can just get in touch with a law firm, who is experienced in all these three areas. Farijami LLP is a law firm with expertise in these three areas and they can guide you in the entire process of applying and until the complete protection of your creation. Even, when your invention has been copied by others, they will guide you with respect to the actions to be taken.
If you are looking for highly specialized team of dedicated intellectual property attorneys you are at the right place. Farjami LLP is the leading edge high technology Farjami Law Firm whose mission is to provide high quality legal representation in the various areas of intellectual property laws. For more details, visit us
Legal Articles1. Contact Criminal Defense Lawyer Houston To Safeguard Your Legal Interests
2. How To Find Best Dui Lawyer In New Jersey
Author: Michael Curtis Greenberg
3. Legal Agreement Template
4. Bail Bonds Services Might Help Create A Stressful Time Easier
5. Answering The Question About The Working Of Immigration Lawyer
Author: Kri Law
6. All You Need To Know About The Truck Accidents Attorney
Author: Bkr Law
7. Why To Sought The Assistance Of Truck Accident Lawyer?
Author: Sgro Law
8. Is Hiring A Personal Injury Attorney/lawyer Really Necessary?
Author: MICHAEL T. FRIEDMAN
9. Be Served For The Better In Hiring Car Accident Attorney/lawyer
Author: JON ALAN LAFFERTY
10. Tips On How To Settle Your Slip And Fall Claim
11. Three Things To Look For In A Spinal Cord Injury Attorney
Author: Marcus McGowan
12. How Oklahoma Business Lawyers Can Help You With Gun Trust Law
13. Arizona's Dog Bite Laws And How To Protect Yourself
14. Wrongful Death Attorney - How To File A Wrongful Death Claim
15. 7 Reasons Why Feizy Law Firm Has Got The Best Injury Attorney For Compensation In Dallas
Author: Nick Feizy