ALL >> Legal >> View Article
Do You Know The Difference Between Patent, Trademark And Copyright?
Total Articles: 10
The three important legal frameworks being patents, trademarks and copyrights arise from the same basic legal requirements. These are different types of intellectual property rights that protect the owner of a creation or an invention. Even though, they look to be similar, there are certain level of differences between them and a professional law firm such as Farjami LLP and the professionals working for these firms can provide the right kind of information in this respect. However, let us get into the details about the fundamental differences between these three property laws:
When it comes to patent, it provides rights for conceptual or physical intervention, while in the case of copyright, it is something related to the originality of documents or images created by an author. On the other hand, a trademark can be a symbolic design or a word that can distinguish the products of company and another.
Of these three laws, the patent is known to provide better protection to the creator as it has strict terms and conditions. This means that even when another individual has made a creation similar to the already patented product even without the knowledge that such a thing is already available, he will be liable for the original creator. So, patents can provide more protection to the owner as compared to the other two as there are exceptions for usage in the other two like fair use is permitted.
Generally, the patent has validity for a period of 20 years and then it moves from the exclusive ownership of the introducer. On the other hand, copyright is valid for nearly 60-70 years and there is no such year limit in the case of trademark. Copyright can simply protect the ideas, while patent can protect the underlying process itself from being copied by others.
As the level of protection provided by these rights differ from one another, the process of applying for them also differs. If you are confused as to which of these three categories your creation belongs to, you can just get in touch with a law firm, who is experienced in all these three areas. Farijami LLP is a law firm with expertise in these three areas and they can guide you in the entire process of applying and until the complete protection of your creation. Even, when your invention has been copied by others, they will guide you with respect to the actions to be taken.
If you are looking for highly specialized team of dedicated intellectual property attorneys you are at the right place. Farjami LLP is the leading edge high technology Farjami Law Firm whose mission is to provide high quality legal representation in the various areas of intellectual property laws. For more details, visit us
Legal Articles1. Why Is It Important To Contact An Attorney In Phoenix?
2. Overview Of The Ins And Outs Of Settling A Car Accident Claim In Scottsdale
3. Seattle Insurance Lawyer To Settle Accident Claims
Author: Chris Thayer
4. Four Crucial Complications That Can Result Immediately After Ivc Filter Transplant
Author: Nick Feizy
5. Who Do I Sue After A Car Accident In Tucson?
6. Check Criminal Records
7. Knowing More About Forfeiture And Bail Bonds
Author: Emily Stone
8. What Does It Take To Hire A Car Accident Attorney
Author: ABetter UCBD
9. Requirements For Proving “inability To Present The Case” - Enforcement Of Foreign Awards
Author: S Ravi Shankar
10. Amazing Guide To Hire The Accident Attorney
Author: Chris Thayer
11. Can You Still Recover Damages - If You Were Not Wearing A Seatbelt
12. St Louis Missouri Divorce Lawyers Can Help You Rebuild Your Life
Author: kirk c stange
13. Some Secret Of Criminal Lawyers
Author: Lex Lords
14. Starting A Start Up Business
Author: IBS India
15. What Are The Steps Involved In Fssai Compliance & Registration Requirements?
Author: Jeeny Cruz