ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Get Help With Kitchen Design From A Remodeler
Total Articles: 29
If one is dissatisfied with one’s kitchen, then the next step is often a remodeling job. It can be a bit frustrating to try and re-configure a kitchen design, even if a person is pretty handy with a pencil and paper. Sometimes the dimensions just don’t come out right and then it’s back to the drawing board to try and come up with a design that will meet expectations. Fortunately there are some home remodeling companies that also specialize in design. These companies can offer an objective viewpoint and provide some fresh perspectives when it comes to kitchen design. Often they can do wonders with bathrooms as well. In the Philadelphia area and in adjacent communities such as Bala Cynwyd, one can find kitchen designers and remodelers that have years of experience. Often they are quite adept at installing new countertops, custom cabinets and even wood flooring. Whether one lives in Philadelphia or elsewhere, contacting a remodeling and design specialist is the first step to getting that new kitchen.
The first thing the remodelers will do is come to the home to assess the situation. Usually they will provide free estimates. It’s wise to get at least 3-4 estimates before deciding on a remodeler. There are several criteria that go into the decision to hire a remodeling company. Here are a few questions to ask: How long have they been in business? Can they point to recent jobs they’ve completed so a person can review them? What about materials; where do they get their materials from and what guarantees are associated with those? These are but a few of the questions that one should ask. If one requires some design assistance, that will open up a whole additional set of questions. Do they charge extra for design help? If so, how much is it and what is included?
Once one decides on a home remodeler, then the work begins. If it’s a kitchen remodel, that can be a messy situation and include quite a bit of inconvenience as the space likely won’t be usable for days, or even a few weeks if it is a major remodel with walls that are torn down or floors that are replaced. It’s important to prepare in advance for this and cover or remove furnishings in the kitchen and adjacent rooms as the dust from the construction can drift through the house.
Choosing a home remodeling company can take some time, but the time invested in the decision is well worth it. While even the best of intentions cannot guarantee that one will select a good home remodeler, at least some effort screening the candidates can help reduce the odds of making a poor decision. Home remodelers with design experience are companies that can offer some extra value to the homeowner and make the kitchen, bathroom or whole house remodel align with one’s vision for the home.
Paul McClintock offers his thoughts on kitchen and bath remodeling based on his time working for a Philadelphia kitchen remodeling firm.
Home and Garden Articles1. How To Rid Your Front Loading Washing Machine Of Mold
Author: Daniel Royale
2. Affordable And Reliable Plumbing Services In California
Author: Jack Ronald
3. Avoiding Glass Balustrade Breakages- Tips By Glass Balustrading Sydney
Author: John Carlos
4. Contact Bond Cleaning Perth For Professional Cleaning Services
5. Little Tricks To Achieve The Best Results In Domestic Cleaning Services
Author: Louis Gibbs
6. End Of Lease Cleaners Melbourne Guarantee Full Bond Amount Return For The Tenants
7. Reasons Why You Should Rely On New Home Builders Of Port Lincoln
Author: Ashton Coaldrake
8. Importance Of Plumbing Services For A Hassle Free Living
Author: Kelly M. Russum
9. How To Maintain Kitchen Mixer?
Author: Andrew Howard
10. Finding Unique Storage Thoughts For Your Kitchen Cabinets
Author: Robert J. Lewis
11. Design Ideas For Aging In place
Author: Mary Morris
12. Use Lb-3000 Compact Bowl Scale To Measure The Weight With Utmost Precision
Author: Nug Brand
13. Benefits Of Hiring Professional Painting Contractors For Exterior Painting
Author: Anu Radha
14. Walk-in Bathtubs: A Great Safe & Accessible Solution
15. 4 Regular House Maintenance Tips From Expert
Author: Nicholas Kashiwagi