ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Get Help With Kitchen Design From A Remodeler
Total Articles: 29
If one is dissatisfied with one’s kitchen, then the next step is often a remodeling job. It can be a bit frustrating to try and re-configure a kitchen design, even if a person is pretty handy with a pencil and paper. Sometimes the dimensions just don’t come out right and then it’s back to the drawing board to try and come up with a design that will meet expectations. Fortunately there are some home remodeling companies that also specialize in design. These companies can offer an objective viewpoint and provide some fresh perspectives when it comes to kitchen design. Often they can do wonders with bathrooms as well. In the Philadelphia area and in adjacent communities such as Bala Cynwyd, one can find kitchen designers and remodelers that have years of experience. Often they are quite adept at installing new countertops, custom cabinets and even wood flooring. Whether one lives in Philadelphia or elsewhere, contacting a remodeling and design specialist is the first step to getting that new kitchen.
The first thing the remodelers will do is come to the home to assess the situation. Usually they will provide free estimates. It’s wise to get at least 3-4 estimates before deciding on a remodeler. There are several criteria that go into the decision to hire a remodeling company. Here are a few questions to ask: How long have they been in business? Can they point to recent jobs they’ve completed so a person can review them? What about materials; where do they get their materials from and what guarantees are associated with those? These are but a few of the questions that one should ask. If one requires some design assistance, that will open up a whole additional set of questions. Do they charge extra for design help? If so, how much is it and what is included?
Once one decides on a home remodeler, then the work begins. If it’s a kitchen remodel, that can be a messy situation and include quite a bit of inconvenience as the space likely won’t be usable for days, or even a few weeks if it is a major remodel with walls that are torn down or floors that are replaced. It’s important to prepare in advance for this and cover or remove furnishings in the kitchen and adjacent rooms as the dust from the construction can drift through the house.
Choosing a home remodeling company can take some time, but the time invested in the decision is well worth it. While even the best of intentions cannot guarantee that one will select a good home remodeler, at least some effort screening the candidates can help reduce the odds of making a poor decision. Home remodelers with design experience are companies that can offer some extra value to the homeowner and make the kitchen, bathroom or whole house remodel align with one’s vision for the home.
Paul McClintock offers his thoughts on kitchen and bath remodeling based on his time working for a Philadelphia kitchen remodeling firm.
Home and Garden Articles1. 5 Steps You Must Take Today To Ensure Your Rugs Aren’t Ruined
Author: Mike Aurtho
2. Vanities From Repurposed Furniture
Author: Litts Plumbing
3. 4 Low-maintenance Kitchen Countertops That Can Stand The Kitchen Heat
Author: Christine Delongte
4. Buy Quality Industrial Coolers Online India To Maintain Cool And Fresh Airflow In The Industrial Fac
5. Most Professional And Renowned Residential And Commercial Plumbing Contractors
Author: Jack Ronald
6. House Cleaning Is An Imperative Task To Do
Author: Monika Zuzanska
7. 4 Benefits Of Curtains, Every Homeowner Should Know
Author: Nupur Tiwari
8. Cleaning Services Without Polluting The Environment
Author: Monika Zuzanska
9. The Commercial Gas Repair Sunshine Coast Is Your One Stop Shop To Resolve All Gas System Problems
10. Barnyard Dance In The Fairy Garden
Author: Lauren Kyes
11. Pros And Cons Of Replacing A Bathtub With A Shower
Author: Mary Morris
12. Kitchen Remodel Tips To Help You Achieve Your Dream Kitchen
Author: Mary Morris
13. 10-point Guide For Choosing Reliable Residential Cleaning Services
Author: Luckie Maid
14. Method For Pest Controlling
Author: Vivek Suthar
15. Hire A Professional To Get Spotless House Cleaning Services
Author: Ethan Symes