ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Get Help With Kitchen Design From A Remodeler
Total Articles: 29
If one is dissatisfied with one’s kitchen, then the next step is often a remodeling job. It can be a bit frustrating to try and re-configure a kitchen design, even if a person is pretty handy with a pencil and paper. Sometimes the dimensions just don’t come out right and then it’s back to the drawing board to try and come up with a design that will meet expectations. Fortunately there are some home remodeling companies that also specialize in design. These companies can offer an objective viewpoint and provide some fresh perspectives when it comes to kitchen design. Often they can do wonders with bathrooms as well. In the Philadelphia area and in adjacent communities such as Bala Cynwyd, one can find kitchen designers and remodelers that have years of experience. Often they are quite adept at installing new countertops, custom cabinets and even wood flooring. Whether one lives in Philadelphia or elsewhere, contacting a remodeling and design specialist is the first step to getting that new kitchen.
The first thing the remodelers will do is come to the home to assess the situation. Usually they will provide free estimates. It’s wise to get at least 3-4 estimates before deciding on a remodeler. There are several criteria that go into the decision to hire a remodeling company. Here are a few questions to ask: How long have they been in business? Can they point to recent jobs they’ve completed so a person can review them? What about materials; where do they get their materials from and what guarantees are associated with those? These are but a few of the questions that one should ask. If one requires some design assistance, that will open up a whole additional set of questions. Do they charge extra for design help? If so, how much is it and what is included?
Once one decides on a home remodeler, then the work begins. If it’s a kitchen remodel, that can be a messy situation and include quite a bit of inconvenience as the space likely won’t be usable for days, or even a few weeks if it is a major remodel with walls that are torn down or floors that are replaced. It’s important to prepare in advance for this and cover or remove furnishings in the kitchen and adjacent rooms as the dust from the construction can drift through the house.
Choosing a home remodeling company can take some time, but the time invested in the decision is well worth it. While even the best of intentions cannot guarantee that one will select a good home remodeler, at least some effort screening the candidates can help reduce the odds of making a poor decision. Home remodelers with design experience are companies that can offer some extra value to the homeowner and make the kitchen, bathroom or whole house remodel align with one’s vision for the home.
Paul McClintock offers his thoughts on kitchen and bath remodeling based on his time working for a Philadelphia kitchen remodeling firm.
Home and Garden Articles1. Things To Consider Before Bathroom Remodeling
Author: James Luke
2. Leading Dealer And Retailer Of All Types Of Carpets In Pune
Author: Carpet House
3. Top 5 Benefits Of Owning A Kitchen Chimney
Author: Brijesh Kumar
4. Why You Should Invest In A Hot Tub?
Author: Jason Marley
5. Home Ventilation System – Proper Roof Vents For Circulation Of Air
Author: George Dean
6. Steps Taken By Packers And Movers For The Safety And Security Of Goods
7. Designer Table Covers Create A Magnificent Table Tops
8. Creative And Interesting Ideas For Home Improvement Projects
Author: Cathy Irons
9. 3 Success Tips For A Residential Interior Painting Project
Author: Christina Chen
10. 3 Tips To Buy Best Spa Suppliers For Your Luxury Day Spa
Author: Jason Marley
11. Do You Have Retractable Pergolas Installed? Here's How To Maintain It
Author: Steve Nakousis
12. Shree Karni Interior Designers In Electronic City
Author: Shree Karni
13. Contemporary Privacy Screens Suggestions To Provide You The Privacy You Need
Author: Emily Stone
14. 9 Tips In Planning A Bathroom Remodel In Phoenix
15. Cheap Furniture Movers Auckland And Their Cost Break-ups
Author: Sophie Clarck