ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Tips On Carrying Money On The Road
Total Articles: 468
The last thing someone who planned his or her trip carefully via a thorough review of cheap travel options, including cheap airplane tickets, discount hotel rooms, cheap auto rentals, cheap vacation packages, and discount travel packages, is to have cash either lost or stolen while traveling.
Though making money difficult for thieves to find makes sense, you want to be able to easily pay for things where cash is preferred without have to strip off clothes or rummage through a bag’s hidden pockets.
The following are tips for carrying money safely and efficiently while traveling, according to Smarter Travel:
• Divide your travel cash and credit cards into multiple safe spots. Remember if all of your cash is in only place, a single theft can wipe you out.
• Consider carrying cash in under clothing storage accessories. Newer options include bra stashes, long johns, underwear, and undershirts with built in pockets for safe storage. Unfortunately on-body storage is not a good wallet alternative since it takes extra time to access money from such hiding spots and other people can then see where you are hiding your money. Fanny packs often make people more vulnerable to thievery because they mark the people carrying them as tourists.
• Keep smaller denominations of currency easily accessible. Often people traveling abroad change or withdraw large amounts of money to minimize fees charged to get local currency. Before departing each morning make certain you have a variety of small bills and coins at the ready for purchases such as food and attraction entry fees. Larger bills should be hidden in an under-clothing money pouch or in a secure part of your wallet or bag.
• Carry an anti-theft bag that comes with features such as cut proof, steel cable reinforced shoulder straps, slash proof fabric, and locking zippers.
• Before departing for your trip take everything out of your wallet that you will not need while away. Not only will this allow you to travel lighter, but if your wallet ends up lost or stolen, you will have less to replace.
• Consider bringing a dummy wallet that you pack with some small bills and slip in a couple of sample credit cards that come in the mail. A dummy wallet can prevent thieves from stealing the real thing.
• The purchase of a wallet that you only use when traveling will means that your cards will have snug pockets that they will not slip out of accidentally and you will not have to go through your everyday wallet pulling out everything you will not need on the road.
• Adapt to the money culture of your destination. Some places deal almost exclusively in cash whereas much of Europe and part of Asia use chip and PIN credit card technology. In such places having a compatible credit card is useful particularly if you are trying to pump gas at an unattended metro station or at a train station after normal hours. Be aware that U.S. dollars are often an unofficial secondary currency, so it is smart to keep some American currency handy.
• Take advantage of money alternatives when in high traffic settings such as metro and bus stations. Multi use cards for public transportation frequently are available at a discount.
• Often the best way to protect your money is to leave it in a hotel in room safe. If you have a large amount of cash, you might want to ask if your hotel has a safe deposit box behind the desk.
Travel Articles1. Top Things To Know About A Luxury Bahamas Yacht Wedding
Author: Alvin Strachan
2. Embrace The Romance With Lax Limo Car Service
Author: Dylan MITCHELL
3. Thailand Travel Tours Guide The Most Wonderful Places To Visit In Thailand
Author: Thailand Tour Packages
4. Enjoy Dubai Shopping Tours
Author: Dubai Shopping Tours
5. Including All Loved Ones With A Bachelor Party In Dc Via Dc Charter Bus
Author: David WILSON
6. 5 Destinations For Day Trips From Ho Chi Minh City
Author: Le Xuan Son
7. 4 Relaxing Activities That You Must Do On Your Grand Cayman Tour
Author: Michael Leacock
8. Best Fujairah Tours Services
9. Budget Annapurna Base Camp Trek - Best For Budget Travelers
Author: Info Nepal Trekking
10. Witness Enchanting Surroundings With Cheap Holidays To Hurghada
Author: Amanda Sutcliffe
11. Acquire Legal Child Adoption Service In Nepal
12. How To Choose Your Vintage Wedding Car Hire In Dublin Smartly!
Author: Padraic O Reilly
13. How Do You Prepare For Cape Town Cycle Tour?
Author: Daily Scandinavian
14. 6 Tips For Discovering The Charisma Of Popular Nz Tour Attractions
Author: Damien McConnell
15. Enjoy The Classic Mera Peak Climbing With Your Friends And Family