ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Tips On Carrying Money On The Road
Total Articles: 468
The last thing someone who planned his or her trip carefully via a thorough review of cheap travel options, including cheap airplane tickets, discount hotel rooms, cheap auto rentals, cheap vacation packages, and discount travel packages, is to have cash either lost or stolen while traveling.
Though making money difficult for thieves to find makes sense, you want to be able to easily pay for things where cash is preferred without have to strip off clothes or rummage through a bag’s hidden pockets.
The following are tips for carrying money safely and efficiently while traveling, according to Smarter Travel:
• Divide your travel cash and credit cards into multiple safe spots. Remember if all of your cash is in only place, a single theft can wipe you out.
• Consider carrying cash in under clothing storage accessories. Newer options include bra stashes, long johns, underwear, and undershirts with built in pockets for safe storage. Unfortunately on-body storage is not a good wallet alternative since it takes extra time to access money from such hiding spots and other people can then see where you are hiding your money. Fanny packs often make people more vulnerable to thievery because they mark the people carrying them as tourists.
• Keep smaller denominations of currency easily accessible. Often people traveling abroad change or withdraw large amounts of money to minimize fees charged to get local currency. Before departing each morning make certain you have a variety of small bills and coins at the ready for purchases such as food and attraction entry fees. Larger bills should be hidden in an under-clothing money pouch or in a secure part of your wallet or bag.
• Carry an anti-theft bag that comes with features such as cut proof, steel cable reinforced shoulder straps, slash proof fabric, and locking zippers.
• Before departing for your trip take everything out of your wallet that you will not need while away. Not only will this allow you to travel lighter, but if your wallet ends up lost or stolen, you will have less to replace.
• Consider bringing a dummy wallet that you pack with some small bills and slip in a couple of sample credit cards that come in the mail. A dummy wallet can prevent thieves from stealing the real thing.
• The purchase of a wallet that you only use when traveling will means that your cards will have snug pockets that they will not slip out of accidentally and you will not have to go through your everyday wallet pulling out everything you will not need on the road.
• Adapt to the money culture of your destination. Some places deal almost exclusively in cash whereas much of Europe and part of Asia use chip and PIN credit card technology. In such places having a compatible credit card is useful particularly if you are trying to pump gas at an unattended metro station or at a train station after normal hours. Be aware that U.S. dollars are often an unofficial secondary currency, so it is smart to keep some American currency handy.
• Take advantage of money alternatives when in high traffic settings such as metro and bus stations. Multi use cards for public transportation frequently are available at a discount.
• Often the best way to protect your money is to leave it in a hotel in room safe. If you have a large amount of cash, you might want to ask if your hotel has a safe deposit box behind the desk.
Travel Articles1. Thrilling And Satisfying Wedding Road Trip Charter Bus Service Through Austin
2. Glamorize Transport For Wedding Guests With Dulles Airport Car Service
Author: Dulles Limo Service
3. Visit Bangpra International Golf Club Course Under Asian Golf Trips
Author: David Patrick
4. Best Family Cottages In Ooty
5. Achieve Wedding Transportation In Dc Impressively
Author: Saied Luliah
6. A Complete Guide To Bed And Breakfasts In Seldovia
7. Protect Your Wedding Day By Booking Cheap Limo Service
Author: Cheap Limo Service DC
8. Guide To Sardar Garh Heritage Hotel
Author: Sardargarh Heritage Hotel
9. Malta Tourist Visa For Indian Citizens
Author: svs visa services
10. The Mysterious Cambodia
Author: The mysterious Cambodia
11. Low-key, Romantic Wedding Plans With Cheap Car Service In Houston
Author: Cheap Car Service Houston
12. Make The Most Of Your Trip By Exploring Resorts Near Gurgaon For Weekends.
Author: Aravali Resorts
13. Weddings Require Suitable And Appropriate Limo Service In Dc
Author: Dc Limousine Service
14. Safaris In Tanzania
Author: Joseph Reeves
15. Arrange Easy Wedding Plans With A Competent San Diego Car Service
Author: San Diego Car Service