ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Deciding Whether To Visit Disney
Total Articles: 468
Cheap travel options, including cheap airplane tickets, discount hotel rooms and cheap vacation packages mean that a Disney vacation is within the budget constraints of many. Whether it should be your next destination depends on your point of view.
Some say “yes” and think of Disney as Mickey Mouse, princesses, magic, and fun. Happy childhood memories, a clean place where rides are safe, and Disney characters who are always happy and ready to pose for pictures makes Disney a must visit for many.
Others say “no” to Disney viewing it as a commercial machine built to sell tickets, overpriced toys, and creating stereotypes of girls as princesses. Some believe Disney symbolically represents the excesses of our extremely individualistic society.
Regardless of your position on Disney there is no question as to its popularity and influence. Its theme parks, resorts, cruises, movies, TV shows, toys, and other Disney businesses earned $11.3 billion in the last three months of 2012. Over $3 billion of that came from Disney cruises and its 11 theme parks and 43 resorts in North America, Europe, and Asia. Construction is currently underway for a theme park in Shanghai.
Disney is ranked as the third most well regarded company, topped only by Amazon and Apple, in a recent Harris Interactive survey. Fortune ranks Disney as the most admired entertainment company and ninth most admired overall.
Some view Disney as excess commercialism and prefer taking a good vacation by spending time with extended family, outdoors, and in nature. For such people paying lots of money to stand in line for fast paced, high pressure entertainment is not their idea of fun.
Spending hundreds of dollars to wait in lines and be surrounded by consumerism can be a turnoff. Some prefer a life style that is rooted in sustainability, equality, and entertainment that is independent of TV and popular media.
People tend to have strong feelings about Disney because it was a prominent part of their childhoods. Disney has touched almost everyone’s lives through its theme parks, movies, cartoons, and its many toys.
People who love Disney often speak of the perfection and happiness that it generates. Ironically that is what turns other people off seeing Disney’s “plasticness” as offensive.
Some experts recommend approaching Disney in moderation. Disney haters can do everything in their power to limit their children’s exposure to the Disney industrial Complex, but kids find ways to watch the shows, sing the songs, and be involved with all things Disney. Enjoying Disney as a family in small doses seems reasonable to many.
Travel Articles1. Numerous Benefits Of Hiring Dfw Airport Taxi Or Shuttle Service In Texas!
Author: Shaik Hossain
2. Guided Tours To The Magical Hobbiton From Tauranga
Author: Roger Simister
3. How To Enjoy Great Facilities With All Inclusive Holidays
Author: Daisy Wilkinson
4. Stylish Rides And Low Prices With Limousine Washington Dc
Author: Stylish rides and low prices with Limousine Washin
5. Plan Your Vacation To Luton Airport- Hire Great Britain Cars
Author: jack pero
6. Rajasthan’s Top Tourist Attractions To Visit In Summer Season
Author: Swati Jain
7. Travel The Unforgettable Experience Of Africa’s Amazing Botswana And Serengeti Balloon Safaris
Author: Ombeni African Safari
8. Top Places That Compel A Solo Explorer To Travel In India
Author: Aura Voyages
9. Latin America Tourism Is Booming And Tour Operator Offers The Best Advice To Get The Most Of It!
Author: Anna Avanesova
10. Book Your Hoi An Hotel From Us
Author: Ms. Emma Tran
11. Enjoy A Variety Of Benefits With All Inclusive Holidays
Author: Amanda Sutcliffe
12. 4 Things That You Can Only Buy In Turkey
13. Get Married In San Antonio With A Wedding Party Bus San Antonio
Author: Cheap Limo Service DC
14. 3 Quirkiest Bars In Melbourne That Are Straight Out Of Your Dreams
15. Wedding Guest Transportation In Phoenix Charter Bus Rental
Author: Hire Charter Bus