ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Deciding Whether To Visit Disney
Total Articles: 468
Cheap travel options, including cheap airplane tickets, discount hotel rooms and cheap vacation packages mean that a Disney vacation is within the budget constraints of many. Whether it should be your next destination depends on your point of view.
Some say “yes” and think of Disney as Mickey Mouse, princesses, magic, and fun. Happy childhood memories, a clean place where rides are safe, and Disney characters who are always happy and ready to pose for pictures makes Disney a must visit for many.
Others say “no” to Disney viewing it as a commercial machine built to sell tickets, overpriced toys, and creating stereotypes of girls as princesses. Some believe Disney symbolically represents the excesses of our extremely individualistic society.
Regardless of your position on Disney there is no question as to its popularity and influence. Its theme parks, resorts, cruises, movies, TV shows, toys, and other Disney businesses earned $11.3 billion in the last three months of 2012. Over $3 billion of that came from Disney cruises and its 11 theme parks and 43 resorts in North America, Europe, and Asia. Construction is currently underway for a theme park in Shanghai.
Disney is ranked as the third most well regarded company, topped only by Amazon and Apple, in a recent Harris Interactive survey. Fortune ranks Disney as the most admired entertainment company and ninth most admired overall.
Some view Disney as excess commercialism and prefer taking a good vacation by spending time with extended family, outdoors, and in nature. For such people paying lots of money to stand in line for fast paced, high pressure entertainment is not their idea of fun.
Spending hundreds of dollars to wait in lines and be surrounded by consumerism can be a turnoff. Some prefer a life style that is rooted in sustainability, equality, and entertainment that is independent of TV and popular media.
People tend to have strong feelings about Disney because it was a prominent part of their childhoods. Disney has touched almost everyone’s lives through its theme parks, movies, cartoons, and its many toys.
People who love Disney often speak of the perfection and happiness that it generates. Ironically that is what turns other people off seeing Disney’s “plasticness” as offensive.
Some experts recommend approaching Disney in moderation. Disney haters can do everything in their power to limit their children’s exposure to the Disney industrial Complex, but kids find ways to watch the shows, sing the songs, and be involved with all things Disney. Enjoying Disney as a family in small doses seems reasonable to many.
Travel Articles1. Finding Spot For Organizing School Picnic Has Become Easy
2. Irving Taxi Service Gives The Best Transport Service For Your Weekend Trip
Author: Irving Instant Cab
3. Choose Vacation Home Rentals Jasper Ar For Limitless Excitement
Author: Kirby Burk
4. Petra Tours - A Useful Guide For First-timers
5. Assisted Tour Package Prove As The Best To Explore The Face Of Rajasthan
Author: Colourful Indian Holidays
6. Charisma Of Affordable Christchurch Holiday Package
Author: Damien McConnell
7. Benefits To Hire Personal Driver Nyc Services
Author: Robert Anhouse
8. Show Proper Significance With A Limousine Rental In Atlanta
Author: John Anderson
9. For Covering Long Distances Choose The Premium Cab Service Provider
Author: John Watson
10. Impress The In-laws With Cheap Car Service Houston
Author: MARK Jones
11. 4 Popular And Best Foods To Eat When In South Africa
Author: Damilola Ojo
12. 4 Best Beaches In Africa
Author: Damilola Ojo
13. How To Plan Vacation Tours In Croatia
Author: Alfred Hunter
14. Stylish And Purposeful Wedding Arrangements For Limousine Service In Minneapolis
Author: john wick
15. If Planning A Home Relocation, Leave Entire Household To Moving Services Richmond Va
Author: Stewart Moving & Storage