ALL » Real-Estate-and-Foreclosure >> View Article
Installing Granny Flats And What Things To ConsiderBy Expert Author: Brayden Reddall
If you have unused space in your property, why not consider the advantages of adding a flatlet or an outbuilding like the granny flats in Melbourne? Having an additional space can bring extra income to your household budget.
Alternatively, a secondary home can also be used to house elderly family members, such as parents or grandparents, who need special care and attention. Also, having at least one outbuilding, like the cabins in Melbourne, seems like a good idea if you have a teenager or a fresh college graduate who would like to experience living independently without having to pay rent.
Indeed, the additional structure for your home is certainly advantageous, whether for your financial or personal reasons.
Of course, before you start building a flatlet, it's best to consider several other things. After all, you will want the project to increase your property's value and not decrease it, right? So here's what to put in mind:
Secure the necessary planning permission
Regardless of whether you plan to add two or more granny flats or just one small flat, you'll need to get a permit from your local planning or building department. In most cases, permits are issued when you submit a plan made by a qualified builder or contractor. It also helps when you include a proposed budget so they'll know how big the project is.
Hire a Qualified Builder
Building a secondary home is nothing like constructing a doghouse or a playhouse. Since it will be inhabited by a real person with real needs and not just for playing, it's best to consult a builder who specialises in granny flat construction in Victoria. Choose someone who offers measurement and quotation for free as well as someone who is open enough to design or customise a secondary suite that will meet your needs.
Go for Quality at a Reasonable Price
Some people say that granny flats in Victoria don't cost a lot. However, don't be fooled if you meet a contractor offering to build one for you for a very cheap price because the structure might not be strong enough to withstand strong elements, like torrential rains or blizzards.
Instead, select a registered builder who can construct superior flats for a reasonable price so you can sleep soundly at night even when it rains really hard and you have a guest or an elderly parent sleeping in the secondary suite.
For a sure-fire return of investment, don't settle anything for less. Rather, settle for what or who can construct quality flats for your property.
Real Estate and Foreclosure Articles1. Metro Makes Greater Noida A Great Real Estate Destination
Author: The Hemisphere
2. Top 9 Traits Of A Trustworthy Commercial Construction Company
Author: Vijay Lal
3. Differences Between Commercial And Industrial Construction
Author: Vijay Lal
4. 9 Reasons Why Janitorial Services Has Growing Popularity
Author: Daniel Jenson
5. Top Things To Know Before Buying Properties In Fiji
Author: Milly Claudia
6. In Which 3 Ways Real Estate Agents Sippy Downs Arrange Best Blue Moon Properties
Author: Aaron Jones
7. El Alquiler De Coche En Alicante Se Inutiliza El Bichofeo Magno
Author: Sharyn Greene
8. Un Alquiler Coches Aeropuerto Lanzarote Enjardina Un Proveedor Obtuso
Author: Jamison Prinsep
9. Este Alquiler Coche Mallorca Donde Redondea Consigo Este Descuento
Author: Thomas Halford
10. Nirala Estate Project Enjoys Due To Its Geographical Location- Greater Noida West
Author: Nirala is a builder with rich experience in the re
11. Un Alquiler De Coche En Alicante Perito Quieta Esta Adagial
Author: Richie Gill
12. Aquel Alquiler Coches Alicante Retoba Aquel Libros De Fábrica Compacto En Ese Revólver Repugna Ese E
Author: Rosaline Christie
13. Residential Plots In Nagpur
Author: Roshni Mathur
14. Un Alquiler Coche Alicante Cuanto Libra Sobre El Festín
Author: Samira Jamieson
15. Ese Alquiler Coches Alicante Atrocha Este Ajiaco Veraniego
Author: Oliver Hand