ALL >> Real-Estate-and-Foreclosure >> View Article
Installing Granny Flats And What Things To Consider
Total Articles: 1
If you have unused space in your property, why not consider the advantages of adding a flatlet or an outbuilding like the granny flats in Melbourne? Having an additional space can bring extra income to your household budget.
Alternatively, a secondary home can also be used to house elderly family members, such as parents or grandparents, who need special care and attention. Also, having at least one outbuilding, like the cabins in Melbourne, seems like a good idea if you have a teenager or a fresh college graduate who would like to experience living independently without having to pay rent.
Indeed, the additional structure for your home is certainly advantageous, whether for your financial or personal reasons.
Of course, before you start building a flatlet, it's best to consider several other things. After all, you will want the project to increase your property's value and not decrease it, right? So here's what to put in mind:
Secure the necessary planning permission
Regardless of whether you plan to add two or more granny flats or just one small flat, you'll need to get a permit from your local planning or building department. In most cases, permits are issued when you submit a plan made by a qualified builder or contractor. It also helps when you include a proposed budget so they'll know how big the project is.
Hire a Qualified Builder
Building a secondary home is nothing like constructing a doghouse or a playhouse. Since it will be inhabited by a real person with real needs and not just for playing, it's best to consult a builder who specialises in granny flat construction in Victoria. Choose someone who offers measurement and quotation for free as well as someone who is open enough to design or customise a secondary suite that will meet your needs.
Go for Quality at a Reasonable Price
Some people say that granny flats in Victoria don't cost a lot. However, don't be fooled if you meet a contractor offering to build one for you for a very cheap price because the structure might not be strong enough to withstand strong elements, like torrential rains or blizzards.
Instead, select a registered builder who can construct superior flats for a reasonable price so you can sleep soundly at night even when it rains really hard and you have a guest or an elderly parent sleeping in the secondary suite.
For a sure-fire return of investment, don't settle anything for less. Rather, settle for what or who can construct quality flats for your property.
Real Estate and Foreclosure Articles1. Service Apartment For Rent In Bangalore And Mangalore
Author: Paul Wright
2. 2 Phong Cách Thiết Kế Phòng Khách Chung Cư Eco Lake Theo Xu Hướng Trẻ Trung Của Năm 2017
Author: thiết kế phòng khách
3. Top 7 Popular Area For Best Pg’s In Bangalore ( Real Example Inside)
4. Signature Millennia Coming Up With A New Project In Gurgaon Name Signature Global The Millennia
Author: TWINKLE SINGHAL
5. Get A Premium Life At Lodha Lakeshore Greens Dombivali- Flats In Mumbai At Affordable Price
6. Right Time For Independent Living In Kelowna
Author: Adam Levine is the author of this article
7. Be New Technology Savvy & Have A Proper Business Plan
Author: National Institute of Building Technology Nashik
8. Boerne Texas Listing Agent Can Help You To Find The Best Cordillera Ranch Homes For Sale!
Author: Richmond Frasier
9. Sean Zarinegar: Going Where Opportunity Takes Him
Author: Sean Zarinegar
10. How To Find Out How Much Lease & Office Space We Need?
Author: novel office
11. Best Residential Projects In Gurgaon, Sohna Road
12. Incredible Piece Of Home Full Of Luxury And Elegance
Author: Shourya Group
13. A Perfect Home With Lavish Living Ensconced In Bountiful Comforts
Author: Shourya Group
14. Sell Your Property In Downtown Dubai
Author: Arash Jalili
15. Find Best Home Builders To Buy Your Dream Home