ALL >> Real-Estate-and-Foreclosure >> View Article
Installing Granny Flats And What Things To Consider
Total Articles: 1
If you have unused space in your property, why not consider the advantages of adding a flatlet or an outbuilding like the granny flats in Melbourne? Having an additional space can bring extra income to your household budget.
Alternatively, a secondary home can also be used to house elderly family members, such as parents or grandparents, who need special care and attention. Also, having at least one outbuilding, like the cabins in Melbourne, seems like a good idea if you have a teenager or a fresh college graduate who would like to experience living independently without having to pay rent.
Indeed, the additional structure for your home is certainly advantageous, whether for your financial or personal reasons.
Of course, before you start building a flatlet, it's best to consider several other things. After all, you will want the project to increase your property's value and not decrease it, right? So here's what to put in mind:
Secure the necessary planning permission
Regardless of whether you plan to add two or more granny flats or just one small flat, you'll need to get a permit from your local planning or building department. In most cases, permits are issued when you submit a plan made by a qualified builder or contractor. It also helps when you include a proposed budget so they'll know how big the project is.
Hire a Qualified Builder
Building a secondary home is nothing like constructing a doghouse or a playhouse. Since it will be inhabited by a real person with real needs and not just for playing, it's best to consult a builder who specialises in granny flat construction in Victoria. Choose someone who offers measurement and quotation for free as well as someone who is open enough to design or customise a secondary suite that will meet your needs.
Go for Quality at a Reasonable Price
Some people say that granny flats in Victoria don't cost a lot. However, don't be fooled if you meet a contractor offering to build one for you for a very cheap price because the structure might not be strong enough to withstand strong elements, like torrential rains or blizzards.
Instead, select a registered builder who can construct superior flats for a reasonable price so you can sleep soundly at night even when it rains really hard and you have a guest or an elderly parent sleeping in the secondary suite.
For a sure-fire return of investment, don't settle anything for less. Rather, settle for what or who can construct quality flats for your property.
Real Estate and Foreclosure Articles1. The Perfect Way To Invest In Property Mangement Buderim
Author: Peter Simons
2. Foreign Investors - Know How To Get The Cyprus Citizenship And Enjoy The Associated Benefits
Author: Chris Michael
3. Flats In Jagatpura
4. Assetz Here And Now | Pre Launch Project | Located In Rachenahalli, Bangalore
Author: Guru Raj
5. Lodha Codename Superdeal Upper Thane
Author: chetan singh
6. 6 Reasons To Forget Valleyview Apartments In Shimla And Consider Barog For Your Investment
Author: The Woods Barog
7. Finding Apartments For Sale - Tips For Buyers
8. How About Finding New Apartments For Sale
9. Beneficial Tips In Buying New Residence
10. What Are Various Residential Home Buying Tips
11. Main Points To Think About When Buying An Apartment Or Condo
12. Questions To Ask When Buying Houses
13. Aspects That Need To Impact The Buying Of Homes
14. Things You Must Know Prior To Buying A Home
15. What You Must Think About When Buying An Apartment Or Condo