ALL >> Real-Estate-and-Foreclosure >> View Article
Installing Granny Flats And What Things To Consider
Total Articles: 1
If you have unused space in your property, why not consider the advantages of adding a flatlet or an outbuilding like the granny flats in Melbourne? Having an additional space can bring extra income to your household budget.
Alternatively, a secondary home can also be used to house elderly family members, such as parents or grandparents, who need special care and attention. Also, having at least one outbuilding, like the cabins in Melbourne, seems like a good idea if you have a teenager or a fresh college graduate who would like to experience living independently without having to pay rent.
Indeed, the additional structure for your home is certainly advantageous, whether for your financial or personal reasons.
Of course, before you start building a flatlet, it's best to consider several other things. After all, you will want the project to increase your property's value and not decrease it, right? So here's what to put in mind:
Secure the necessary planning permission
Regardless of whether you plan to add two or more granny flats or just one small flat, you'll need to get a permit from your local planning or building department. In most cases, permits are issued when you submit a plan made by a qualified builder or contractor. It also helps when you include a proposed budget so they'll know how big the project is.
Hire a Qualified Builder
Building a secondary home is nothing like constructing a doghouse or a playhouse. Since it will be inhabited by a real person with real needs and not just for playing, it's best to consult a builder who specialises in granny flat construction in Victoria. Choose someone who offers measurement and quotation for free as well as someone who is open enough to design or customise a secondary suite that will meet your needs.
Go for Quality at a Reasonable Price
Some people say that granny flats in Victoria don't cost a lot. However, don't be fooled if you meet a contractor offering to build one for you for a very cheap price because the structure might not be strong enough to withstand strong elements, like torrential rains or blizzards.
Instead, select a registered builder who can construct superior flats for a reasonable price so you can sleep soundly at night even when it rains really hard and you have a guest or an elderly parent sleeping in the secondary suite.
For a sure-fire return of investment, don't settle anything for less. Rather, settle for what or who can construct quality flats for your property.
Real Estate and Foreclosure Articles1. Get Top Real Estate Developers In Bangalore
2. What To Know About Buying A House
3. Experience The High-class Lifestyle At Ariisto Celestia
Author: Nikku Sharma
4. Is Your Property Broker Cheating You?
Author: Priya Jain
5. What Documents To Check To Avoid Fraud When Buying House/property?
Author: Priya Jain
6. Shriram Chirping Woods – Chirping Happiness In Lives Of All Its Residents
Author: Sapna Singh
7. Apartments In Bellandur: Perfect Investment For Techies From Adjoining Workplaces
Author: Red Coupon
8. A Short And Easy Guide To Purchasing Property In Bulgaria
Author: Andy Turver
9. Looking To Buy Your Dream Home? Know How To Negotiate Property Purchase
Author: Priya Jain
10. Quick Guide For Selecting As Short Sale Realtor
Author: RC NC
11. Boerne Tx Homes For Sale – Get The Comparable Price With The Help Of Boerne Tx Real Estate Agent!
Author: Richmond Frasier
12. A Potent Force In Real Estate- Suninder Sandha
13. For Prime Real Estate, Istanbul Is The Premier Choice
Author: Hariom Sharan
14. The Support Of Best Luxury Home Designs For Building A Home
Author: Leila Adam
15. Reasons For The Increasing Real Estate Interest In Talegaon