ALL >> Food,-Cooking-and-Drink >> View Article
Frozen Seafood-are You Eating Safe?
Total Articles: 33
Over the past decade, there has been a substantial increase in Seafood consumption. As more and more people are getting aware of the nutritional and health benefits of seafood, it is starting to emerge as a most sought after delicacy among the masses. Consumer awareness has also played a major role in the development and growth of this market worldwide. Today there are major fishing companies who cater to this growing demand of Seafood among consumers. You can find a variety of frozen Seafood like White Shrimp, Frozen Blue Mussels, Alaska Pollock, Atlantic Cod, Golden Pompon, frozen squid and many more, easily available at a supermarket or a stall near you.
But the question is; as a consumer, are you aware of where and how your Seafood is processed? How do you know if it’s safe for consumption and really wholesome? Are these questions important?
Seafood or Frozen Seafood is considered to be a “High Risk Food” which means these types of food are more prone to the growth of bacteria and other harmful organisms that results in food poisoning. Though there are many health benefits attached to seafood, extreme caution is required in the preserving of these food items. Strict quality control procedures including proper storage with the right temperature control and protection against environmental contamination is a must.
Today most fish are flash-frozen as soon as their caught. This technique helps delay the decaying process and helps keep intact the nutritional value of the fish. Major fish suppliers take utmost care in terms of quality control and the way these Frozen Seafood’s are transported. Despite all these measures it is the customer who needs to know what he picks is safe or not.
How can you be sure?
1. Check whether the Seafood is stored properly. Normally fish should be kept at a temperature between 0-1⁰ C. Fish will survive for long if gutted. If not refrigerated, ensure that the fish is kept on a thick layer of ice which is not melting and preferably covers the fish properly.
2. When buying whole fish or fillets see that its flesh is firm and shiny and there are no signs of discolouration.
3. The gills of the fish should be bright red coloured with no milky slime.
4. The fish should not have a stale or sour odour; buy fish that smells mild and fresh.
5. If buying packed fish, read the label carefully and ensure that it has been refrigerated at the recommended temperature, check the packaging date. Make sure it isn’t old stock.
6. Inspect the package properly for any damage and avoid buying stuff with damaged packaging.
There is also a need to ensure that the Seafood is taken care of after it leaves the stall till it reaches your plate and here it’s your responsibility to take utmost care that your Seafood remains safe on its way back home and throughout. What can be done?
1. If frozen Seafood is on your shopping list get it at the end of your shopping. In that way you will reduce its time away from the refrigerator.
2.If it’s going take you more than 30 minutes to reach home, it’s advisable to store your Frozen food in a insulated bag or in some other way make sure its kept cool.
3. Once home, securely wrap and immediately place it in the freezer to prevent spread of bacteria.
So the next time when you buy your Frozen Sea food ensure that what you are eating is safe.
About the Author-
King Nestle International Company specializes in supplying the highest quality sea food products (such as vannamei white shrimp, frozen tilapia fillets, Alaska Pollock fish, etc.) They proudly present their seafood industry (Golden Pompano) services that can add extra value to the commercial markets. Their highly dedicated customer service will give the confidence and pleasure working with them.
Food, Cooking and Drink Articles1. Meal Delivery Toronto – Using Technology To Get Cooked Food
Author: oliver shin
2. A Brand That You Can Trust: Sunimpex
Author: Himanshu Sen
3. Green Tea:- Remedy For All The Health Problems
Author: Abhishek Dixit
4. Feel Good By Searching American Foods In The Streets Of London
Author: Mathew Gomes
5. Join Teafloor Monthly Tea Box Subscription
6. 10 Best Breakfast Around The World
Author: Dominik Banzon
7. Why Health Conscious Use Organic Fertilizers For Their Plants
8. Where To Find Wholesale Vape Mods And The Newest Mod Technology
Author: Ben Oesterling
9. The Margarita Truck And The Science And Art Of Margarita Making
Author: Justin Prietto
10. For Events In Beverly Hills And Malibu, Taco Catering Cuts It
Author: Justin Prietto
11. Avocado: A Vital Component Of Tacos And Taco Cart Catering
Author: Justin Prietto
12. 5 Myths About Pizza That Are Simply Bogus
Author: Laurie Hekeik
13. Alcohol Delivery Singapore – Enhancing The Party Pleasures Of Singaporeans!
Author: Vicky Mamoria
14. Get Your Kids Hooked On Veggies And Fruits
Author: Karen Williams
15. These Are The Qualities That Make A Good Restaurant Stand Out
Author: Nadia Turov