ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
A Short Guide To Selection Of Wood For Bon-fire
Total Articles: 200
Bon fire is used to enliven a late night party in winters and is a most important part of garden edging.One can enhance the look of his/her garden with smartedge. It is one of the most enjoyable experiences of life. But the main task is to light the bon-fire, it seem easy but actually it takes a lot of hard work. The type of wood you select for lighting bon-fire can increase the fun of your party or completely ruin it. Here are a few tips on how to choose the right wood for bon-fire:
" You need to select a wood, which is easily flammable and safe at the same time. The type and size of wood will play a significant role in lightning the campfire. The wood should be long enough that you are able to heap it among other pieces forming a pyramid like structure. There should be some space left between the woods for air circulation, as air has great influence on the camp-fire.
" The wood you select should be free from dangerous elements like staples, screw, nails or any other metallic item. When the fire lights up and is on the extreme of heat, metallic items can have bad effects. Thus, make sure you remove any unnecessary item from the wood before lighting it.
" The wood should be completely dry otherwise you will never be able to light it up. Apart from that wet wood can create explosion. However, you may use wet wood by taking few steps like, add few small gravels or stones in the foundation of pit and make use of some paper garbage to light the fire. This will start the process of evaporation of water from the wet woods. Thus, reducing its moisture.
Here are a few options of wood you should use for bonfire.
" Elm wood is a bit hard to split and does not burn well. This can be used only if you do not have any other option.
" Ironwood or hornbeam wood is one of the best choices as it burns easily and lasts longer. But unfortunately, they are found scarcely, so instead of cutting down a tree, gather wood from a dead tree.
" Oak tree is another very good wood for bonfire only if it has been well-seasoned. Once you have taken care of this, it will give you warm and consistent fire.
" Red maple wood is easy to split and dries faster. The fire started with this wood is pretty slow but takes on pace after some time.
Home and Garden Articles1. Essential To Look At The Following 3 Features To Get Cream Chargers Cheap
Author: Kathy Richy
2. Do's & Don'ts Of Diy Tile Installation
Author: Mike Aurtho
3. The Guide To Hiring Reliable Local Movers In New York
Author: Michael Holden
4. Why Is Corectec Plus Flooring Special?
Author: Kaiser holder
5. How To Find Best Supplier Of Security Screens & Doors In Sunshine Coast
Author: Kerry Reimers
6. Why You Should Consider Quartz Countertops For Your Kitchen Renovation
Author: Mary Morris
7. Hire Vacate Cleaning Perth Services For Full Bond Amount Return
8. Why Glass Balcony Balustrades Are So Adorable These Days
Author: John Carlos
9. Steps To Take Before You Call A Termite Inspection Penrith
Author: Alicia Brett
10. Bringing The Best Out Of Your Employees With Paint Colors
Author: Adam lee
11. Before You Clean Your Home, Think Twice
Author: Ethan Symes
12. Professional, Affordable And Reliable Plumbing Repair And Setup Assistance
Author: Kelly M. Russum
13. Why Choose Aluminium Shutters
Author: Apollo Blinds
14. Tree Cutter Service, Trimming Stump Removal And Landscaping Rocks - Odessa, Tx
Author: Vernell Fobbs We provide the one-stop solution for
15. 4 Most Popular Kids Wall Murals In 2017
Author: Albert Costa