ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
A Short Guide To Selection Of Wood For Bon-fire
Total Articles: 200
Bon fire is used to enliven a late night party in winters and is a most important part of garden edging.One can enhance the look of his/her garden with smartedge. It is one of the most enjoyable experiences of life. But the main task is to light the bon-fire, it seem easy but actually it takes a lot of hard work. The type of wood you select for lighting bon-fire can increase the fun of your party or completely ruin it. Here are a few tips on how to choose the right wood for bon-fire:
" You need to select a wood, which is easily flammable and safe at the same time. The type and size of wood will play a significant role in lightning the campfire. The wood should be long enough that you are able to heap it among other pieces forming a pyramid like structure. There should be some space left between the woods for air circulation, as air has great influence on the camp-fire.
" The wood you select should be free from dangerous elements like staples, screw, nails or any other metallic item. When the fire lights up and is on the extreme of heat, metallic items can have bad effects. Thus, make sure you remove any unnecessary item from the wood before lighting it.
" The wood should be completely dry otherwise you will never be able to light it up. Apart from that wet wood can create explosion. However, you may use wet wood by taking few steps like, add few small gravels or stones in the foundation of pit and make use of some paper garbage to light the fire. This will start the process of evaporation of water from the wet woods. Thus, reducing its moisture.
Here are a few options of wood you should use for bonfire.
" Elm wood is a bit hard to split and does not burn well. This can be used only if you do not have any other option.
" Ironwood or hornbeam wood is one of the best choices as it burns easily and lasts longer. But unfortunately, they are found scarcely, so instead of cutting down a tree, gather wood from a dead tree.
" Oak tree is another very good wood for bonfire only if it has been well-seasoned. Once you have taken care of this, it will give you warm and consistent fire.
" Red maple wood is easy to split and dries faster. The fire started with this wood is pretty slow but takes on pace after some time.
Home and Garden Articles1. Qualities To Keep In Mind While Selecting Wallpapers In India
2. Small Bathroom Designs That Make Them Seem Large
Author: sunita arvind
3. Why It Is Important To Choose A Sleeping Mattress Carefully?
Author: Ahmed Ali
4. Create Your Home Bar For The Best Relaxing Experience
Author: Luis Alderman
5. Buy Best Room Ac, Air Conditioner 1.5 Ton Online At Attractive Prices
Author: Divya Sharma
6. Tips For Selecting Furniture For Your New Home
Author: Michael Daniels
7. Small Room Reworking Solutions
Author: Reliable Home Contractors
8. 7 Questions About Plant Breeder Services Every Gardener Should Ask
Author: Paul Gooderham
9. 8 Important Dump Cart Safety Tips
Author: Michael Foley
10. Advice Pertaining To Getting Any Locksmith.
Author: Bob Smith
11. What Is The Pool Compliance Checklist For A Safe Pool?
Author: Carol Donvito
12. Buy Home Decoration Items Online
Author: Nishant Sahu
13. 10 Doubts You Should Clarify About Builders
Author: Mark Trescothic
14. Choosing Flowers For Special Occasions
Author: Ross Barkely
15. The Interior Designers In Bangalore Realize Your Dream Home Within Your Budget