ALL >> Shopping-Product-Reviews >> View Article
Tips For Playing The Doumbek
Total Articles: 6
The doumbek is an exciting instrument to play. The best thing about it is that it is quite easy to learn. Before you learn how to play, you need to ensure that you get one in excellent condition.
The doumbek is an exciting instrument to play. The best thing about it is that it is quite easy to learn. Before you learn how to play, you need to ensure that you get one in excellent condition. Therefore, you need to shop for genuine handmade doumbeks. When seeking a supplier, you should ensure that they deal in genuine products from factory as well. The names for the doumbek are different and sometimes they might be referred to as darbuka.
The next thing you need to do is find the right instrument for you. Doumbeks come in different sizes and weight. If you are petite, you might consider getting a light doumbek that is not so big. You can also use the inches of the skin to help you settle on one. When you are shopping online, you can see the gallery for the prices of the doumbeks. There are some on offer or discounts that you can get at lower prices and save some money.
Once you have secured a good doumbek, then you need to learn how to play it. There are websites that show you how to play. There are different doumbeks, so you need to learn how to play the particular type you have. There are websites that have sound samples where you get to hear how your instrument should sound. This is the best way to learn how to play and check if you are doing the right thing or not. You can also use this to make adjustments.
There are also video tutorials for every doumbek. These allow you to see how to hold and play the doumbeks. It is essential to have the right posture if you are going to play well. Doumbeks are held across the left leg for those who are right handed and on the right leg for the left handed people. However, this is not the only way you can hold it. There are different ways of holding it so that you can vary the sound. For example, you can also choose to hold it between your knees.
The video lesson helps you see how the professionals do it and you can imitate that. You can also get some beats from the video lessons if you have no idea what to play. After you have mustered the art of playing, you can start making your own tunes. For you to become good at playing the doumbek, you will need a lot of practice. After a few weeks of regular playing, you will realize that you are more at ease and producing quality rhythms.
The doumbek is normally played along with dancers. You need to learn the basic rhythms that the dancers can enjoy. When playing, you need to be in tune with the dancers. Keep your eye on them and check whether you are going too slow or too fast. An expert doumbek player can adjust the play tempo to suit the dancers without losing concentration. However, you should not keep changing the rhythm every few seconds since this will turn the music into noise.
Shopping/Product Reviews Articles1. The A To Z Of Smoking Pipes For A Beginner
Author: Samil Sermet
2. Advice For Selling Gold Jewelry
Author: Kevin Smith
3. Surface Book Promo Code 2017 For The Ultimate Laptop For Computing Needs
Author: Christine Bleakley
4. Discover The Many Benefits And Advantages Of Getting The Right Beading Supplies
Author: Beading Supplies
5. Finding Beautiful Bridesmaid Dresses Nz On A Budget
6. Connect The People With Vodafone Mobile Network
Author: Vedprakash Singh
7. Get To Choose And Send Attractive Birthday Gifts To India Via A Reputed Online Store
Author: Deepak Gupta
8. Look Trendy With Latest Fashion Accessories
Author: Sam u
9. What You Need To Know About Tongue Piercing?
Author: Steve Smith
10. Find The Best Waist Trainer Online That Can Help You Achieve The Best Shape Of Your Waist
11. What’s A Kippah & The Spiritual Beliefs Behind It?
12. Affordable Gifts To Send On Ugadi And Gudi Padwa Online India
13. Things To Consider While Hiring Repairers
Author: Crcustom Services
14. Hiring Promising Repair Services Systematically
Author: Crcustom Services
15. Different Types Of Gemstone Trends In Handmade Gemstone Jewellery
Author: Lucas Lawrence