ALL >> Business >> View Article
The Woo Group To Create Aggressive Frontier Market Fund
Total Articles: 24
Jul. 19, 2013 - HONG KONG -- CEO Jason Woo at The Woo Group this morning announced the Company is to develop an aggressive managed fund comprised of frontier market equity. “Whether the fund is to be comprised of single equities only or various asset groups is yet to be decided” said Mr. Woo. Further specific information on the fund is to be made available to the investment community in September.
Frontier markets are a subset of the emerging markets, characterized as having smaller market capital and less liquidity than the more developed emerging markets. When a country is given the frontier label, it is believed that in time it will gain liquidity and exhibit similar risk and return characteristics to the more developed emerging markets. The majority of frontier markets are located in the Middle East, Eastern Europe, and Latin America. In the coming years, these markets will synchronize like the emerging markets of India, China, and Russia.
CEO Mr. Jason Woo said “We believe at The Woo Group that investing in frontier assets will help to diversify our clients’ portfolios and reduce overall risk”. There are limited well managed options for investors in frontier markets; The Woo Group wants to fill this gap in the investor´s market. This type of investment is for clients who are looking for a long term investment, more than ten years, and not adverse to risk.
Since the beginning of the year, frontier markets have been outperforming emerging markets, and are up more than 20% according to MSCI Frontier Market Index.
“We have identified a number of projects in frontier markets that we expect to be extremely profitable for our clients. I am most excited by the potential of our Iraqi oil wells, and our South African diamond mines.
As we as a community invest in frontier markets commodities, we also need to invest in the infrastructure of these developing nations. Current plans include a number of green power plants and telecommunication networks. These will not only be profitable, but ethical investments as well,” said Head of Investment Analysis, Dr. Lian Cheung.
About The Company
The Woo Group is privately owned and funded by the Woo family here in Hong Kong; we have no shareholders or investors.
The Woo Group was established in 2002 by the founding fathers Jon and Jason Woo, of the Hong Kong Woo family, whose enormous wealth and expertise in the financial industry ensured immediate success, which The Woo Group continues to enjoy today.
In its infancy The Woo Group employed only 15 members of staff, a number that has now grown to over 800 making The Woo Group the largest, not to mention most prestigious equity research house in Hong Kong.
Business Articles1. Brilliant Advice For Your Start-up
Author: Carl Frederic Sealey
2. A New Life In Alanya/turkey
3. A Startup’s Quick Guide For Finding Tax And Accounting Services
Author: Hampry Gomes
4. Get Best Quality Fruits Gift Hampers Online
5. Castle Hill Best Indian Restaurant
6. Leaftrend – Ecofriendly Disposable Palm Leaf Plates, Wedding And Party Plates- 7 Inch Square Flat Pa
Author: Jane cristina
7. Signage | Box Up Signage| Digital Printing |dot2dot
8. Dosti Is Trusted Packers And Movers In Pune
9. Vinyl Windows Okc – Why It Is A Much Preferred Option For Homeowners
Author: Mark Sipla
10. 3 Benefits Of Using A Convertible Hand Truck
11. Optimizing Time Using The “beforehand” Technique
Author: NetZealous LLC, DBA TrainHR
12. Exotic Experience With Bar And Grill
Author: pied Piper
13. What Are The Video Conferencing Perks For The Retail Sector?
14. All That You Need For Understanding Your Customers Today
Author: Surabhi Joshi
15. What Are The Mechanical Design Requirements For Electric Hoists?
Author: Mahi Sheth