ALL >> Business >> View Article
The Woo Group To Create Aggressive Frontier Market Fund
Total Articles: 24
Jul. 19, 2013 - HONG KONG -- CEO Jason Woo at The Woo Group this morning announced the Company is to develop an aggressive managed fund comprised of frontier market equity. “Whether the fund is to be comprised of single equities only or various asset groups is yet to be decided” said Mr. Woo. Further specific information on the fund is to be made available to the investment community in September.
Frontier markets are a subset of the emerging markets, characterized as having smaller market capital and less liquidity than the more developed emerging markets. When a country is given the frontier label, it is believed that in time it will gain liquidity and exhibit similar risk and return characteristics to the more developed emerging markets. The majority of frontier markets are located in the Middle East, Eastern Europe, and Latin America. In the coming years, these markets will synchronize like the emerging markets of India, China, and Russia.
CEO Mr. Jason Woo said “We believe at The Woo Group that investing in frontier assets will help to diversify our clients’ portfolios and reduce overall risk”. There are limited well managed options for investors in frontier markets; The Woo Group wants to fill this gap in the investor´s market. This type of investment is for clients who are looking for a long term investment, more than ten years, and not adverse to risk.
Since the beginning of the year, frontier markets have been outperforming emerging markets, and are up more than 20% according to MSCI Frontier Market Index.
“We have identified a number of projects in frontier markets that we expect to be extremely profitable for our clients. I am most excited by the potential of our Iraqi oil wells, and our South African diamond mines.
As we as a community invest in frontier markets commodities, we also need to invest in the infrastructure of these developing nations. Current plans include a number of green power plants and telecommunication networks. These will not only be profitable, but ethical investments as well,” said Head of Investment Analysis, Dr. Lian Cheung.
About The Company
The Woo Group is privately owned and funded by the Woo family here in Hong Kong; we have no shareholders or investors.
The Woo Group was established in 2002 by the founding fathers Jon and Jason Woo, of the Hong Kong Woo family, whose enormous wealth and expertise in the financial industry ensured immediate success, which The Woo Group continues to enjoy today.
In its infancy The Woo Group employed only 15 members of staff, a number that has now grown to over 800 making The Woo Group the largest, not to mention most prestigious equity research house in Hong Kong.
Business Articles1. Voluntary Administration Experts Help You Navigate Through The Financial Crisis
Author: Thomas Dawson
2. Trash Tips For Consumers
Author: Kevin Smith
3. Bulk Sms Service - Bulk Sms Provider
4. Wise Upgrade For Ip Surveillance Networks
Author: Argus Filch
5. Private Limited Company Registration
6. Learn How To Design Your Business Card Easily And Effectively
7. How About The Magnesium Oxide Used For Thermal Conducting Filler?
Author: hu Allen
8. How To Properly Ventilate Your Home Until The Smoke Cleaning Services In Canton Arrive
Author: Kevin Smith
9. Top 5 Benefits Of Buying New Office Furniture
Author: Iron Age Office
10. How To Get Accolades For Arranging A Well-managed Corporate Event?
Author: Manish Singh Khatri
11. Exclusive Online Resource For No Guarantor Bad Credit Loans
Author: Andrew Edmonds
12. Silk Laminated Business Cards And Next Day Business Card Printing
Author: Vikram Kumar
13. Professional Home Builders Can Offer The Best Home Buying Experience According To Your Preferences
14. Reasons To Hire An Marketing Company In Chicago
Author: Emilie Nicolas is the author of this article.
15. Installing The Correct Floor And Light Panels Australia For Your Home
Author: Reza Rahnamaei