ALL >> General >> View Article
What Makes A Good Résumé?
Total Articles: 1
More often than not, your résumé offers prospective employers and staffing agencies the first glimpse into your background. It is therefore very important to write your résumé in a way that impresses the recruiter or staffing agency at first glance. A résumé is not just about providing information about you and your achievements. It is in fact a tool you can use to sell yourself.
Your résumé should provide all information about you in a clear and concise manner. Important information that you should include in your résumé are:
· Personal details like name, and date of birth. (Do not add nationality, religion, date of birth or other confidential information).
· Contact details – address, mobile, and home numbers and email address.
· Educational background – apart from basic education, include only relevant information.
· Experience – include experience relevant to the job you are applying for.
Your résumé should be an easy read. If you have lengthy paragraphs providing lots of information, it is likely that your résumé may not be read in detail or even not read at all!
It is better to tabulate as much information as you can so that your qualifications and achievements are visible at a glance, and the interviewer can make a quick judgment about your ability.
Your résumé should not be more than a couple of pages long. Lengthy résumés make for boring reading. If you are young, one page should be sufficient to cover all your qualifications and achievements. If you are older and highly experienced, only include achievements which are relevant to the job you are pitching for.
Focus on the job
As far as résumés go, one size does not fit all. Your résumé should be tailor made for the job you are applying for. Ask for a job profile from the recruiter if possible and then decide what you want to put in your résumé.
Make the job profile the focal point of your résumé. Position it somewhere near the centre of the page which is where the recruiter’s eyes are likely to fall first. Format it differently, and highlight it so that it immediately attracts the attention of the reader.
Expressing your achievements as numbers is a good idea as it gives the recruiter a chance to compare your statistics with those of other candidates for the position. Numbers are easier to read and comprehend than text. They give a clear measure of your achievements.
If you choose to add an “objective”, make this specific to the job you are applying for. Avoid generic and vague statements like “To secure a position where I can utilize all my skills and potential”. For example, if you are interested in forklift jobs, choose something like “To secure a position as a Shipper Receiver where I can apply my 5 years of inventory management and 7 years of forklift experience.”
For more information about staffing agency, please visit http://www.ablemployment.com/
General Articles1. Leading Trial Lawyer Selected For Fourth Year For Civil Trial College Faculty
2. The Right Decorator To Make Your Wedding Dazzle
3. The Best Sports Equipment Manufacturer To Help Your Dreams Sour High
Author: Shekhar Bhalla
4. Grab Your Opportunity To Get Best Ca Cpt Coaching In Chandigarh
Author: Jyoti Sandhu
5. Oil India Recruitment 2017
Author: Oil India Recruitment 2017
6. Luxury Furniture Designer Collection To Be Sold At Auction By Cravt Original
7. Bank Of India Recruitment 2017 Notification
Author: Bank of India Recruitment 2017 Notification Apply
8. Automation Jitters In The It Sector –to Be Worried Or Neh?
Author: Dibya Prakash
9. Sap Production Planning(pp) Online Training
Author: Sap PP Online Training
10. Home Developers, New Home Construction, Interior Design Kitchen Remodel - Nm
Author: Joe Thomas
11. Hamilton Jazzmaster Viewmatic Automatic Open Heart H32565555 Men’s Watch| Consistent, Masterful Work
Author: Jasson C
12. The 5 Essentials Of Sap Crm Cloud Integration
Author: Sandeep Arora
13. How To Choose Locksmith
14. How Is The Sap Ecommerce Platform Beneficial?
Author: Sandeep Arora
15. Air Conditioning In Sydney-globalrez