ALL >> Business >> View Article
The Story Of The Answering Service San Diego Community Have Utilized
Total Articles: 323
The advent of the telephone seems like a miraculous discovery, but once it gained wide spread usage it created a new problem that people had never thought of before. If one called someone and they did not answer, then how would the person they called know that they had called. Back in those olden days there were not anything like the machines available today that answer the phone and allow people to leave messages. Knowing this could be a concern to some people she knew, an older woman was moved to create the answering service San Diego professional business people and doctors used for many years.
Margaret Smith has been credited as being the woman who started the first answering service. This she did from her bed as she was unable to move around like she had in her younger years. One of her favorite items was the phone she kept by her bedside. She had noticed that when her doctors came to see her they would not be able to handle the telephone calls that came into their office or home. She figured out a way for these doctors to be able to get messages.
Mr. Smith started to ask the doctors if they would like someone who could answer the phone and take messages for them. A few of the doctors thought this was a god idea and decided to hire her as their official person to answer their calls. She kept abreast of where the doctors would be on any given day and made sure that the received their messages.
In 1923, the Mrs. Smiths Doctors Exchange was formed and a new industry was given birth. She was able to last two years before she succumbed to her ailments and passed away. Her children decided to keep the operation going in her absence.
In the 1930s they started to offer their service to other business people. As the amount of businesses grew that used phones, so did the need for someone to answer it when customers or clients called. This company filled a niche that few others were doing at the time.
The Great Depression has an adverse effect on the fortunes of the nation and the world. However, the depression also proved to have a beneficial affect on the company Mrs.Smith founded. This happened because her son could not find any work during these dark economic days and caused him to focus on the business his mother started.
Eventually others would enter the fledgling industry and try to replicate the results of the Smith family. These businesses started appearing all over the United States and in different parts of the world. Thousands of workers would find themselves answering calls and taking messages.
There are still some operations that utilize operators to handle incoming calls. But the answering service San Diego doctors once new has been replaced in large part by new technologies. Receiving messages can be done easily from just about anywhere with equipment that is available today.
If there is a need for answering services for small businesses, you can find help here at our home pages today. You can click on the links for descriptions and qualifications at http://www.bcanswering.com now.
Business Articles1. Which Steps Are To Be Followed To Ensure Efficient Wastewater Recycling System
Author: Steve Cherng
2. Valhalla Mining Offers: What We Offer And Who We Are
3. Should I Invest In Bitcoin In 2017? Here’s What You Need To Know
4. Our Cryptocurrency Exchange And Bitcoin Mining Services Are The Best
5. How Does Cryptocurrency Ming And Bitcoin Mining Work?
6. Valhalla Mining - Service Overview, Technology, For Sellers, For Buyers The Benefits Of Cryptocurren
7. Can You Make Profit With Bitcoin And Cryptocurrency Mining? Is Bitcoin Mining And Cryptocurrency Min
8. A Beginners Guide To Cryptocurrency Mining: What Should You Know?
9. Popular Established Sites That Appreciate Bitcoins And Cryptocurrency Mining.
10. Disadvantages Of Cryptocurrency Mining
11. 4 Reasons Why Merchandising Plays An Important Role In Retail Sales
Author: Lily Alvin
12. Have You Ever Read About Digital Currency Mining?
13. Buying And Investing In Cryptocurrency
14. Elucidation Of Bitcoin Cloud Mining
15. Get Better Returns Than Stock Market And Real Estate Through Bitcoin Mining