ALL >> Legal >> View Article
The Type Of Lawyer You Want To Be
Total Articles: 43
So, you want to be a lawyer. Actually, you are going to study a pre-law course when you graduate high school—a major in political science maybe or in other communication and social science courses. That’s great! Law is a challenging line of work for most, but I am sure that you will sail through it quite smoothly. Of course, I’m just kidding. Law school is pure torture. And the years after you have graduated won’t be any easier either. But hey, that’s your passion, right? If you don’t give it a try now, you will end up wondering for the rest of your life. Besides, you love law and politics, I’m sure you will get through. You will not choose your specialized practice until your later years in law school. So, it will be better if you do yourself a favor and think about what kind of lawyer you really want to be and start preparing now. Here’s some heads up.
Oh, yes. The corporate lawyer. If you want to get rich immediately, then I suggest you focus on this field. Although you will mostly defend allegedly guilty CEOs here, at least you will have the money to buy that house you have always dreamed of. Just don’t pay attention to your conscience and moral values and you are good to go.
I have always thought of criminal lawyers as the most badass of the lot. Just the thought of them dealing with criminal cases and criminal minds (and not some corporate scandal or family feud) is already worth a dramatic slow clap. You just have to be always ready to defend criminals. You cannot choose who your client is, especially if you are working on a firm. You are assigned a case. You deal with it.
If you choose family law, you will have lesser stress than the other lawyers who chose criminal or corporate law. You will basically be dealing with family misunderstandings and you will also draft family Constitutions. However, even though this field brings lesser stress, be assured that you will encounter more drama. I tell you. You will usually end taking the role of a guidance counselor. When there is family problem, there is drama. Well, if you love shedding light to dramatic problems in the family, you will definitely dig this job.
Divorce law kind of operates like family law. Just think of it as a specialized, framed specialization on the family drama. Divorce lawyers have to be sympathetic and understanding when it comes to handling their client’s case. Most of these cases involve money and properties from both sides. So, believing that you will have to face this problem more than twice in your career, you have to learn how to negotiate to other lawyers and try to find more reasonable alternatives to every situation. Divorce may seem like a simple thing, but it is actually very complicated. Even more so if your client has internal conflicts with the other party in a given situation.
Tina Jones is the author of this article on family lawyer. Know more about family lawyer Maryland here.
Legal Articles1. 7 Keys To Improving Lead Conversion For Personal Injury Lawyers
2. Hire Drug Possession Lawyer Houston To Safeguard Your Constitutional Rights
3. For Child Support Issues, Consult The Springfield Missouri Child Support Lawyers In Greene County
Author: Kirk C. Stange, Esq.
4. Why Is It Important To Contact An Attorney In Phoenix?
5. Overview Of The Ins And Outs Of Settling A Car Accident Claim In Scottsdale
6. Seattle Insurance Lawyer To Settle Accident Claims
Author: Chris Thayer
7. Four Crucial Complications That Can Result Immediately After Ivc Filter Transplant
Author: Nick Feizy
8. Who Do I Sue After A Car Accident In Tucson?
9. Check Criminal Records
10. Knowing More About Forfeiture And Bail Bonds
Author: Emily Stone
11. What Does It Take To Hire A Car Accident Attorney
Author: ABetter UCBD
12. Requirements For Proving “inability To Present The Case” - Enforcement Of Foreign Awards
Author: S Ravi Shankar
13. Amazing Guide To Hire The Accident Attorney
Author: Chris Thayer
14. Can You Still Recover Damages - If You Were Not Wearing A Seatbelt
15. St Louis Missouri Divorce Lawyers Can Help You Rebuild Your Life
Author: kirk c stange