ALL >> Education >> View Article
How To Write Your Marketing Leaflet
Total Articles: 35
Writing those words that sell your product can be made easy if you follow a few basic principles.
• Do you have a basic idea?
Have a basic idea of what it is you want before you even begin. To get some ideas go through marketing material that is in your newspaper, in your letterbox, in fact, anywhere. It does not have to be your product; you are looking for the style, layout and you find easy to read and gives you the message clearly and concisely. Are images used and design such as colour?
It's a good idea to find something that you don't like. Perhaps the text is too crowded, perhaps the message is unclear, and perhaps the image is blurry. Once you look critically at some of the marketing material that is around, you will be surprised how your opinion starts to shape.
• How do you want it to look?
Think about how you want your marketing material to look-maybe a short leaflet, or a booklet perhals; after all it is going to relate to cost. If you are doing it yourself, you probably need it simple, with maybe an image of your product and some great words to go along side.
• Do you know how many words to write?
Have a look on your 'ideal leaflet' and count the words. There you have your word count.
• How long should your sentences be?
Check out the sentence length of your 'idea leaflet'. A few simple guidelines could be if it is read under 20 seconds, maybe short sentences of less than 10 words would be good. If you have decided on something a little more, don't go over 15 words per sentence. Avoid long sentences-unless you are an accomplished writer and think your readers are going to sit down and spend time unravelling your maybe confusing messages.
• Think about the benefits to your customers?
Your customers are only going to be interested in the benefit to them of your product. They will want their life made better, easier than and at as little cost as possible. Take the time to sit down and list the benefits and then maybe pick only a couple of the better ones.
• Got an image?
Use an image that is clear. Pictures tell a thousand words and most readers will spend more time on an image that spells out your message. Take the time and obtain one that they can relate to.
• Write your words
Don't use jargon, cliches or industry based words. Your readers want friendly, easy to use words that are not excessive, get to the point and tell them your message.
After you are done, take a red pen and read it again. Underline your main points. Anything not underlined, can probably go.
Put it aside for at least 24 hours and read it again next day; double check for spelling, typos, bad punctuation and missed words in your sentences..
There it's almost done!
• Get feedback
Give it to some friends or family who will give you honest feedback. Give them a test and ask them what is your key message.
Check each word. You will be amazed at many words you misspell. Your readers will judge you harshly if there are spelling mistakes.
Good luck with it.
Education Articles1. Industrial Safety Online Course
Author: Somiya khatun
2. Intensive Chinese Language Program Shanghai – Become The Master Of The Language
Author: Michel Kern
3. How Primavera Training Program Is Beneficial For Your Career Growth?
4. How Is The Future Of Ios Developer In Today's Technology?
5. Ibm Mdm Online Training
Author: ukumari VirtualNuggets
6. The Online Oracle Interview Questions Help In Your Interview Preparation
7. 10 Most Common Mistakes Every Beginner Java Programmer Makes
8. How Is Ms Ramaiah Institute Of Technology In Terms Of Placements, Ranking, Fees And Admissions?
9. Top Ways To Know How Digital Marketing Grow Your Business Online
Author: Vishal Varma
10. Best Techniques And Tactics For Sales And Marketing Coach
Author: Sanjay Burman
11. Sales And Marketing Strategy By Synture Group For Small Businesses
Author: Mrs. Manushree Soni
12. Best Education Channels In India – Enriching The Students Future
Author: Nitesh Sharma
13. Problems With Programs And The Law Of Attraction
Author: Shannon Panzo
14. Enrol Into An Ielts Coaching Class To Derive Meritorious Results In English
Author: Jackson Snowball
15. Get Familiarize With The Key Benefits Of Cbap Training Program