ALL >> Education >> View Article
Article Marketing Success: Avoiding Spelling And Grammar Issues In The Article Body
Total Articles: 34
In order to have article marketing success, you need to create content that publishers find valuable and want to share with their readers. You may have thought that all you need to do is write and submit an article, and then you're home free, but there's actually a bit more to it than that.
After you submit your article, the publisher will review it before deciding to publish it on his or her website. This practice holds true for all types of publishers, whether it's an article directory, blog, ezine, or some other type of website. Each publisher has standards for the content that he or she publishes and will determine editorial guidelines based on what they require.
Most publishers will have quality requirements for the article body having to do with spelling and grammar. This is an important issue, as an article that has numerous spelling and grammar errors is not only difficult to read but also comes off as being of poor quality. This type of sub-par article also reflects badly on the author and the publisher.
Not all publishers have the same guidelines, but here are some common ones that I've noticed from working in the article submission field for many years:
* Most publishers aren't expecting perfection. They may let one or two typos slip through, or they may be willing to overlook a few misplaced commas, but one thing they do not want is a poorly written article that has errors throughout.
* Errors in the title and toward the beginning of the article are more noticeable and can result in article declines more often than errors at the end of an article. Not that it's good to have mistakes anywhere in your article, but you especially want to pay attention to the grammar and spelling in your title and the first half of your article.
* Editors are not the only ones to consider--readers also notice article quality and they will form an impression of you based on the type of content that you create.
* The main reason to spend time proofreading your article is that you want to produce content that you can be proud of and that reflects well on you and your business. If you do happen to get a sub-par article accepted for publication on a website, you haven't gotten away with anything. Readers will still be seeing that content and associating its quality (or lack of quality) with you and your business.
* You cannot rely on automated spelling and grammar checkers to alert you to problems with your article. These type of tools routinely miss glaringly obvious mistakes.
The only way to avoid spelling and grammar issues in your articles is to proofread your articles thoroughly. Here are some tips for doing so:
1 - You will find it helpful to give yourself a break of at least 24 hours after completing your article before you proofread it. If you're lucky enough to have a friend who writes well, it's an even better idea to run your article past him or her.
2 - It's also helpful to read your article aloud, deliberately and slowly. Alternatively, if you have a MS Word program that offers the "Speak text-to-speech feature", you can have your computer "read" your article back to you to help you zero in on any mistakes.
3 - Another very useful strategy is to change the font color, font style, and font size before proofreading your article. Doing so helps you to see your article with fresh eyes, and that will help you to pick up on errors.
I know that proofreading is not the most thrilling topic, but it's just a natural part of creating content for others to read. It takes a little extra time and effort, but you'll receive a payoff not only with publishers but with readers as well.
Education Articles1. Cheap Pte Training Helps You Score Good For Immigration Or Applying To Universities Abroad
2. Microsoft Certifications Can Help You Fulfil Your Career Objectives!
Author: Multisoft Virtual Academy
3. Best Online Education System
Author: sana javed
4. Five Factors To Consider For Attending Microsoft Dynamics Crm Training
5. Learn Spanish Online To Avails Lots Of Advantages
Author: Foreign Classes
6. Make Your Career Bright With Aws Solution Architect Associate Training
7. J2ee Training In Chennai
8. What Is The Scope Of Python?
9. Consultants How To Determine The Interest For An Online Class
Author: Arpita Classes
10. Key Benefits Of Microsoft Dynamics Crm In On Organization
11. Institute Of Overseas Languages & Training
12. How Community-centered Experiential Learning Is Used In Mba
Author: Shoeb Mannur
13. Climb Up Your Career Ladder With Cbap Certification!
Author: Multisoft Virtual Academy
14. Build Career On International Level With Best Ielts Coaching Institute
Author: Harvinder Singh always provides something useful f
15. Convey Tech Labs Offering Best Online It Training In India
Author: Vivek Potnuru