ALL >> Technology,-Gadget-and-Science >> View Article
Security Features Of The Upcoming Ios 7
Total Articles: 304
WWDC 2013 was the most searched keyword on Google in the past few weeks and not only over the Internet, in real world everyone was seen talking about it. This is obvious as Apple events are a trendsetter and hence, everyone waits for them quite eagerly. As expected, Apple officials announced its much-awaited iOS 7. Everything sounded very common until they started narrating about visual changes and new security features installed in the iOS. This made me realize that this iOS has something different as it is completely overhauled by Apple's designing team led by Sir Jonathan Paul "Jony" Ive. They have given main importance to the security and this; I feel is the impact of warning given by the federal government to raise security standards of devices made by them. Here are few security features in the new iOS 7 that pulled my attention.
1. Activation Lock – Theft or lost devices were the biggest concern for Apple and the source of inspiration behind devising a completely altered "Activation Lock". With the new activation lock, if a thief tries to deactivate "Find my Phone" or wipe the device, it will become inoperable until the proper username and iCloud password is fed.
2. Auto update - Apple has hit the malicious malware writers hard by formulating auto-update feature. It allows the iOS to download the updates coming from Apple in a very silent way. Malware coders were exploiting the defencelessness of earlier iOS by making fake update notifications pop-up to fool people and make them download malicious malware.
3. Safari's "Do Not Track" – This security feature was not given the deserved attention in WWDC. From the security point of view, this is very handy tool, which allows users to shoot a request of not interested in being tracked by the servers. This feature is much understated in the browsing world and most websites ignore it completely.
4. Per app VPN control – VPN has been a revolutionary way to maintain privacy during web surfing. Apple designers have taken it on the new level by offering per app VPN feature in the upcoming iOS 7. By offering granular control, Apple has made VPN adopting more feasible for the users. It helps in increasing the security of a device by letting you judge, which part of your VPN data has to be encrypted. This was another security feature announced briefly at the WWDC.
5. Key chains – Looks like Apple knew about our craziness about our passwords and password managers as they help us in improving password and its hygiene. They simplify our login across many devices and this is why we adore them so much. Apple has stepped forward towards password management by devising iCloud keychain that helps in creating secure passwords. These passwords can be synced across various devices through iCloud concept. This iCloud keychain does not only work for passwords but all the confidential data and sensitive information can be shared via this concept. It can remember Wi-Fi passwords, website logins, and credit card information and fill the forms where this information is required. This feature will put a significant impact on existing password manager apps market.
As the launch date of the new iOS 7 comes closer, anxiety continues to tower about how these security features would shape up Apple's iOS future. The beta version of iOS 7 is released and is available for download but I am not quite sure whether these security features are available in the beta version or not. In most cases, features vary a lot in the beta version and the final release. As for now, it has been quite awe-inspiring, how apple iOS developers have worked to enhance the security of the new iOS.
The author works with one of the best enterprise applications development company operates from offices in the UK, the US and India. The mobile app development Noida company has provided mobility solutions to names like Cisco, Cienna, and Verizon. It has iPhone developer Dallas Texas, and UI designers with extensive experience & an in-depth domain knowledge.
Technology, Gadget and Science Articles1. Threat Intelligence Market To Reach A Market Size Of $9.6 Billion By 2023
Author: Shivani Singh
2. E-discovery: A New Era In Investigation
Author: alok tamrakar
3. Youtube For Enterprises – The New Age Video For Content
Author: Amanda Todd
4. How Internet Of Things Will Changing Today’s World?
5. A Few Things To Know About Iphone Repair Centre
Author: Angel Smith
6. How Music Can Heal Your Mind And Soul
Author: Rioven Schmidt
7. Why Install Energy Saving Sensors?
8. Xbox Server Issues Affecting Sign-in, Purchasing & Updates
Author: Angel Smith
9. Four Different Issues To Look Out For In Metal 3d Printing
Author: 3D Spectra Technologies LLP
10. Armor Your Laptop In Style With Printable Laptop Sleeves
Author: Denesh Yadav
11. How Robotics-inspired Toys Help Your Child’s Development
Author: KinderLab Robotics
12. Advantages Of A Disaster Recovery Plan
Author: Noah Truax
13. Xbox Repair & Replacement Services – Issues & Solutions
Author: Angel Smith
14. Industrial Control Systems Security Market Growth
15. Why It Is Essential To Choose Expert Phone Repair Services
Author: Phone Repairer