ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Conifers: A Great Addition To Your Garden
Total Articles: 230
What are Conifers?
Conifers are cone bearing seed plants. They are Gymnosperms which also means ‘Naked Seeds’. They could be huge trees or even shrubs. Also it is one of the largest source of Timber wood or softwood in the world. It lends you beauty and structure in all the seasons. The Conifer Bonsais are one of the most popular choices among the people in the city.
Great addition to the garden
It is the shape and the range of sizes that make them popular and a necessity to be part of your garden area. Their conical shape and the beauty that they exhibit bring you closer to the nature. Suited to free flowing soil, could also be planted in pots thus making it accessible to small as well as huge gardens. With their amazing array of shapes, colors sizes, textures and habits, you may just fall in love with dwarf conifers. Especially in winters when other plants loose colors and are dry, conifers bloom in their own magnificent way.
Popular Conifers that could be seen in the gardens these days are,
- Abies Alba 'Pendula'
Also, known as “Weeping Silver Fir” is a low maintenance upright conifer.
.Upright, narrow, irregular pendulous branches
• Soft green needles with silver banded undersides
• An excellent alternative for a weeping plant family
• Requires Medium or full sun
• Excellent choice for a Rock garden
• Could be planted in almost every kind of soil, ranging from dry to moisture
- Abies Alba 'Pyramidalis'
Commonly known as “Pyramidal Silver Fir”, it is a dense, columnar conifer which has deep green needles that gives it softer appearance.
• Narrow, Dense, Upright ascending branches
• Requires Medium to Full sunlight
• Moderate water
• Should be protected from afternoon sun
- Abies balsamea 'Nana'
Commonly known as “Dwarf Balsam fir”, it is of a small bun like shaped plant.
• Dwarf plant and small bun like shaped
• Shiny green leaves
• Requires Medium Sunlight
• Moderate water
- Abies balsamea 'Piccolo'
Commonly known as “Piccolo balsam Fir”, it is a small globed shaped plant.
• Dwarf Globed shaped plant
• Dense and short vertical branches
• Ideal for rock gardens, containers and small landscapes
• Partial to full sunlight
• Moderate Water
- Abies balsamea 'Prostrata'
Commonly known as “Prostrata Balsam Fir”, it has smaller than usual needles and gray green leaves on a low spreading bun form.
• Small low spreading bun shaped plant
• Requires Full sunlight
• Moderate water
• Soil should be moist or well drained
By now you it must be clear to you that conifers is a must to have in every garden lover space but it is equally important that the ones you buy should be of great quality and well raised.
Home and Garden Articles1. Essential To Look At The Following 3 Features To Get Cream Chargers Cheap
Author: Kathy Richy
2. Do's & Don'ts Of Diy Tile Installation
Author: Mike Aurtho
3. The Guide To Hiring Reliable Local Movers In New York
Author: Michael Holden
4. Why Is Corectec Plus Flooring Special?
Author: Kaiser holder
5. How To Find Best Supplier Of Security Screens & Doors In Sunshine Coast
Author: Kerry Reimers
6. Why You Should Consider Quartz Countertops For Your Kitchen Renovation
Author: Mary Morris
7. Hire Vacate Cleaning Perth Services For Full Bond Amount Return
8. Why Glass Balcony Balustrades Are So Adorable These Days
Author: John Carlos
9. Steps To Take Before You Call A Termite Inspection Penrith
Author: Alicia Brett
10. Bringing The Best Out Of Your Employees With Paint Colors
Author: Adam lee
11. Before You Clean Your Home, Think Twice
Author: Ethan Symes
12. Professional, Affordable And Reliable Plumbing Repair And Setup Assistance
Author: Kelly M. Russum
13. Why Choose Aluminium Shutters
Author: Apollo Blinds
14. Tree Cutter Service, Trimming Stump Removal And Landscaping Rocks - Odessa, Tx
Author: Vernell Fobbs We provide the one-stop solution for
15. 4 Most Popular Kids Wall Murals In 2017
Author: Albert Costa