ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Conifers: A Great Addition To Your Garden
Total Articles: 230
What are Conifers?
Conifers are cone bearing seed plants. They are Gymnosperms which also means ‘Naked Seeds’. They could be huge trees or even shrubs. Also it is one of the largest source of Timber wood or softwood in the world. It lends you beauty and structure in all the seasons. The Conifer Bonsais are one of the most popular choices among the people in the city.
Great addition to the garden
It is the shape and the range of sizes that make them popular and a necessity to be part of your garden area. Their conical shape and the beauty that they exhibit bring you closer to the nature. Suited to free flowing soil, could also be planted in pots thus making it accessible to small as well as huge gardens. With their amazing array of shapes, colors sizes, textures and habits, you may just fall in love with dwarf conifers. Especially in winters when other plants loose colors and are dry, conifers bloom in their own magnificent way.
Popular Conifers that could be seen in the gardens these days are,
- Abies Alba 'Pendula'
Also, known as “Weeping Silver Fir” is a low maintenance upright conifer.
.Upright, narrow, irregular pendulous branches
• Soft green needles with silver banded undersides
• An excellent alternative for a weeping plant family
• Requires Medium or full sun
• Excellent choice for a Rock garden
• Could be planted in almost every kind of soil, ranging from dry to moisture
- Abies Alba 'Pyramidalis'
Commonly known as “Pyramidal Silver Fir”, it is a dense, columnar conifer which has deep green needles that gives it softer appearance.
• Narrow, Dense, Upright ascending branches
• Requires Medium to Full sunlight
• Moderate water
• Should be protected from afternoon sun
- Abies balsamea 'Nana'
Commonly known as “Dwarf Balsam fir”, it is of a small bun like shaped plant.
• Dwarf plant and small bun like shaped
• Shiny green leaves
• Requires Medium Sunlight
• Moderate water
- Abies balsamea 'Piccolo'
Commonly known as “Piccolo balsam Fir”, it is a small globed shaped plant.
• Dwarf Globed shaped plant
• Dense and short vertical branches
• Ideal for rock gardens, containers and small landscapes
• Partial to full sunlight
• Moderate Water
- Abies balsamea 'Prostrata'
Commonly known as “Prostrata Balsam Fir”, it has smaller than usual needles and gray green leaves on a low spreading bun form.
• Small low spreading bun shaped plant
• Requires Full sunlight
• Moderate water
• Soil should be moist or well drained
By now you it must be clear to you that conifers is a must to have in every garden lover space but it is equally important that the ones you buy should be of great quality and well raised.
Home and Garden Articles1. Get A Window Mesh To Keep The Insects Away
2. 6 Advantages Of Cleaners In Canberra
Author: Tom Velko
3. Get Quality Solutions On Waterproofing And Maintain Your Property
Author: Jordan Curr
4. Types Of Fencing Put Up By The Homeowners In The Present Time And Its Worth
Author: Michael Gilmore
5. Reasons Why You Should Use Advanced Mowing & Maintenance's Expert Lawn Care Service
Author: Rodney Back
6. Things To Consider While Developing A New Garage In Your Home
Author: Ashton Coaldrake
7. What To Keep In Mind While Planning Your Home Design
Author: Adam Leworthy
8. Why To Choose Memory Foam Mattress?
Author: Shamia Akram
9. Relying On A Pool Compliance Service Provider Is Essential To Make Your Pool Safe
Author: David Donvito
10. Benefits Of Having A Pest Control East Bay Ca Done!
Author: Todd Purvis
11. Ideas On How You Can Create Privacy For Your Home
Author: Chloe Kellaway
12. How To Keep Your Roof Ceiling And Soffit In Good Condition For Years
Author: Brayden Haritos
13. Kitchen Waste To Compost Conversion In 4 Hours
Author: Anu kapoor
14. Cool Tips On Keeping Your Scaffolding Strong & Durable For Years
Author: Suzane Bogdana
15. Situations When Regular Rug Cleaning Becomes Essential
Author: Alyssa Ramsden