ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Conifers: A Great Addition To Your GardenBy Expert Author: vortex forma
What are Conifers?
Conifers are cone bearing seed plants. They are Gymnosperms which also means ‘Naked Seeds’. They could be huge trees or even shrubs. Also it is one of the largest source of Timber wood or softwood in the world. It lends you beauty and structure in all the seasons. The Conifer Bonsais are one of the most popular choices among the people in the city.
Great addition to the garden
It is the shape and the range of sizes that make them popular and a necessity to be part of your garden area. Their conical shape and the beauty that they exhibit bring you closer to the nature. Suited to free flowing soil, could also be planted in pots thus making it accessible to small as well as huge gardens. With their amazing array of shapes, colors sizes, textures and habits, you may just fall in love with dwarf conifers. Especially in winters when other plants loose colors and are dry, conifers bloom in their own magnificent way.
Popular Conifers that could be seen in the gardens these days are,
- Abies Alba 'Pendula'
Also, known as “Weeping Silver Fir” is a low maintenance upright conifer.
.Upright, narrow, irregular pendulous branches
• Soft green needles with silver banded undersides
• An excellent alternative for a weeping plant family
• Requires Medium or full sun
• Excellent choice for a Rock garden
• Could be planted in almost every kind of soil, ranging from dry to moisture
- Abies Alba 'Pyramidalis'
Commonly known as “Pyramidal Silver Fir”, it is a dense, columnar conifer which has deep green needles that gives it softer appearance.
• Narrow, Dense, Upright ascending branches
• Requires Medium to Full sunlight
• Moderate water
• Should be protected from afternoon sun
- Abies balsamea 'Nana'
Commonly known as “Dwarf Balsam fir”, it is of a small bun like shaped plant.
• Dwarf plant and small bun like shaped
• Shiny green leaves
• Requires Medium Sunlight
• Moderate water
- Abies balsamea 'Piccolo'
Commonly known as “Piccolo balsam Fir”, it is a small globed shaped plant.
• Dwarf Globed shaped plant
• Dense and short vertical branches
• Ideal for rock gardens, containers and small landscapes
• Partial to full sunlight
• Moderate Water
- Abies balsamea 'Prostrata'
Commonly known as “Prostrata Balsam Fir”, it has smaller than usual needles and gray green leaves on a low spreading bun form.
• Small low spreading bun shaped plant
• Requires Full sunlight
• Moderate water
• Soil should be moist or well drained
By now you it must be clear to you that conifers is a must to have in every garden lover space but it is equally important that the ones you buy should be of great quality and well raised.
Home and Garden Articles1. Should I Replace My Entry Door?
Author: Mary Morris
2. Best Range Of Gas Cook Tops
3. Slab Leak Repair In The Easiest And Most Efficient Way
4. Top Reasons To Opt For Professional Window Glass Replacement In Chicago
Author: Russell Rabin
5. Pool Remodeling- Getting A New And Wonderful Pool For Your Home In Charleston
Author: David Smith
6. Everything You Should Know About Services In End Of Lease Cleaning
Author: Karanveer Rawat
7. Steps To Take Before You Buy A Mowing Franchise: Businesses For Sale
Author: Phil Maunder
8. Classic Design Of Venetian Blinds Giving Flexible Control Of Light And Privacy
Author: Joseph Zammit
9. The Biggest Home Furnishing Trends Of 2017 That Will Rule Your Home
Author: Nupur Tiwari
10. Architecture Design Ideas That Influence Modern Lifestyles
Author: Saloni Sharma
11. Waterproofing Of Timber Structures
Author: Matthew Lavitov
12. Top Small Business Opportunities In Australia
Author: karanveer rawat
13. A Special Guide To Buy The Solid Oak Furniture Of Best Quality
Author: Alain Murphy
14. How To Keep Your Ceramic Tile Floor Clean & Attractive
Author: Mike Aurtho
15. How Services Related To Water Damage Repair Are Helpful For Homes
Author: Lionale Donald