ALL >> Business >> View Article
Why Particle Size Distribution Is So Important For Industries
Total Articles: 5
Determining the size of particles is an important aspect for testing engineers as it directly depends upon the quality of the product manufactured by the company. It is also helpful in determining the nature and behavior of the product produced.
There is no particular statement to define size but it depends upon the technique that is used for its measurement.. For example microscopy utilizes area projection as its factor while electro resistance and laser diffraction utilizes conductivity and optical properties of the sample respectively to determine size. Particles or constituents of any item are actually in an irregular shape and determining their size is a tough task .You can say that it revolves around comparing the dimensions of constituents (solids, liquid and gas).
Particle Size Distribution
It is scientifically defined as an index indicating at what sizes of particles are present in what proportion (relative amount as a percentage where the total is 100%) in the sample that is under examination. As you know each particle in a product is not similar to the other one therefore calculating its distribution and average size is quite important. Volume, area, length, quantity are used as standards to determine it but generally volume factor is utilized.
While selecting the right technique or instrument for this purpose you must determine the nature of the sample and then apply the analyzer that would suit those specifications.
The most important physical property of particulate samples is its particle size. It is a critical parameter during the manufacturing of various products. The size factor influences several material properties and makes it to the top list of FA engineers.
• Reactivity or the rate of dissolution- Important for catalysts and pharmaceutical companies
• Suspension Stability- When you are dealing with sediments, paint items particle analysis is quite critical to gauge on the quality of paint manufactured.
• Efficacy of delivery- Example in asthma inhalers
• Appearance- The outer presentation of a product makes it feasible or attractive in the eyes of customers. Moreover it is said that what pleases your eyes goes high in the buyers list. The nature any items outer beauty is determined using particle size analysis- Useful for industries dealing with powder coatings and inks.
• Ability to flow and handle- Example while manufacturing granules.
• Viscosity- Another prominent factor utilized by companies dealing with sprays and other liquid aerosols.
• Packaging Density- How a product fits in a particular space is critical as bigger constituents require greater space then the smaller ones. Example Ceramics.
Measuring the dimensions of particles determines the success of majority of manufacturing businesses. If you are looking for such methods then you can search the internet about specific labs that offer such services. The labs could also advice you on the particle size analyzer that would be most suitable for your application.
The author is a chemical analysis expert. In this article he explains the importance of particle size distribution for industries.
Business Articles1. Five Things You Could Be Doing Wrong While Choosing Your Renovations Team
Author: Stephen Kavita
2. Add Value To Your Lancaster Home With The Right Renovations & Remodeling
Author: Cory Frank
3. Get The Most Out Of Family Counseling
Author: Cory Frank
4. The Case For Composite Decking
Author: Blue Star Carpentry
5. Motivation & Support
6. What Is A Leased Line And Its Advantages
Author: Ketan Shah
7. Carpet Cleaning And Flood Damage Repair
8. General Description About Bolts
Author: Harpreet Chhabra
9. Garage Door Service Irvine
10. Carpet Cleaning In Tustin
11. Colorado Garage Door Company
12. Hollywood Hills Carpet Cleaners
13. Custom Home Bars Make The Perfect Spot For Your Home Parties
Author: Larry Lynch
14. Overview On Benefits Of Telco Cost Saving To Benchmark Your Business
Author: Amber Brake
15. Corona Del Mar Carpet Cleaning