ALL >> Business >> View Article
Why Particle Size Distribution Is So Important For Industries
Total Articles: 5
Determining the size of particles is an important aspect for testing engineers as it directly depends upon the quality of the product manufactured by the company. It is also helpful in determining the nature and behavior of the product produced.
There is no particular statement to define size but it depends upon the technique that is used for its measurement.. For example microscopy utilizes area projection as its factor while electro resistance and laser diffraction utilizes conductivity and optical properties of the sample respectively to determine size. Particles or constituents of any item are actually in an irregular shape and determining their size is a tough task .You can say that it revolves around comparing the dimensions of constituents (solids, liquid and gas).
Particle Size Distribution
It is scientifically defined as an index indicating at what sizes of particles are present in what proportion (relative amount as a percentage where the total is 100%) in the sample that is under examination. As you know each particle in a product is not similar to the other one therefore calculating its distribution and average size is quite important. Volume, area, length, quantity are used as standards to determine it but generally volume factor is utilized.
While selecting the right technique or instrument for this purpose you must determine the nature of the sample and then apply the analyzer that would suit those specifications.
The most important physical property of particulate samples is its particle size. It is a critical parameter during the manufacturing of various products. The size factor influences several material properties and makes it to the top list of FA engineers.
• Reactivity or the rate of dissolution- Important for catalysts and pharmaceutical companies
• Suspension Stability- When you are dealing with sediments, paint items particle analysis is quite critical to gauge on the quality of paint manufactured.
• Efficacy of delivery- Example in asthma inhalers
• Appearance- The outer presentation of a product makes it feasible or attractive in the eyes of customers. Moreover it is said that what pleases your eyes goes high in the buyers list. The nature any items outer beauty is determined using particle size analysis- Useful for industries dealing with powder coatings and inks.
• Ability to flow and handle- Example while manufacturing granules.
• Viscosity- Another prominent factor utilized by companies dealing with sprays and other liquid aerosols.
• Packaging Density- How a product fits in a particular space is critical as bigger constituents require greater space then the smaller ones. Example Ceramics.
Measuring the dimensions of particles determines the success of majority of manufacturing businesses. If you are looking for such methods then you can search the internet about specific labs that offer such services. The labs could also advice you on the particle size analyzer that would be most suitable for your application.
The author is a chemical analysis expert. In this article he explains the importance of particle size distribution for industries.
Business Articles1. One Of The Best Kitchen Equipment Manufacturers
Author: Paul Wright
2. Advantages Of Getting Listed In Online Construction Directory
Author: John Smith
3. How Radiologist Email Lists From Healthcare Mailing Change Your Business Perception?
Author: Richard Braxon
4. Choose Yourself As A Yoga Teacher With The Help Of Adinath Ashram
Author: Jack Stevens
5. Best Service Provider For Life Time Events In Pune
Author: biz porto
6. Crimping Your Own Earrings
Author: Nitesh Pathak
7. An Overview Of Surface And Chemical Analysis
Author: Tan Sean
8. Prorack Roof-racks Install With Smart-foot Technology
Author: Tony Bulic
9. Siib: The Changing Face Of Business Education In India
Author: Mohan Kumar
10. Things To Know About Coworking Spaces
11. Things To Consider Before Opting For A Mailbox Rental
12. Different Types Of Advertisement Print Products
13. Advantages Of Hiring Professionals For Printing
14. Data Cabling Through Wire Mesh Cable Tray
Author: Noah Gabriel
15. Pretreatment And Grit Removal From Sewage Water To Repurpose It
Author: Manoj Shukla