ALL >> Technology,-Gadget-and-Science >> View Article
Mississauga Approves Plan To Legalize Basement Rental Flats
Total Articles: 338
Get ready Mississauga landlords, home-owners and investors. Legal basement apartments are coming to Mississauga!
Ontario laws now require municipalities to allow second units within homes which are also known as basement apartments, in-law suites and secondary suites.
City Council approved a plan to legalize 2nd units in Mississauga.
According to the City’s Commissioner of Planning and Building “With our strategy, homeowners will be able to help to make their units secure and legal - every city requirements safe, affordable housing for people to really feel they belong,”
Ed Jajecki continue by stating the Official Plan amendment and zoning bylaw changes approved by Council enable second units in homes in our city
He said units should meet Ontario Building Code standards. And landlords should know the Ontario Residential Tenancies Act and Human Rights Code.
Council also approved a certification program, and will think about a proposed bylaw to support this program in the fall.
In the event that approved, the bylaw will set licensing fees and other requirements, such as assessments and proof of insurance, for owners who want to rent second units.
Heather MacDonald is the Director of Strategic Real estate Initiatives for the town. According to MacDonald “The City’s goals with regard to legalizing second units consist of ensuring safety, preserving neighborhood character and maintaining public services.”
Mississauga held public meetings in 2012 to gather the public’s ideas and ideas about 2nd units in Mississauga. Individuals could also email their own comments or fill out a survey online.
The statutory public meeting required by the Planning Behave was held in early 2013. The City’s Second Units Implementation Strategy is part of Housing Choices: Mississauga’s Affordable Housing Strategy.
A public education plan about legal second units in Mississauga is going to be available in the fall of The year 2013.
Under the municipality’s proposed plan, a dwelling containing a second unit would need to be the principal residence of the owner. Additional proposed aspects of the program include having one mandatory parking spot for a basement apartment and establishing minimum along with maximum sizes for the units, among other things. The City also wants to license the units to make sure they’re safe.
Potential Property owners Beware! Renting out your basement apartment to the wrong tenant can lead to problems.
Technology, Gadget and Science Articles1. The Rise Of Led Video Walls
Author: Jamie Eliott
2. Motorolarepairing.uk – Motorola Repair Service Centre Uk
3. Sony Playstation Planning For Big Changes
4. Want To Make The Best Advantage Of Your Traffic, Try Load Balancing
Author: Daniel Padilla
5. Icv Software For Business- Increasing Productivity For Long Term Business Success
Author: Jessica E Taylor
6. Htc Screen Repair London/htcrepairing.uk
7. Issues And Fixes For Hp Laptops & Computers In The Uk
Author: Angel Smith
8. Professional Multibrand Mobile Phone Repair Centre In The Uk
9. Htc Onem8 Screen Replacement Edinburgh/htcrepairing.uk
10. Issue Resolved For Xbox One S Error Code 107
11. Top 4 Us Tech Support Service Companies
12. Best Htc Repair Centre Newcastle
13. Html5 Website Builders Useful For Web Developers
Author: Amit Kumawat
14. Issues And Fixes For Tablet Repair Services In The Uk
Author: Angel Smith
15. Nokia Lumia 735 Screen Replacement Cardiff