ALL >> Technology,-Gadget-and-Science >> View Article
Mississauga Approves Plan To Legalize Basement Rental Flats
Total Articles: 338
Get ready Mississauga landlords, home-owners and investors. Legal basement apartments are coming to Mississauga!
Ontario laws now require municipalities to allow second units within homes which are also known as basement apartments, in-law suites and secondary suites.
City Council approved a plan to legalize 2nd units in Mississauga.
According to the City’s Commissioner of Planning and Building “With our strategy, homeowners will be able to help to make their units secure and legal - every city requirements safe, affordable housing for people to really feel they belong,”
Ed Jajecki continue by stating the Official Plan amendment and zoning bylaw changes approved by Council enable second units in homes in our city
He said units should meet Ontario Building Code standards. And landlords should know the Ontario Residential Tenancies Act and Human Rights Code.
Council also approved a certification program, and will think about a proposed bylaw to support this program in the fall.
In the event that approved, the bylaw will set licensing fees and other requirements, such as assessments and proof of insurance, for owners who want to rent second units.
Heather MacDonald is the Director of Strategic Real estate Initiatives for the town. According to MacDonald “The City’s goals with regard to legalizing second units consist of ensuring safety, preserving neighborhood character and maintaining public services.”
Mississauga held public meetings in 2012 to gather the public’s ideas and ideas about 2nd units in Mississauga. Individuals could also email their own comments or fill out a survey online.
The statutory public meeting required by the Planning Behave was held in early 2013. The City’s Second Units Implementation Strategy is part of Housing Choices: Mississauga’s Affordable Housing Strategy.
A public education plan about legal second units in Mississauga is going to be available in the fall of The year 2013.
Under the municipality’s proposed plan, a dwelling containing a second unit would need to be the principal residence of the owner. Additional proposed aspects of the program include having one mandatory parking spot for a basement apartment and establishing minimum along with maximum sizes for the units, among other things. The City also wants to license the units to make sure they’re safe.
Potential Property owners Beware! Renting out your basement apartment to the wrong tenant can lead to problems.
Technology, Gadget and Science Articles1. How To Fix Norton Error Code 0x80045001?
Author: Aida Martin
2. Samsung S7 Screen Repair Uk
3. Things To Remember When Hiring Ios Development Company
Author: Eldon Broady
4. Global It Operations Analytics Market Size
5. Sony Laptop Screen Repair Uk
6. Keypoints And Solutions Before Designing A Mobile Wallet App
Author: Hvantage Technologies
7. Blackberry Keyone Repair Uk
8. Stephen Hawking: Fast Facts And Contributions To Science
Author: Dominik Banzon
9. Reach Your Prospects And Increase Your Profit Through Email Lists By Job Title
10. Top Things Developers Need To Know About Serverless Technology
Author: Amit Tiwari
11. Global Image Recognition Market Size And Share
Author: Shivani Singh
12. Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Screen Repair Uk
13. 5 Ways In Which Android Apps Can Benefit Your Business
14. Temporary Phone Answering Service Can Benefit A Small Or Large Business
Author: Eliza Garran
15. The Impact Of Mobile Apps On Businesses