ALL >> Education >> View Article
How To Create Headlines That Increase Website Traffic And Website Conversion Rates
Total Articles: 34
Marketing research from MarketingExperiements.com shows that headlines are the most important factor if you are striving to increase website traffic and website conversion rates.
In an experiment, in which various elements of a website were tweaked to determine which would have the greatest impact on conversion, having an effective headline was more important than changing elements of the landing page or shopping cart process. In fact, changing a headline generated 29 percent more leads. That's a big increase, close to one-third more leads.
While quality and informative content is a must, the headline is kind-of-like the magnet for your website. It's what will attract the surfer/browser to stop, pay attention, follow what's going on, and follow the process to opt-in or buy.
As a writer/marketer, you need to have your message focused on what the customer's interests are. This is especially critical for the headline. You need to craft a headline that will:
1. Quickly grab a surfer or visitor's attention
2. Clearly define the WIIFM (what's in it for me) or the value. If the visitor knows what the benefits are, he'll be more receptive to 'following the yellow brick road' you have in place for conversion.
To increase website traffic and conversion rates, the most effective headlines are 'value-centric.' This relates to number one and two above. You need to 'hit' the target customer's interests and you need to convey the value of opting-in to your mailing list or buying what you're offering. And, you need to let the visitor know just how significant the benefit/s will be.
An effective title might be: Get Paid to Guest Blog.
In five simple words you're telling the reader what the benefit is and what's involved.
"The Value Litmus Test," an article at ValueCentricSelling.com, explains that along with having the value front and center, you should also provide the 'timeline.' This is another factor that will help increase website traffic.
The timeline is the length of time it will take the customer to achieve the benefits. This may not always be applicable to your product or service, but when it is, it's important to include it.
Here are three examples of the timeline headline strategy:
1. Write an eBook in 7 Days
2. Get Website Traffic in One Day
3. Lose 5 Pounds in 7 Days
These titles meet all the qualifications for an effective headline.
Finally, the headline and offered value must be credible, in other words realistic and actually doable.
The example headlines/titles above each have a value proposition. They're each promising a benefit and a specific timeline. The writer or marketer must be sure the promises/claims stated are realistic. But, even more than realistic, the value proposition must be believable. If the visitor wonders if it's really possible, you've lost him.
So, breaking it all down, there are four elements to an effective headline that will increase a site's traffic and conversion rates:
1. Grab the reader's attention by focusing on his interests
2. Convey the value or benefit of what you're offering
3. Provide a timeline, if applicable
4. Make sure the headline 'promise' is believable and doable
Add these elements to your headlines to generate and increase website traffic that will be receptive to your offers. It will also go a long way in boosting website conversion rates.
Education Articles1. Sas Base Training Program: A Way For Bright Career As Data Scientist
2. Attend Iit Jee Classes Regularly
Author: Arpita Classes
3. Difference Between Interface And Abstract Class In Java
4. Introduction To Cisco Ios Software
5. Everything Has A Story
Author: JBM Global School
6. Before You Pick Have A Detailed Idea About The Chinese Courses Offered
Author: Michel Kern
7. How Data Science Training Program Is Beneficial For Your Career Growth?
8. Why Is Operations Management Necessary For Every Business?
9. Why Do Students Prefer Studying Mbbs In Russia
Author: Nitesh Sharma
10. Opened | Redhat Rhce Certified Training And Exam In Opened | Redhat Rhcsa Certification Training In
Author: Surya R.J
11. No.1 Redhat Training And Exam Centre| Rhce Exam | Rhcsa | Rhce
Author: Surya R.J
12. Understanding The Difference Between Electronics And Electrical Engineering
Author: MIT AOE
13. 5 Reasons Behind Expensive Schooling In India
Author: Tuition India
14. How To Select The Right Digital Marketing Institute?
Author: Aditi Singh
15. Inplant Training
Author: neralya sri