ALL >> Computer-Programming >> View Article
How Will You Test An Android App?
Total Articles: 361
One of the major concerns in Android application development is testing the final product and making it run on all the devices in spite of the fact that Android is a hugely fragmented platform. So developing for Android is today a big challenge in software development market.
But you cannot stop building apps for the platform as it is world’s leading mobile OS. So what you need to do is test, test and test your application so that it can be scaled for most of the Android devices. If you see an app with millions of downloads, consider that its developers have already tested it for more than 400 types of different Android powered devices. But does the idea of testing an app for 400 types of devices sound feasible? Of course it’s not possible to test an app for hundreds of types of devices but there is an intelligent way to do so.
Follow the rule of 80-20 to test your app
It is just impossible to test an app for hundreds of types of devices. It’s quite laborious and time-consuming process. No one can manually do this as it is also not a cost effective method. This problem can be addressed by the 80-20 principle. The principle says that 20% Android devices are the controller of 80% Android market. So if you succeed to scale your application for 20 percent devices, it can be supposed to be a universal Android app.
How to find the percentage of distribution
Find the most popular Android OS versions
Find the most popular DPI-screen size combinations
Find the devices which cover both the above mentioned.
A good advice is that you do not invest enough resources in testing apps for outdated phones or operating systems. It may be good idea if you have enough budget and initial resources but if you are already running out of time and money, you can avoid optimizing the app for older versions of the OS.
You can use Android Emulator to prototype and test your apps. This is a useful way to virtually test an app. However, it is associated with a number of disadvantages. The emulator cannot make actual phone calls so there will be differences in results when the app will be used in real devices. The good advice is that the app should be tested on real devices at least for one time.
Third Party Application Testing
The popularity of Android platform has led to a lot services to help Android developers. The most useful of them are those who provide Android testing services. If you think that you will not be able to successfully test the application, the better choice is you hire third party Android testing services.
This information is brought to by expert an Android application development company.
Shubhangi Verma- working as professional technical content writer- For more information about http://www.rapidsofttechnologies.com/android-application-development.html kindly visit our official website. For any queries call +1 516 515 9871 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Functionality And Provision For Contract Management Software
Author: James Blake
3. Join Sap Sd Training For A Prospective Career In It Industry
4. Live Oracle Idm Training | Tutorials
5. Oracle Adf Online Training | Corporate Training
6. 4 Digital Marketing Trends To Follow This Year To Keep Up And Above Your Adversaries
7. All That’s New In Healthcare Information Exchange
Author: Roberto Romello
8. How To Update Your Computer With Latest Updates?
Author: Patricia H. Lyon
9. Etravos - Travel Portal Development / Travel Portal Software Solutions
10. Interested In C++ Or Java?
Author: ponting brown
11. Top 5 Benefits Of Bakery Management System.
12. Progress 4gl, Openedge, Rollbase Application Development Long Island New York|
13. Website Hosting Services Long Island, New York | Pal Software
14. Biometric Software Solution Provider Long Island New York
15. Healthcare Software Solutions Long Island