ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Ooty Visit During The Monsoons (august / September)
Total Articles: 77
The Kashmir of South India, Ooty, is one among such tourism gems of India which displays different colors in different seasons and monsoon is not an exception at all. If you are willing to visit Ooty during monsoon season, find out the details below and have a trip like never-before.
Being situated in a subtropical highland climate region, Ooty starts facing monsoon by the end of June. In the august month, the season remains on the peak. If you are a nature lover and want to explore this nature’s paradise, this is the perfect time to travel. The following september is also a great time from sightseeing point of view, as the rainy season ends at this time. Simply, Ooty offers much more than the regular sightseeing during this season. The stunning parks, mighty peaks, calm lakes and roaring waterfalls, all appear in whole new attire in the month of august-september. Tourist attractions such as Botanical Garden, Ooty Lake, Rose Garden, Pykara Lake, Kalhatti Water Falls and Mukerti National Park are ideal to visit at this time. Just take a little precaution such as keeping raincoat/umbrellas and some antibiotics handy to dodge the side-effects of rain and you can enjoy a unique trip.
Ooty can be accessed mainly by road and railways. The nearest airport is at Coimbatore, situated at a distance of 105 km. You can find buses as well as taxis from airport to reach here. Mettupalayam, located 47 km distant, is the nearest railhead which is connected via toy train. Regular bus service connects this hill station with nearby major cities such as Bangalore (265 km), Mysore (125 km) and Chennai (544 km).
A choice of accommodation options is available for tourists in Ooty. Hotel Nahar Nilgiris is one of the 3 star hotels located on Charring Cross. It has been awarded with a very good overall rating of 4.2 stars out of 5 and offers an ultra-cozy stay in a price range Rs.2500-5000. For the tourists seeking pocket friendly stay, Hotel Orchid Inn is ideal. With an overall rating of 4 stars out of 5 from 77 reviews, it is also counted among best rated Ooty hotels. Price range i.e. Rs.1200-1600 is also a good value for the money paid. If you are willing for stay in a resort, Sterling Elkhill Resort is a good choice. It provides a top-class stay with all the facilities you can think about and the panoramic views of surroundings in addition. Room rates here have a price range Rs.4800-5600.
For a lifetime memorable encounter with nature, visit Ooty during the monsoon season. Hotelpushpak.com provides online booking for hotels in Ooty and budget hotels in Ooty with great discounts and complimentary offers.
Travel Articles1. Top Things To Know About A Luxury Bahamas Yacht Wedding
Author: Alvin Strachan
2. Embrace The Romance With Lax Limo Car Service
Author: Dylan MITCHELL
3. Thailand Travel Tours Guide The Most Wonderful Places To Visit In Thailand
Author: Thailand Tour Packages
4. Enjoy Dubai Shopping Tours
Author: Dubai Shopping Tours
5. Including All Loved Ones With A Bachelor Party In Dc Via Dc Charter Bus
Author: David WILSON
6. 5 Destinations For Day Trips From Ho Chi Minh City
Author: Le Xuan Son
7. 4 Relaxing Activities That You Must Do On Your Grand Cayman Tour
Author: Michael Leacock
8. Best Fujairah Tours Services
9. Budget Annapurna Base Camp Trek - Best For Budget Travelers
Author: Info Nepal Trekking
10. Witness Enchanting Surroundings With Cheap Holidays To Hurghada
Author: Amanda Sutcliffe
11. Acquire Legal Child Adoption Service In Nepal
12. How To Choose Your Vintage Wedding Car Hire In Dublin Smartly!
Author: Padraic O Reilly
13. How Do You Prepare For Cape Town Cycle Tour?
Author: Daily Scandinavian
14. 6 Tips For Discovering The Charisma Of Popular Nz Tour Attractions
Author: Damien McConnell
15. Enjoy The Classic Mera Peak Climbing With Your Friends And Family