ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Ooty Visit During The Monsoons (august / September)
Total Articles: 77
The Kashmir of South India, Ooty, is one among such tourism gems of India which displays different colors in different seasons and monsoon is not an exception at all. If you are willing to visit Ooty during monsoon season, find out the details below and have a trip like never-before.
Being situated in a subtropical highland climate region, Ooty starts facing monsoon by the end of June. In the august month, the season remains on the peak. If you are a nature lover and want to explore this nature’s paradise, this is the perfect time to travel. The following september is also a great time from sightseeing point of view, as the rainy season ends at this time. Simply, Ooty offers much more than the regular sightseeing during this season. The stunning parks, mighty peaks, calm lakes and roaring waterfalls, all appear in whole new attire in the month of august-september. Tourist attractions such as Botanical Garden, Ooty Lake, Rose Garden, Pykara Lake, Kalhatti Water Falls and Mukerti National Park are ideal to visit at this time. Just take a little precaution such as keeping raincoat/umbrellas and some antibiotics handy to dodge the side-effects of rain and you can enjoy a unique trip.
Ooty can be accessed mainly by road and railways. The nearest airport is at Coimbatore, situated at a distance of 105 km. You can find buses as well as taxis from airport to reach here. Mettupalayam, located 47 km distant, is the nearest railhead which is connected via toy train. Regular bus service connects this hill station with nearby major cities such as Bangalore (265 km), Mysore (125 km) and Chennai (544 km).
A choice of accommodation options is available for tourists in Ooty. Hotel Nahar Nilgiris is one of the 3 star hotels located on Charring Cross. It has been awarded with a very good overall rating of 4.2 stars out of 5 and offers an ultra-cozy stay in a price range Rs.2500-5000. For the tourists seeking pocket friendly stay, Hotel Orchid Inn is ideal. With an overall rating of 4 stars out of 5 from 77 reviews, it is also counted among best rated Ooty hotels. Price range i.e. Rs.1200-1600 is also a good value for the money paid. If you are willing for stay in a resort, Sterling Elkhill Resort is a good choice. It provides a top-class stay with all the facilities you can think about and the panoramic views of surroundings in addition. Room rates here have a price range Rs.4800-5600.
For a lifetime memorable encounter with nature, visit Ooty during the monsoon season. Hotelpushpak.com provides online booking for hotels in Ooty and budget hotels in Ooty with great discounts and complimentary offers.
Travel Articles1. Experiencing Bollywood Fantasy Dubai
Author: Dalphine Wanjiru
2. Summer In Dubai With Burj Khalifa Tickets
Author: Dalphine Wanjiru
3. Nhai Plans Four-lane Highway In Telangana Under Bharatmala
4. Hotel Reservation Software Can Increase Sales
5. An Encounter With The Ancient Maori Culture Of Tauranga In New Zealand
Author: Roger Simister
6. Hire Cheap Heathrow Airport Taxi Simply Online
7. Get The Best Pleasure Out Of Mombasa Day Trip In A True Safari Nation Kenya
Author: Jennifer Njoki Gaithuma
8. Hire Cheap London Airport Transfer Now With The Click Of A Button
9. Promising Effort By Brazil Tour Company Makes Your Trip To Brazil Memorable
Author: Anna Avanesova
10. Factors On Choosing Van Hire Landing Page In Bilston
Author: Jack William
11. How To Save More Money With Car Rental In Maui
Author: Vikram Kumar
12. The Everest Base Camp Trek - Strong, But Hugely Rewarding
Author: Sudip Shahi
13. Pearl Farm In Samal Island
Author: OUR 7107 ISLANDS
14. Plan The Destination Wedding With The Best Vacation Sells Off And Makes Memories Of A Lifetime
Author: Sam Patel
15. Oman Tourist Visa By Oman-e-visa