ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Ooty Visit During The Monsoons (august / September)
Total Articles: 77
The Kashmir of South India, Ooty, is one among such tourism gems of India which displays different colors in different seasons and monsoon is not an exception at all. If you are willing to visit Ooty during monsoon season, find out the details below and have a trip like never-before.
Being situated in a subtropical highland climate region, Ooty starts facing monsoon by the end of June. In the august month, the season remains on the peak. If you are a nature lover and want to explore this nature’s paradise, this is the perfect time to travel. The following september is also a great time from sightseeing point of view, as the rainy season ends at this time. Simply, Ooty offers much more than the regular sightseeing during this season. The stunning parks, mighty peaks, calm lakes and roaring waterfalls, all appear in whole new attire in the month of august-september. Tourist attractions such as Botanical Garden, Ooty Lake, Rose Garden, Pykara Lake, Kalhatti Water Falls and Mukerti National Park are ideal to visit at this time. Just take a little precaution such as keeping raincoat/umbrellas and some antibiotics handy to dodge the side-effects of rain and you can enjoy a unique trip.
Ooty can be accessed mainly by road and railways. The nearest airport is at Coimbatore, situated at a distance of 105 km. You can find buses as well as taxis from airport to reach here. Mettupalayam, located 47 km distant, is the nearest railhead which is connected via toy train. Regular bus service connects this hill station with nearby major cities such as Bangalore (265 km), Mysore (125 km) and Chennai (544 km).
A choice of accommodation options is available for tourists in Ooty. Hotel Nahar Nilgiris is one of the 3 star hotels located on Charring Cross. It has been awarded with a very good overall rating of 4.2 stars out of 5 and offers an ultra-cozy stay in a price range Rs.2500-5000. For the tourists seeking pocket friendly stay, Hotel Orchid Inn is ideal. With an overall rating of 4 stars out of 5 from 77 reviews, it is also counted among best rated Ooty hotels. Price range i.e. Rs.1200-1600 is also a good value for the money paid. If you are willing for stay in a resort, Sterling Elkhill Resort is a good choice. It provides a top-class stay with all the facilities you can think about and the panoramic views of surroundings in addition. Room rates here have a price range Rs.4800-5600.
For a lifetime memorable encounter with nature, visit Ooty during the monsoon season. Hotelpushpak.com provides online booking for hotels in Ooty and budget hotels in Ooty with great discounts and complimentary offers.
Travel Articles1. Explore 5 Beautiful Lakes In Ooty Apart From Ooty Lake
2. The Best Offering Package For The Holy Tour Of Chardham Yatra This Coming September
Author: Char Dham Yatra
3. Different Rides For Prom In Chicago From A Charter Coach Bus Rental Company
4. Let Loose In Los Angeles With Bus Tours
Author: Hire Charter Bus
5. Natural Meets History Of The Kruger National Park
6. Five Free Things To Do In Key West
Author: Dale Dunlop
7. Destination Key West: Popular Attractions
Author: Dale Dunlop
8. Cycling Tours In The French Alps
Author: David Luther
9. Top Trekking & Hiking Trails In Nepal
Author: Mountain Hawk Trekking
10. Mardi Himal Trek - Best Alternative To Annapurna Base Camp Trek
Author: Himalaya Trekking Team
11. Three Exquisite Yet Cultural Cities Of Peshawar That You May Never Want To Leave
Author: Flights Masters
12. Rent The Driver’s Place; Enjoy With Family And Kids On Your Trips
Author: Robert Anhouse
13. Dmz Taxi Tour – Driver Guide Tour Can Make The Dmz Tour A More Planned One!
Author: Brian Lee
14. The Car Rental Dubai Agency Is Your One Stop Shop To Hire The Best Car Of Your Choice
15. Areas Of Cuba
Author: Stephen David