ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Types Of Epoxy Coating And Their Advantages Over Conventional Flooring
Total Articles: 21
Epoxy flooring is a way of protecting, sealing and repairing concrete floors. Aside from prolonging its life, it also gives the floor a glossy and non-slip surface. Epoxy often consists of resin that is poured over the flooring. Other than concrete, it can also be used on floors made from marble or terrazzo. Epoxy can also be used to repair and fill in small holes, cracks and crevices. This is a cheaper alternative as opposed to having the entire section of the floor removed and replaced.
Seamless Epoxy Flooring is often used in industrial settings that get a lot of traffic from people, vehicles and heavy machinery. The material is also dust and waterproof, which makes the surface easy to clean. This makes epoxy a great option for areas that need to be frequently cleaned and sanitized, such as kitchens and restrooms. Other locations epoxy flooring is suitable for includes factories, warehouses, garages, pharmaceutical floors and retail centers.
Epoxy Commercial Floor Coatings come in several varieties. Consumers generally have the following options to select from depending on their specific needs:
* Self-Dispersing Epoxy Coating - This form of epoxy coating is favored for its exceptional mechanical strength. It is often used for areas subjected to heavy traffic from heavy machinery, forklifts and pallet jacks. The epoxy is made from quartz sand, which gives it good anti-slip properties.
* Self-Leveling Epoxy Coating - This is an economical form of epoxy used for creating a smooth and seamless surface. It is often applied over existing concrete floors and is also used for areas like offices, kitchens, storage areas and dining rooms.
* Mortar Epoxy Coating - This is the strongest and most durable of all the epoxy coatings. This is often used in areas subjected to high traffic from large and heavy construction and transportation vehicles.
* Graveled Epoxy Coating - These are more used for decorative purposes. Some form of design can also be applied over the epoxy, which makes it a great choice for businesses that would like to embed their logo over the flooring.
* Epoxy Terrazzo Coating - This is similar to graveled epoxy and is recognized for its aesthetic value. It is often applied over front entrances of public facilities, schools, hallways, waiting areas and other areas where people tend to congregate.
* Epoxy Antistatic Coating - This flooring is used in areas where a static-free environment is required, such as hospitals, laboratories and other areas that store electronic equipment.
Aside from being low cost, durable and visually appealing, epoxy also helps to improve employee and worker safety with its anti-slip and bacteria-free flooring. In addition, it also has the ability to maintain its shape and form even when exposed to extreme temperatures.
For most businesses, epoxy coating is a worthy investment that will last for years without the need for additional maintenance other than the routine cleaning. Companies have multiple coatings to choose from that suits their budget and specific needs. A contractor can also provide free consultation and make recommendations after performing an in-person inspection to make a determination.
Home and Garden Articles1. Electrical Service Upgrade For Safe And Uninterrupted Energy Consumption
Author: Christine Delongte
2. 4 Reasons Why Renovating Your Cottage Is A Good Idea
Author: Christine Delongte
3. Guide To Buying Wooden Wall Clocks For Homes And Offices
Author: Jeremy Kugler
4. Emergency Plumbing Repair Service For Home And Office
Author: Jack Ronald
5. Should I Replace My Entry Door?
Author: Mary Morris
6. Best Range Of Gas Cook Tops
7. Slab Leak Repair In The Easiest And Most Efficient Way
8. Top Reasons To Opt For Professional Window Glass Replacement In Chicago
Author: Russell Rabin
9. Pool Remodeling- Getting A New And Wonderful Pool For Your Home In Charleston
Author: David Smith
10. Everything You Should Know About Services In End Of Lease Cleaning
Author: Karanveer Rawat
11. Steps To Take Before You Buy A Mowing Franchise: Businesses For Sale
Author: Phil Maunder
12. Classic Design Of Venetian Blinds Giving Flexible Control Of Light And Privacy
Author: Joseph Zammit
13. The Biggest Home Furnishing Trends Of 2017 That Will Rule Your Home
Author: Nupur Tiwari
14. Architecture Design Ideas That Influence Modern Lifestyles
Author: Saloni Sharma
15. Waterproofing Of Timber Structures
Author: Matthew Lavitov