ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Types Of Epoxy Coating And Their Advantages Over Conventional Flooring
Total Articles: 21
Epoxy flooring is a way of protecting, sealing and repairing concrete floors. Aside from prolonging its life, it also gives the floor a glossy and non-slip surface. Epoxy often consists of resin that is poured over the flooring. Other than concrete, it can also be used on floors made from marble or terrazzo. Epoxy can also be used to repair and fill in small holes, cracks and crevices. This is a cheaper alternative as opposed to having the entire section of the floor removed and replaced.
Seamless Epoxy Flooring is often used in industrial settings that get a lot of traffic from people, vehicles and heavy machinery. The material is also dust and waterproof, which makes the surface easy to clean. This makes epoxy a great option for areas that need to be frequently cleaned and sanitized, such as kitchens and restrooms. Other locations epoxy flooring is suitable for includes factories, warehouses, garages, pharmaceutical floors and retail centers.
Epoxy Commercial Floor Coatings come in several varieties. Consumers generally have the following options to select from depending on their specific needs:
* Self-Dispersing Epoxy Coating - This form of epoxy coating is favored for its exceptional mechanical strength. It is often used for areas subjected to heavy traffic from heavy machinery, forklifts and pallet jacks. The epoxy is made from quartz sand, which gives it good anti-slip properties.
* Self-Leveling Epoxy Coating - This is an economical form of epoxy used for creating a smooth and seamless surface. It is often applied over existing concrete floors and is also used for areas like offices, kitchens, storage areas and dining rooms.
* Mortar Epoxy Coating - This is the strongest and most durable of all the epoxy coatings. This is often used in areas subjected to high traffic from large and heavy construction and transportation vehicles.
* Graveled Epoxy Coating - These are more used for decorative purposes. Some form of design can also be applied over the epoxy, which makes it a great choice for businesses that would like to embed their logo over the flooring.
* Epoxy Terrazzo Coating - This is similar to graveled epoxy and is recognized for its aesthetic value. It is often applied over front entrances of public facilities, schools, hallways, waiting areas and other areas where people tend to congregate.
* Epoxy Antistatic Coating - This flooring is used in areas where a static-free environment is required, such as hospitals, laboratories and other areas that store electronic equipment.
Aside from being low cost, durable and visually appealing, epoxy also helps to improve employee and worker safety with its anti-slip and bacteria-free flooring. In addition, it also has the ability to maintain its shape and form even when exposed to extreme temperatures.
For most businesses, epoxy coating is a worthy investment that will last for years without the need for additional maintenance other than the routine cleaning. Companies have multiple coatings to choose from that suits their budget and specific needs. A contractor can also provide free consultation and make recommendations after performing an in-person inspection to make a determination.
Home and Garden Articles1. 5 Steps You Must Take Today To Ensure Your Rugs Aren’t Ruined
Author: Mike Aurtho
2. Vanities From Repurposed Furniture
Author: Litts Plumbing
3. 4 Low-maintenance Kitchen Countertops That Can Stand The Kitchen Heat
Author: Christine Delongte
4. Buy Quality Industrial Coolers Online India To Maintain Cool And Fresh Airflow In The Industrial Fac
5. Most Professional And Renowned Residential And Commercial Plumbing Contractors
Author: Jack Ronald
6. House Cleaning Is An Imperative Task To Do
Author: Monika Zuzanska
7. 4 Benefits Of Curtains, Every Homeowner Should Know
Author: Nupur Tiwari
8. Cleaning Services Without Polluting The Environment
Author: Monika Zuzanska
9. The Commercial Gas Repair Sunshine Coast Is Your One Stop Shop To Resolve All Gas System Problems
10. Barnyard Dance In The Fairy Garden
Author: Lauren Kyes
11. Pros And Cons Of Replacing A Bathtub With A Shower
Author: Mary Morris
12. Kitchen Remodel Tips To Help You Achieve Your Dream Kitchen
Author: Mary Morris
13. 10-point Guide For Choosing Reliable Residential Cleaning Services
Author: Luckie Maid
14. Method For Pest Controlling
Author: Vivek Suthar
15. Hire A Professional To Get Spotless House Cleaning Services
Author: Ethan Symes