ALL >> Health >> View Article
8 Easy Ways To Protect Your Tooth Enamel
Total Articles: 9
Tooth enamel is tougher than our bone and is considered as the most durable mineral substance in our body. It is the hard, outer surface of our teeth that shields them from tooth decay. Whenever your dentist in Austin TX talks about dental caries, he is also discussing about possible tooth enamel erosion. Hence, it is necessary that you know how to protect your tooth enamel.
1. Lemon and other citrus fruits may be good for your body; hence, you always eat or juice them. But you must be cautious because they are among the foods that decay your teeth the quickest. To prevent this, you have to rinse your mouth right after eating or drinking them. You may also use a straw to avoid the direct contact of the acid to your teeth.
2. Do not use just any toothpaste that you see in the grocery stores; choose fluoride toothpaste. It has the ability to make your tooth enamel stronger and it can protect it against acid attack. Similarly, look for toothbrush that has soft bristles because it is gentle on the enamel.
3. Brush and floss your teeth regularly. This will ensure the cleanliness of your teeth and remove all food debris that is trapped in between your teeth thereby preventing tooth decay. However, you may have to stop yourself from brushing your teeth after consuming foods and drinks that are high in acid. You may have to wait for an hour because your tooth enamel is still prone to damage. Likewise, do not be too harsh on your teeth when brushing.
4. Do not make it a habit to bite hard objects like utensils and foods, such as candy and chicken bone, because these will make your enamel weaker.
5. Your dentist in Austin TX may agree that you need to stop drinking a lot of soda from this time on. This is because the acid and sugar it contains can melt enamel. The same is also true for diet colas because they still have corrosive acid even if they do not have sugar and for sports or energy drinks because they comprise high levels of acid.
6. Try to limit your consumption of snacks or else, you will only feed the bacteria that are inside your mouth.
7. From time to time, you may end your meals with a bite of cheese. It has the ability to lessen the acidity in your mouth; thereby, reducing the chances of weakening your enamel.
8. Carrots are rich in beta-carotene, which makes your enamel healthy. This vegetable’s hard surface, on the other hand, gets rid of plaque.
You will notice that most of the techniques to protect your tooth enamel point to the types of foods and drinks you consume every day. For this reason, you will have to be watchful of what you put inside your stomach or specifically, what you allow your teeth to have direct contact with. If you have problem with your tooth enamel, it is best to consult with your dentist in Austin TX.
Health Articles1. Stress Attack - Why You Will Need Help Now!
2. Hypnotherapy For Depressive Disorder For Permanent Results
3. How To Handle Stress And Manage Avoidance
4. Easy Ways Of Managing Your Anxiety
5. Best Choices For Severe Depressive Management
6. Anxiety Management During Stress
7. Anxiety Management - Four Tricks You Can Start Using Today
8. Dry Rubbing And The Death Grip: Self-pleasuring Problems To Avoid
Author: John Dugan
9. Neck, Shoulder And Pain Management
Author: Mahesh Singh
10. Old Age Home Provides Love , Respect And ,carefree Life To Senior Citizens
Author: shiv ganga senior
11. Technology In Medical Industry
12. How Many Sessions For Tattoo Removal?
Author: hifza nauman
13. Where To Buy Phentermine 37.5 Mg Online In Oregon
14. Aromatic Revival Of Mind, Body And Soul With Therapeutic Massage
Author: Vicky Mamoria
15. 5 Ways Seniors Can Boost Their Energy
Author: Jane Doe