ALL >> Education >> View Article
There Is A Big Difference Between Press Releases And Online Articles
Total Articles: 35
Not long ago, a newbie to the online article authoring sector was having trouble getting their articles approved at one of the top online article directory sites. Apparently, their articles were far too over-the-top when it came to promotional marketing. In other words they were more like press releases than just straight articles. Of course, being quite new to all this, they asked what is the difference between press type releases and articles? Yes, a decent question and hopefully, I might shed some light on all this.
Well, it's pretty simple really:
- A PRESS RELEASE is an "announcement" of a product, service, coming event, or project and it often resembles a public relations piece with a strong marketing and advertising push.
- An ARTICLE is an informative or news related piece about an event, person, circumstance, opinion, and it has an informational motive to educate and inform the reader without overbearing bias.
My acquaintance who contacted me online was in the business of helping people access public information, things such as school records or property ownership lists. So, I explained that in their case an article might inform a reader as to the various types of public information available to them, and how they might use that information to help them.
For instance, they may wish to obtain property records to find out who owns a piece of property if they want to make an offer to buy it, use it for an event, or contact the owners for permission of some sort. School records might be wise to obtain to vet a candidate for office, or prior to nomination, unlike what was done in President Obama's case, had it been done we wouldn't have many of the problems we do today.
Articles with an informational slant what the top online article directory websites are looking for. The press releases belong on other websites specifically for that purpose, and directory type article websites especially the best ones are not to be used for bold in-your-face marketing, rather for informing the reader. You see, if you have informational articles, you may put your contact information at the bottom of the article, much as you see in trade journals, and "IF" the reader is interested they may click on that link, if not, they have received free information and you've added to the wealth of human data online, which is what the Internet is for.
So, I hope this explains it all to you, in case you are having challenges trying to understand the difference between the two, as my online acquaintance was. Please pass on the word, let's keep everything fair to the online readers.
Education Articles1. Insight Of The Key Benefits Of Corporate Training
2. Which Are The Best Engineering Courses In India 2017?
3. Essay On Drug Crime Investigation
Author: jackson bird
4. Dyslexia Software Ready For Windows 10s - Ghotit Dyslexia
5. Fishy Things That Nobody Told You About Tax Accountant In Rockdale
Author: Austin Loader
6. Digital Marketing Training Institute In Chandigarh, Mohali India
7. Sap Online Training By Learn It Training
Author: Learn IT Training, Hyderabad Based Online Training
8. Prepare Your Child With Summer Tutoring Programs
Author: TAS New York
9. Engineers Have The Ability To Change The World
Author: ponting brown
10. Which Are The Best Engineering And Architecture Courses In The Construction Industry?
11. Past Responsive Webdesign: Tomorrows Technology
Author: Learn web designing course Bangalore, Infocampus i
12. Explore, Learn, Construct & Grow With Cept University
Author: cept university
13. Best Advice You Could Ever Get About Taking Online Classes
Author: Benjamin Williams
14. Numerical Simulation Of Flow Ower Flat - Sloped Stepped Spillway
15. How To Improve Academic Performance: 5 Things You’re Forgetting To Do
Author: Todd Manning