ALL >> Education >> View Article
There Is A Big Difference Between Press Releases And Online Articles
Total Articles: 35
Not long ago, a newbie to the online article authoring sector was having trouble getting their articles approved at one of the top online article directory sites. Apparently, their articles were far too over-the-top when it came to promotional marketing. In other words they were more like press releases than just straight articles. Of course, being quite new to all this, they asked what is the difference between press type releases and articles? Yes, a decent question and hopefully, I might shed some light on all this.
Well, it's pretty simple really:
- A PRESS RELEASE is an "announcement" of a product, service, coming event, or project and it often resembles a public relations piece with a strong marketing and advertising push.
- An ARTICLE is an informative or news related piece about an event, person, circumstance, opinion, and it has an informational motive to educate and inform the reader without overbearing bias.
My acquaintance who contacted me online was in the business of helping people access public information, things such as school records or property ownership lists. So, I explained that in their case an article might inform a reader as to the various types of public information available to them, and how they might use that information to help them.
For instance, they may wish to obtain property records to find out who owns a piece of property if they want to make an offer to buy it, use it for an event, or contact the owners for permission of some sort. School records might be wise to obtain to vet a candidate for office, or prior to nomination, unlike what was done in President Obama's case, had it been done we wouldn't have many of the problems we do today.
Articles with an informational slant what the top online article directory websites are looking for. The press releases belong on other websites specifically for that purpose, and directory type article websites especially the best ones are not to be used for bold in-your-face marketing, rather for informing the reader. You see, if you have informational articles, you may put your contact information at the bottom of the article, much as you see in trade journals, and "IF" the reader is interested they may click on that link, if not, they have received free information and you've added to the wealth of human data online, which is what the Internet is for.
So, I hope this explains it all to you, in case you are having challenges trying to understand the difference between the two, as my online acquaintance was. Please pass on the word, let's keep everything fair to the online readers.
Education Articles1. One Of The Best And Renowned Cbse School In Pcmc, Pune - Academic Heights Public School
Author: Academic Heights Public School
2. Best Selenium Training Institute In Marathahalli Bangalore
Author: Gyan Guide
3. Accelerate Your Stagnant Career With An Executive Mba
Author: Great Learning
4. Open Access Online Journal Helps Researchers To Provide Research Papers
Author: Dr. Pawan Verma
5. New Mobile App.- 1.9 Launched By Justdakhila For Those Parents Searching School For Their Children
6. Best Spoken English, Pte, Ielts, Toefl Classes In Kurukshetra Harayana
Author: British Institute
7. Improve Career Path With Sap Certification | Sap Simple Finance Training
Author: venkat reddy
8. What Is Digital Marketing? What Are The Modules In Digital Marketing Courses?
9. Take Admissions In One Of The Best Engineering College
Author: ponting brown
10. Ccna Training: A Way For Bright Future
11. Doing The Sunday School Activities Perfectly And Own The Peace
Author: Parveen Kumar
12. Sap C_terp10_67 – Business Process Integration Certification
Author: Jose White
13. Usage Of Selenium In Automated Testing
Author: Siyaram Ray
14. Sap Certified Technology Associate – C_hanatech_11 Edition 2016
Author: Jose White
15. Pmp Is A Rage Among Employers As Well. Enrol For Pmp Training In Hyderabad Right Away